Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

the more time passes the clearer it is that tfm captures her as an artist. We have 4 weird dark bops, soulful ballad, 2 sexy fun bops, melancholic bop. Best of everything she can do.

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

6 minutes ago, Dumbledore said:

I just saw the 2.3 million update, not even the people who like it are streaming Harleclown

 

depositphotos_81760396-stock-illustratio

 

On a different note, I have Godly Mistake stuck in my head oh wow, what a beautiful calm guitar and a beautiful voice. A blow of fresh air among the strident shoo-doo-shoo-bee-ooo-bee jazz scat.

 

blazedpx.gif

the way she snuck a career highlight that sounds nothing like the rest of the album on there. 'Mistake' deserves shallows success!

11 minutes ago, Kimi said:

the more time passes the clearer it is that tfm captures her as an artist. We have 4 weird dark bops, soulful ballad, 2 sexy fun bops, melancholic bop. Best of everything she can do.

The way there was that thread the other day about Gaga not having a critically acclaimed album. 78 in 2009 was critically acclaimed. Ray of Light is sitting at a 76 for gods sake. Alot of critics genuinely thought Pop was below them until like 2015. They probably still do and that's why they phone in their super positive reviews. :gaycat6:

Edited by Tovitov

Do we have confirmation that there's a red carpet tonight anywhere 

 

:suburban:

Sooooo I don't want to be the bearer of bad news but looking at the current pace of presales data JFAD could open even below $40M in the US. Also impacted by the hurricane in Florida.

 

Just want to make sure everyone adjusts their expectations as an under $50M OW seems more and more likely as time goes on.

 

My predictions as of right now:

 

- Neutral Scenario: $48M

- Best Case Scenario: $56M

- Worst case Scenario: $36M

 

 

As always, this could change (slightly) tomorrow.

 

1 minute ago, Zerocoke said:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves… it could literally still open below ASIB if Thursday previews fall below $7M (which is fascinating, really. And still fairly possible).


spacer.png

Well, I'm not going to be doom & gloom about it. My hunches are usually good - I knew ASIB was going to slay (user @Leptine was often the only other user here also excited about it at the time lol), knew Gucci was going to be her female, very gay Scarface camp classic etc., I had my mini meltdown after Venice and then settled my expectations accordingly. :giraffe:

So a secret listening party with signed affidavits and disclosure agreements, yall know what this means 

sassy-girl-sashay.gif

Omg 36 mil opening would be a disaster :rip:

 

Anyway I'll just stay in the base and let the bad ******* handle OGHs

  • Popular Post
1 minute ago, MonsterJohn said:

Omg 36 mil opening would be a disaster :rip:

 

Anyway I'll just stay in the base and let the bad ******* handle OGHs

i can't take any more hits, i'm clocking out 

this bad ***** is done! 

 

cigar-explosion-smoking.gif

9 minutes ago, Zerocoke said:

Sooooo I don't want to be the bearer of bad news but looking at the current pace of presales data JFAD could open even below $40M in the US. Also impacted by the hurricane in Florida.

 

Just want to make sure everyone adjusts their expectations as an under $50M OW seems more and more likely as time goes on.

 

My predictions as of right now:

 

- Neutral Scenario: $48M

- Best Case Scenario: $56M

- Worst case Scenario: $36M

 

 

As always, this could change (slightly) tomorrow.

 

I'm going to be sick :chick3:

Y'all can say what y'all want, but the amount of hit gifs/emotes the Joanne era produced is unprecedented

 


 

http://i.imgur.com/1Z7N0Zb.gif

42c8e34114.png

http://i.imgur.com/3NR0bYM.gif

Ladygaga Ellendegeneres GIFs | TenorA Picture and Gif for Each Song on Joanne - Page 2 - Gaga Thoughts - Gaga  Daily

Gaga SuperBowl gifs! - Gaga Thoughts - Gaga Daily

LG7 Lead Out June 21st Theory - My Opinion - Gaga Thoughts - Gaga Daily

Edited by Arthoe

2 minutes ago, MonsterJohn said:

36 mil opening

 

Todd Phillips, I -- :bibliahh:How tf did we go from the most-anticipated movie of the year to this? 

 

1 minute ago, yASSsss said:

I'm going to be sick :chick3:

update your signature sis, she has 13 grammys

9 minutes ago, Darkroth said:

So a secret listening party with signed affidavits and disclosure agreements, yall know what this means 

sassy-girl-sashay.gif

wait what

9 minutes ago, Zerocoke said:

Sooooo I don't want to be the bearer of bad news but looking at the current pace of presales data JFAD could open even below $40M in the US. Also impacted by the hurricane in Florida.

 

Just want to make sure everyone adjusts their expectations as an under $50M OW seems more and more likely as time goes on.

 

My predictions as of right now:

 

- Neutral Scenario: $48M

- Best Case Scenario: $56M

- Worst case Scenario: $36M

 

 

As always, this could change (slightly) tomorrow.

 

I just checked Box Office Theory, and the neckbeards there are predicting 50M opening currently. Not great Bob, but not as bad the above scenario. We shall see what happens I guess. 

13 minutes ago, Darkroth said:

So a secret listening party with signed affidavits and disclosure agreements, yall know what this means 

sassy-girl-sashay.gif

Who said that

Harlequin numbers are bad, but not surprising given that it's a mainly jazz album.
These numbers would have gone unnoticed or even applauded if the album had been released later during LG7's tour, for example, but in this case, I think the timing was wrong (this is just my opinion, of course).


She's in a huge momentum: her duet is a hit, Joker is released (even if the film disappoints or flops), she's THE star of the moment.
So when she comes out with a project at this time, everyone (the general public) expects something crazy.
Gaga has put the public spotlight on her (and I think it's the first time in years that so many people have been waiting for her), so releasing this jazz project at that time wasn't the best idea.
When you're at the top of your game, at your momentum, people look for the slightest flaw...and as a result, Harlequin's numbets are widely reported and mocked...

 

But that's all right, she's had her fun.
 

Where's the *** that predicted Joker would do 2B. I just wanna talk 

 

spacer.png

7 minutes ago, eleganceislearned said:

I just checked Box Office Theory, and the neckbeards there are predicting 50M opening currently. Not great Bob, but not as bad the above scenario. We shall see what happens I guess. 

Yeah I mean, as stated in my post this is the most likely scenario for now, anywhere between $48-52M. But there are already many theaters in several states of the US (Florida in particular) where comps show a performance below $40M. So just be ready for that possibility as a worse case scenario.

 

Today's numbers are looking worse than yesterday.

inb4 Gaga plays the lead single tonight and it's released Friday

 

:jonny: 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.