Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

Just rediscovered Sweet Sound of Heaven. Mother sounds great 

 

They better get a Grammy for it :rogue:

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.7m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Surprised not as many people on this base are excited for the Joker trailer that is coming on April Fool's if they keep up with the holiday tease/drops they did for Valentine's

1 minute ago, Vroom Vroom said:

Just rediscovered Sweet Sound of Heaven. Mother sounds great 

 

They better get a Grammy for it :rogue:

The way this base let it come and go despite it being one of her most epic songs ever

 

Also I was listening to Speechless yesterday.  Wow a song! :clap3:

2 minutes ago, Archetype said:

Is it tho?  I love both songs but Alice doesn't really come across as a difficult song to make.  Maybe it's more fun to dance to, but AS is significantly more interesting to listen to while still going off.  Tbh there are a few songs on Renn that, IMO, are better than anything on Chromatica, but I do think Chrom is an all around more cohesive and better (listenable) album.

 

As far as Joanne and CC, I see them as being pretty similar.  A lot of filler, a few songs that sound random af, but amazing career highlights.

The unicorn/uniform line kinda drags down Alien Superstar.

4 hours ago, Miss Anthropocene said:

Stupid love is her best lead single but yall ain't ready for the convo  :gaygacat1:

ok I love Stupid Love, and this stupid fanbase hating on Stupid Bop for no reason is annoying as ****, but no. Stupid Love is great, indeed, but her lead singles are too strong (besides Born This Way). 

12 minutes ago, TedLasso said:

Sorry I don't get the Alice hype :coffee: it doesn't touch Replay which touches Gaga's older music pre ARTPOP

Everyone has its own taste until they say alien superstar is better than Alice 

IMG_0112.gif.68f350df4379e235987a018e149

1 minute ago, GraceRandolph said:

The unicorn/uniform line kinda drags down Alien Superstar.

I don't mind it that much tbh, it's like 5 seconds of the song.  Alice has some of Gaga's most literal lyrics to date despite it being amazing.  

8 minutes ago, Blade said:

Surprised not as many people on this base are excited for the Joker trailer that is coming on April Fool's if they keep up with the holiday tease/drops they did for Valentine's

On boy 

6 minutes ago, Summer Boy said:

ok I love Stupid Love, and this stupid fanbase hating on Stupid Bop for no reason is annoying as ****, but no. Stupid Love is great, indeed, but her lead singles are too strong (besides Born This Way). 

I think same, I love love love SL cause it made me a stan, but there were better lead singles comparing the impact they have made

 

 

btw which account should I follow on instagram to be updated to possible joker trailer? Warner Bros?

Can't wait for this Joanne discourse to end, we need to let that album rest in peace 

JFAD trailer on Monday

 

Lead announcement on Thursday 

 

Lead release on the 11th 

 

Surprise Coachella set on the 12th

 

IMG_0112.thumb.gif.619f56d41d14044d5e61509eccd15743.gif

 

 

3 minutes ago, Bhabylon said:

Can't wait for this Joanne discourse to end, we need to let that album rest in peace 

Another thing, I don't want to be a part of this nonsense war, but the artist who writes their own songs has always more credibility than those who don't 

Just now, Velvet said:

JFAD trailer on Monday

 

Lead announcement on Thursday 

 

Lead release on the 11th 

 

Surprise Coachella set on the 12th

 

IMG_0112.thumb.gif.619f56d41d14044d5e61509eccd15743.gif

 

 

Imagine if it's true.

 

 

throwback to 3 weeks ago when I was in Budapest being afraid she announced. 

21 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

 

When you butcher every era since 2011, yeah, the related music won't be remembered fondly. :gaycat3:

It's kind of annoying how Bey lifts so much from other genres and literally samples like crazy yet Gaga is the one considered unoriginal.

Just now, hausofbryan said:

When you butcher every era since 2011, yeah, the related music won't be remembered fondly. :gaycat3:

Joanne was absolutely not butchered in any way.

I love Chromatica, her best album since BTW, but I understand why it's not remembered well with how she treated it and even what she's implied about it. It sounds like she was literally held hostage. :lmao: 

Just now, GraceRandolph said:

Joanne was absolutely not butchered in any way.

Yeah, PI was a great lead single and the MR video was a career highlight.

 

(Nevermind the album itself wasn't even good, but that's unrelated to the era execution.) 

 

 

4x.gif

I'm confident LG7 will be great, at least she seems to be enjoying making it. That's a relief. I would love if she did visuals in advance so we don't need to worry about cancelled things again.

28 minutes ago, Blade said:

Surprised not as many people on this base are excited for the Joker trailer that is coming on April Fool's if they keep up with the holiday tease/drops they did for Valentine's

Cause the director himself said MID April.

 

9 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

It's kind of annoying how Bey lifts so much from other genres and literally samples like crazy yet Gaga is the one considered unoriginal.

Not unoriginal. More so uninspired

Just now, Miracle said:

Cause the director himself said MID April.

 

Oh did he? That's good to know. I wasn't sure when we should expect it.

 

:gaycat4:

I don't understand why this fanbase bases their own enjoyment of an album off of vibes and perceptions and rollouts. Plenty of artists have hated making albums that turned out amazing, or loved making albums that I personally find poor. This doesn't change what I think of the music itself. Gaga's two botched eras (ARTPOP and Chromatica) had outside circumstances which largely led to the derailment (Troy fiasco and COVID-19) but that doesn't change the music retroactively. Gaga still invested her own money into the GUY music video and toured the album, and still kept busy during 2020 raising money for COVID relief and campaigning to unseat Donald Trump. Not everything is about eras.

3 minutes ago, Janet said:

Not unoriginal. More so uninspired

The accusation against Gaga since like 2009 is that she is UNORIGINAL. The Madonna comparisons, Grace Jones comparisons, and Bowie comparisons were used to drag her, yet most artists nowadays aren't even as original as she was at her peak yet get none of the flack.

1 minute ago, GraceRandolph said:

Not everything is about eras

To you

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.