Lady Gaga

Phoenixstar

4 minutes ago, hausofbryan said:

The Chainsmokers tweet

4x.gif

We need that kind of energy back. This time @Benson Boone or something

4x.gif

2 minutes ago, chosensparkles said:

Oh my I remember!! But yeah the biggest issue for Joanne was the whole PR.. like DIC is about masturbating… why is it related to your dead aunt?

She just wanted to heal her MAGA'd father. Can't really blame her when I'm still struggling with my daddy issues as well

4x.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 144.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marry Illusion Glory

• Almodusa

• Artur

• Leptine

1 minute ago, State of Grace. said:

We need that kind of energy back. This time @Benson Boone or something

4x.gif

She just wanted to heal her MAGA'd father. Can't really blame her when I'm still struggling with my daddy issues as well

4x.gif

He listened to the album and became MAGA

4x.gif

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, hausofbryan said:

Me in 2017 thinking A-YO would've done well on radio. I was cracked out.

4x.gif

A-YO is the ONLY song on Joanne Angelina that I will defend :clap: Manicure Pt II, the smashterpiece you would've been 

1 minute ago, WildAmerican said:

when her mark ronson co-penned mega smash was a folk ballad from a movie not whatever A-Yo is

4x.gif

ARUTW also snatching the Hillary Lindsey co-penned country'd smash/classic title from MR

4x.gif

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, hausofbryan said:

Gaga was never going to get credit for anything country, Joanne also had songs like "Dancin in Circles" and "Perfect Illusion,” nevermind the fact she tossed the era under the rug with releasing something like The Cure right after Million Reasons. :rip: 

Gaga released an ASIB outtake (The Cure) because she was playing Coachella and her label wanted to test out her streaming power with a more conventional pop song. I swear y'all give her no credit. Do you want her to release droplets occasionally or not?

This is us soon, I guess

:suburban:

• Haha 1

yall are too harsh on artpop and chromatica and not harsh enough on the fame. that album is her weakest, basically all skips after poker face 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

4 minutes ago, Kimi said:

yall are too harsh on artpop and chromatica and not harsh enough on the fame. that album is her weakest, basically all skips after poker face 

Your flip-flopping cracks me up.

4x.gif

Yeah knowing who's producing would be cute we starving

tumblr_olr3gb1hLz1u6n38po1_250.gif

8 minutes ago, Kimi said:

Thank you. It has her worst album tracks which half of them are unlistenable. The singles and about 3-4 album tracks are its saving grace. Its the album I relisten the least (together with Joanne)

4x.gif 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

9 minutes ago, Kimi said:

eh eh, 

boys boys boys

starstruck

i like it rough

summerboy

brown eyes

paper gangsta 

ARE RIGHT THERE!!!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Solar said:

Yeah knowing who's producing would be cute we starving

We kinda already know who is producing, though? Ozzy confirmed Watt is working with her + he reacts to each and every post on her insta.

I can carry you but not your ghosts

Wish I had the faith but I don't know oh

Oh SongwriterGa the power of your pen

giphy.gif

I listened to ARTPOP on the treadmill and it's such an unfairly rated album

The 1-2-3 punch of Aura, Venus and G.U.Y. at the beggining is actually insane. Aura's chorus sounds like God. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, TedLasso said:

8 years later and liddos still don't get album is self titled / her middle name, only the song is about her aunt. 

Even that song is more about reflecting on her family trauma to talk about her career/ artistry:rip: The way Joanne as whole are so wrongfully marketed like they should advertise that as an album about adulthood like Adele's 30 :flower2:

Edited by paperfectdelusion

Anyway I'm cautiously excited at that post. On one hand Gaga tends to be hyperbolic and not very trustworthy but she has been echoing the same/a similar sentiment since TCB so I'm hoping it will really materialize in one of her best albums. She is basically promising that, which is crazy.

Would she do it if she was unsure that the music she's writing can stand up to her best? I'd hope not because the fans expectations will be high. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Marry Illusion Glory said:

I can carry you but not your ghosts

Wish I had the faith but I don't know oh

Oh SongwriterGa the power of your pen

giphy.gif

oooop

Chromatica would have been a bigger smash if she had not lost interest in doing the full scale promo planned because of Covid first wave. You can tell she was ready to promote the **** out of it, especially after ASIB, but then she's probably too much a perfectionist and didn't want to do only half of what was planned (including the coachella special). 

VMA, Oreo and Fortnite are all leftovers that she probably couldn't cancelled due to contracts and that's why he got just limited to it. There was not even a campaign for the Grammys, which is very odd, but look she did a lot of campaign for that Tony last album stuff so it's not like she clocked out. She just had moved on and her label decided to leave her alone as the tour had sold well (even tho postponed). 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Sinner's Prayer is very underrated. Joanne is a solid album that would be even better if she wasn't forced to water it down by the label. Hopefully she is in a better place now where she doesn't have to compromise (I think Chromatica was pretty safe but it was just her incapacity to engage with the production rather than her label forcing her). 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ctlp27 said:

Chromatica would have been a bigger smash if she had not lost interest in doing the full scale promo planned because of Covid first wave. You can tell she was ready to promote the **** out of it, especially after ASIB, but then she's probably too much a perfectionist and didn't want to do only half of what was planned (including the coachella special). 

VMA, Oreo and Fortnite are all leftovers that she probably couldn't cancelled due to contracts and that's why he got just limited to it. There was not even a campaign for the Grammys, which is very odd, but look she did a lot of campaign for that Tony last album stuff so it's not like she clocked out. She just had moved on and her label decided to leave her alone as the tour had sold well (even tho postponed). 

campaign for the Grammys happened sis

that Billboard issue she did, 911 mv release, billboards in LA, the usual boxes they send to voters... Chroma got 2 nods overall, the biggest shock was the ROM was not in the big categories... but everyone knew Chroma was never getting an AOTY nod...

Stupid love is her best lead single but yall ain't ready for the convo  :gaygacat1:

• Haha 4
  • Confused 7
  • Thumbs Down 2

2 minutes ago, chosensparkles said:

campaign for the Grammys happened sis

that Billboard issue she did, 911 mv release, billboards in LA, the usual boxes they send to voters... Chroma got 2 nods overall, the biggest shock was the ROM was not in the big categories... but everyone knew Chroma was never getting an AOTY nod...

But there's campaign and campaign. These stuff is not herself it's the label. 
The 911 MV however I highly doubt she did it for the Grammys. Came out in August, no push to radio or else (that I recall). It felt like GUY 2.0, giving a little treat to the fans, be free with her concept and tease a bit for the VMA. 

you don't campaign with only one performance during the whole era, like she even got lucky to get noms tbh

Just now, ctlp27 said:

But there's campaign and campaign. These stuff is not herself it's the label. 
The 911 MV however I highly doubt she did it for the Grammys. Came out in August, no push to radio or else (that I recall). It felt like GUY 2.0, giving a little treat to the fans, be free with her concept and tease a bit for the VMA. 

you don't campaign with only one performance during the whole era, like she even got lucky to get noms tbh

no one campaigned hard that year really

Taylor did nothing for folklore...

Clowning a bit but if she only added Joker 2 to the post after editing it, then that basically confirms the music is coming this year :clown:

2 minutes ago, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

Clowning a bit but if she only added Joker 2 to the post after editing it, then that basically confirms the music is coming this year :clown:

I mean her wording means music is def coming this year

Joker 2 won't heal people

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.