Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Mariah Carey

Featured Replies

16 minutes ago, Toxic Love said:

Question: How do y'all feel about Einstein nowadays?

Read this too quickly and thought that it said Epstein rip

  • Replies 14.2k
  • Views 700.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Cleanromantic
    Cleanromantic

    I'm diving into Mariah's discography and my god, the QUALITY   I've always loved the big hits but I had no idea how good her albums were 

  • I honestly thought she'd never release new music again  

  • James_Dean
    James_Dean

    I'm sorry but I did laugh

Hate to say it but Mariah's chaotic tribute night outshone the actual Grammy award ceremony. Am i surprised? No.

IMG_1800.gif

Dumbass playing the part that sounds the same

kii at him squashing taustin's theory that she needed the album producers to make the music sound like it did, though.

chile let's see if the olympics will do something for nip. she sounds good on the clip i saw heart

You're so far (so far, so far)
You're slipping away, away
Slipping away from what we had
Truly, I just don't understand
So far, so far, so far
You're slipping away, away
You're slipping right out of my grasp
When you're fading so fast it seems
You know you're slipping away

Time after time I reach for you

Try and I try but you're so aloof

Where is the boy that you used to be?

Baby, you're slipping away from me

md-Qrzpv.png

I sometimes forget just how many songs she has written for others (or that ended up song by others). Trey Lorenz (x4), Allure (x2), 7 Mile (and the remix too, right?), Penny Ford, Faith Hill, Blaque, Daryl Hall, Chick album ofc.

She also co-produced even more songs than that.

5 hours ago, EJQL8 said:

chile let's see if the olympics will do something for nip. she sounds good on the clip i saw heart

I just hope she can serve some energy and remember the Italian words. Is that too much to ask deadbanana

8 hours ago, DivaCup said:

You're so far (so far, so far)
You're slipping away, away
Slipping away from what we had
Truly, I just don't understand
So far, so far, so far
You're slipping away, away
You're slipping right out of my grasp
When you're fading so fast it seems
You know you're slipping away

Time after time I reach for you

Try and I try but you're so aloof

Where is the boy that you used to be?

Baby, you're slipping away from me

md-Qrzpv.png

YOUR SO FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARHHHHHHHHHH!

I'm at work and IDK. Mariah's music just makes me happy and I was telling my co-worker (a straight man) about her etc etc. I told him about Obsessed being an Eminem diss track and I recited some lyrics. He laughed and said "she didn't write that". Why is this the first reaction out of most people? biblio sure, she wrote it with 2 other people but that doesn't take away from it. Plus, ALL of her music is distinctly HER.

I told him if he hasn't heard the bulk of her discography then I don't want to hear it

1-Nqwy-Lut.gif

To be fair, earlier in the day he acknowledged that she is extremely talented but he is "not the target demographic for her music", which he said was girls and gays, which he isn't completely wrong but I'm not really of the mindset that music is only for "certain people". But sure. cm

I can only talk to gays about music smh

I hope SUD gets the acclaim it deserves when she finally unearths the original version. I really don't think it's an exaggeration to say it's a top 5/top 6 Mariah album and Love is a Scam is one of her best songs.

I just hope people understand that the lyrics are a mixture of earnestness and Mariah's trademark dry humor.

6 hours ago, DivaCup said:

I'm at work and IDK. Mariah's music just makes me happy and I was telling my co-worker (a straight man) about her etc etc. I told him about Obsessed being an Eminem diss track and I recited some lyrics. He laughed and said "she didn't write that". Why is this the first reaction out of most people? biblio sure, she wrote it with 2 other people but that doesn't take away from it. Plus, ALL of her music is distinctly HER.

I told him if he hasn't heard the bulk of her discography then I don't want to hear it

1-Nqwy-Lut.gif

To be fair, earlier in the day he acknowledged that she is extremely talented but he is "not the target demographic for her music", which he said was girls and gays, which he isn't completely wrong but I'm not really of the mindset that music is only for "certain people". But sure. cm

I can only talk to gays about music smh

Some straights (and gays tbh) are just dead set on being loud and wrong. They see a hyperfemme artist and automatically discredit their artistry in their minds.

On 2/4/2026 at 5:48 AM, Toxic Love said:

Question: How do y'all feel about Einstein nowadays? For me I know the production is very dated late 00s R&B but I can't make the music not bop

rogue

We stan it especially on a hot summer day, perfect beach holiday album if i do say so myself, those fossils still trying to purport this being her worst album simply hates/never experienced fun - so sorry, self hating and not accepting fun isn't a shared experience heart i hope they find love one day.

IMG_1800.gif

The production is very late 00s r&b because it was r&b music released in the late 00s, like Mariah Carey sounded very dated early 90s music - SO? As you said, the music simply bops, dated is an obsolete argument because when the composition/music arrangement is great, it provides a great snapshot of music from that time. I'd recommend E=MC2 to people looking to discover late 00s R&B over projects by non-singers like C-error or some ****.

Personal top three: I'll Be Lovin' U Long Time, Last Kiss, I SOTY In Love <3

6 hours ago, DivaCup said:

I'm at work and IDK. Mariah's music just makes me happy and I was telling my co-worker (a straight man) about her etc etc. I told him about Obsessed being an Eminem diss track and I recited some lyrics. He laughed and said "she didn't write that". Why is this the first reaction out of most people? biblio sure, she wrote it with 2 other people but that doesn't take away from it. Plus, ALL of her music is distinctly HER.

I told him if he hasn't heard the bulk of her discography then I don't want to hear it

1-Nqwy-Lut.gif

To be fair, earlier in the day he acknowledged that she is extremely talented but he is "not the target demographic for her music", which he said was girls and gays, which he isn't completely wrong but I'm not really of the mindset that music is only for "certain people". But sure. cm

I can only talk to gays about music smh

Even with gays it's weird sometimes, the hating ones are always quick to state that Mariah is not for them or that it's "the only one they dont like" and it's like if we can't be rational there's no point in continuing this discussion..

Me on MIAM & Einstein haters:

13 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

Some straights (and gays tbh) are just dead set on being loud and wrong. They see a hyperfemme artist and automatically discredit their artistry in their minds.

4 minutes ago, Faded said:

Me on MIAM & Einstein haters:

I've switched on Memoirs take what you can get

sabrina

20 hours ago, suburbannature said:

I sometimes forget just how many songs she has written for others (or that ended up song by others). Trey Lorenz (x4), Allure (x2), 7 Mile (and the remix too, right?), Penny Ford, Faith Hill, Blaque, Daryl Hall, Chick album ofc.

She also co-produced even more songs than that.

and most importantly this bop of course

1 minute ago, suburbannature said:

I've switched on Memoirs take what you can get

sabrina

Keep going!! bird you'll get there one day <3

OOC, I'm That Chick, TMB, Migrate, IBLYLT... maybe I agree with the misogyny argument cause imagine hating an album with this many hits.

rogue2

41 minutes ago, Mezzanine said:

OOC, I'm That Chick, TMB, Migrate, IBLYLT... maybe I agree with the misogyny argument cause imagine hating an album with this many hits.

rogue2

Drag her, read her!!

IMG_1800.gif

19 hours ago, suburbannature said:

She really should've just kept this song. The way this would've enhanced Butterfly even further. jonny

4 minutes ago, Taste of Honey said:

She really should've just kept this song. The way this would've enhanced Butterfly even further. jonny

I think the lyrics are probably a little too generic for Butterfly, but I do love it. I need to hear the Mimi demo one day. No point in keeping it out of respect now with the way Allure talks about her rip

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.