Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

35 minutes ago, Blade said:

Surprised not as many people on this base are excited for the Joker trailer that is coming on April Fool's if they keep up with the holiday tease/drops they did for Valentine's

Blade henny, stop while you're behind

Jonah Hill No GIF by The Taboo Group

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.7m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

4 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

I don't understand why this fanbase bases their own enjoyment of an album off of vibes and perceptions and rollouts. Plenty of artists have hated making albums that turned out amazing, or loved making albums that I personally find poor. This doesn't change what I think of the music itself. Gaga's two botched eras (ARTPOP and Chromatica) had outside circumstances which largely led to the derailment (Troy fiasco and COVID-19) but that doesn't change the music retroactively. Gaga still invested her own money into the GUY music video and toured the album, and still kept busy during 2020 raising money for COVID relief and campaigning to unseat Donald Trump. Not everything is about eras.

She literally became a megastar because of her eras, including visuals, fashion, and videos. It's perfectly valid for fans to judge her based on them. 

1 minute ago, H34rtOfCharcoal said:

To you

No, in music. Also I think what this fandom sees as "eras" sometimes is more or less "GP perception and success" rather than how well an era was promoted. because Joanne actually had a thorough album campaign, as did ARTPOP.

Just now, hausofbryan said:

She literally became a megastar because of her eras, including visuals, fashion, and videos. It's perfectly valid for fans to judge her based on them. 

But, megastars in 2024 don't do eras like that. It's just not a thing anymore.

I think Gaga is well aware that she needs to deliver a flawless album and era, and that's the reason why she's taking her sweet time. I truly believe that. 

She needs a reinvention for LG7 or her music career will take a hit and her commercial power will decline. 

( Assuming she cares about staying relevant in the music industry) 

1 minute ago, GraceRandolph said:

But, megastars in 2024 don't do eras like that. It's just not a thing anymore.

She didn't break out in 2024, so that's not really relevant.. I just don't think its a lot for fans to want her to consistently release good videos and leave her house more than once a year to show off some fashion. It seems she recognizes there's high expectations judging by her posts lately, anyway, so I'm feeling hopeful. 

And FWIW, she's the one who keeps saying fashion, music, art, (and technology) all go together. If she believes that, she should show it in her work again. 

4 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

Gaga: Records a country influenced album.

 

Critics and fans: "So inauthentic!”

 

Gaga: Makes an album honoring a deceased aunt who she has previously talked a lot about and published a poem for. 

 

Critics and fans: "So inauthentic!”

 

Beyoncé: Records a country influenced album.

 

Critics and fans: "Talented, brilliant, incredible, amazing, show-stopping…”


Beyoncé: Makes an album honoring a deceased uncle who she has previously talked a lot about.


Critics and fans: "Talented, brilliant, incredible, amazing, show-stopping…”

TEA-1.gif

1 minute ago, hausofbryan said:

She didn't break out in 2024, so that's not really relevant.. I just don't think its a lot for fans to want her to consistently release good videos and leave her house more than once a year to show off some fashion. It seems she recognizes there's high expectations judging by her posts lately, anyway, so I'm feeling hopeful. 

Bey hasn't released any visuals for Renaissance, Taylor is slowing down with single releases, Dua is slowing down compared to FN era... These massive eras are simply a thing of the past. The sooner we stop expecting BTW level promo the better. Eras with 3 music videos, a handful of performances, and a few quality interviews are going to be the norm for artists going forward.

2 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Bey hasn't released any visuals for Renaissance, Taylor is slowing down with single releases, Dua is slowing down compared to FN era... These massive eras are simply a thing of the past. The sooner we stop expecting BTW level promo the better. Eras with 3 music videos, a handful of performances, and a few quality interviews are going to be the norm for artists going forward.

That's totally fine, but she barely even hits that bar that you just laid out, and when she does, it's with a few major misfires tossed in. I think we all know what she's capable of delivering, so when she brings it down to just Adobe partnerships and Haus Labs, it's disappointing.

Edited by hausofbryan

I actually enjoyed Chromatica era more than most. The biggest complaint is the lack of a Chromatica Ball Tour film. Outside of that I thought the era was totally satisfactory, with a huge step up from the Joanne music video quality, and great visuals across the board from the Paper magazine shoot, to the album cover, to the #ads. I think the biggest issue is the infrequent releases. If Gaga released another album last year we'd be preoccupied.

12 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

The accusation against Gaga since like 2009 is that she is UNORIGINAL. The Madonna comparisons, Grace Jones comparisons, and Bowie comparisons were used to drag her, yet most artists nowadays aren't even as original as she was at her peak yet get none of the flack.

I was referring to her most recent output being referred to as "uninspired". I don't think Gaga's had much criticism for being unoriginal in over 10 years lol

 

 Beyoncé's interpolations and inspirations aren't in any way "unoriginal" - which is what you are trying to say. There's a reason her latest releases have such a hold on the industry: she is able to cultivate and produce an album that is so well thought out and creative, that it impacts the culture. 

The delusional side of me hopes she's filming visuals of some type (doesn't need to be full videos) while writing and recording, and that's why her eyebrows are bleached. 

Just now, hausofbryan said:

The delusional side of me hopes she's filming visuals of some type (doesn't need to be full videos) while writing and recording, and that's why her eyebrows are bleached. 

Five Foot Two the re-up when :gayoncecat2:

7 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

I actually enjoyed Chromatica era more than most. The biggest complaint is the lack of a Chromatica Ball Tour film. Outside of that I thought the era was totally satisfactory, with a huge step up from the Joanne music video quality, and great visuals across the board from the Paper magazine shoot, to the album cover, to the #ads. I think the biggest issue is the infrequent releases. If Gaga released another album last year we'd be preoccupied.

To put it simply, Gaga set herself apart from her peers largely by her impactful visuals and an immersive album/era experience . For many fans, this has not been the case for the last several albums. And with Chromatica, there was so much hope since she was finally returning to dance pop after 7 years. Then the era was "sabotaged" by COVID.

 

I think she set herself up for a lot of fan disappointment with over promising the visual aspect (and also additional music) of ARTPOP that never came. So much of the negativity from fans you are referring to is a result of both of these.

 

We are just waiting for that full, Gaga album/era experience and concept that she crafted. 

Edited by H34rtOfCharcoal

1 minute ago, scheibe said:

 

:celestial3:

she did say her friends are healthy and kind so :giraffe:

  • Author
6 minutes ago, sunbathinganimal said:

what is this

 

 

New still? :eek: 

  • Popular Post

JFAD TRAILER COMING AND RATCHY FIRED, IM PEEING A LITTLE BIT :WAP:

40 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

I don't understand why this fanbase bases their own enjoyment of an album off of vibes and perceptions and rollouts. Plenty of artists have hated making albums that turned out amazing, or loved making albums that I personally find poor. This doesn't change what I think of the music itself. Gaga's two botched eras (ARTPOP and Chromatica) had outside circumstances which largely led to the derailment (Troy fiasco and COVID-19) but that doesn't change the music retroactively. Gaga still invested her own money into the GUY music video and toured the album, and still kept busy during 2020 raising money for COVID relief and campaigning to unseat Donald Trump. Not everything is about eras.

I find this extremely subjective and I don't think it's exclusive to this fanbase. I personally judge albums and music based on quality first and foremost. However, the actual era, the content, the visuals, the performances, the interviews, and most importantly feeling the artist's passion through them can elevate the music for me and make me love it more. 

 

ARTPOP is my least favorite record from her but it will always hold a special place in my heart because of how passionate Gagger was about that album (despite the **** she was going through) and how hard she fought for it. Chromatica is a much better album but the terrible and botched rollout/era really left a sour taste in my mouth. I look back and all I remember is Tudor watches, Oreos, Nurtec pills, cancelled concert film, etc. That makes a big difference, but that's just me?

Edited by State of Grace.

36 minutes ago, H34rtOfCharcoal said:

Blade henny, stop while you're behind

Jonah Hill No GIF by The Taboo Group

You need to stop reading literally all my post as "tea".
My post is the most typical "fan speculation" post ever. How tf am I supposed to know when a trailer is going to come? 
 

Put me on ignore please. I'm tired of no-life losers like you scrutinizing anything I say as if it's not just fan talk and some sort of cryptic attempt at teasing something. **** off.

This might be the safest place to say that Joanne is a masterpiece compared to CC. The empress has no clothes on tbh….but the folks that drink the kool aid… 

 

spacer.png

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.