Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

6 hours ago, Dad said:

I don't think she didn't promote chromatica because of the pandemic, if you guys remember right when the album was released the BLM movement became huge and people were dragging her for promoting music during that, so she most likely gave up on it after that, justified or not 

 

5j5svkN.gif

I think it was a combo of three things:

Pandemic, civil unrest, and a tight schedule she had to adhere to. When things didn't go as planned, they had a hard time figuring out how to restart and still stay within their schedule. Sometimes it just doesn't work.

 

6 hours ago, PlERRE said:

Something about Chromatica that I really like is the strong concept, specially the imaginery and creative work behind the visuals. We didn't had a lot of street looks or performance, but the creative direction for all of the photoshoots and visuals was so strong that you saw something pink futuristics with wires and everyone said "Yup, that's Chromatica". 

I love how she worked with so many new people and digital artists. The artwork she released for everything was phenomenal. 

 

2 hours ago, Love Again said:

In regards to Chromatica, I posted in another thread how I basically feel about the album:

 

spacer.png

 

No offense, but anyone who follows "not saying she needs to go back to Troy Carter" with "BUT" doesn't have a valid opinion.

 

It's amazing to me that after the lashings Joanne was given, it's now being used against Chromatica. This happens with every album, and it'll happen with Chrome too. "This new album sucks, even Chrome was better". :rip:

 

1 hour ago, Summer Boy said:

Chromatica is amazing and y'all just hate it because Gaga (unfairly) treated it like ****. 

??? She didn't treat it like ****, though? Every time she talked about the album, she lit up and was very clearly passionate about it. Not being able to promote it like you guys wanted is not the same as treating it badly.

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Facebook is loaded with posts about Joker and fanmade posters, I'm not even following Gaga stuff over there but they came out as 'suggested posts' and they're full of comments.

1 hour ago, Vroom Vroom said:

We really know nothing. Just rumors. And most rumors about Gaga are typically wrong. 
 

It is rumored that she had scheduled studio time right after J:FAD finished filming. 
At the end of April it is rumored that she will perform at the White House. Then in early May she may make an appearance at the Met Gala. 
A lot of fans speculate that she will return to Vegas this year. 
 

We really are in the dark right now. All we have are vague rumors 

 

47 minutes ago, Leptine said:

Nope, we're totally in the dark.

Oh gosh here we go again with another Gaga drought :noparty:

maybe she can now focus on doing Joanne Winery like she planned to do after all :clap3:

Chromatica is so good, y’all just wanna hate on everything 

Chromatica is not a bad  album

but it's not her best

do y'all ever think about how INSANE her album chronology is?

the fame being followed with the fame monster.

the fame monster being followed with btw.

btw being followed with artpop.

artpop being followed with joanne.

joanne being followed with chromatica.

 

it's crazy how much she changes each era. the fact that artpop was btw's follow up is still insane to me.

1 hour ago, Bang Up said:

I think it was a combo of three things:

Pandemic, civil unrest, and a tight schedule she had to adhere to. When things didn't go as planned, they had a hard time figuring out how to restart and still stay within their schedule. Sometimes it just doesn't work.

She had such a tight schedule in 2020. She originally planned on touring Chromatica in the summer of 2020, before filming House of Gucci! 
Not to mention popular music acts were getting cancelled left and right for not following covid protocols. Literally 90% of the Chromatica era plans would of broken covid protocols, plus Gaga is a kindness punk and she didn’t want to spread the virus, only kindness 

I mean, she still has around 20 shows left in the original Vegas contract. It doesn't seem far fetched to think she might do the usual 10-show stint sometime during fall or winter. 

23 minutes ago, chosensparkles said:

Chromatica is not a bad  album

but it's not her best

 I didn't expect her to smash again with dance at all, but as a fan she served us idc what some of you say you enjoyed this album - an inoffesnive gaga bop album - but its hard to not look like you are being typical forum gay to separate criticism and commercial performance etc

 

i remember the ARTPOP renaissance in april 2021 i actually realised it is actually really solid album. i just find it a bit too noisy and dated. Dope after MJHw was actually ahead of its time. That was just too much that album tho. it has a lot of soul. and of course DWUW the version he had to delete is legit one of her best pop songs and like TEOG wasn't treated as such

8 minutes ago, Bojana said:

435fbe70a0282af82a0914c9520df355ab6f7813 

2d0dd92cd1557c6a37c9af7d9f9a7abf692dcc14

 

 

now imagine it filmed with professional cameras

spending money on props and outifts should've taken priority. i actually totally understood the SL MV and dindt mind the camera - its not like ROM had much more to it, but they just needed to work with what they could and spending much more time and money on her outfits and the background dancers would've fleshed it out. That AM deal ensured so much promo, but then again the song was weak for a lead especially post shallow.

 

The borat mankini and the hot pink diaper were 90% of that MV and they looked cheap

17 minutes ago, Vroom Vroom said:

She had such a tight schedule in 2020. She originally planned on touring Chromatica in the summer of 2020, before filming House of Gucci! 
Not to mention popular music acts were getting cancelled left and right for not following covid protocols. Literally 90% of the Chromatica era plans would of broken covid protocols, plus Gaga is a kindness punk and she didn’t want to spread the virus, only kindness 

So what you're saying is that if we want a jam-packed era for LG7, we need a pandemic with a virus that infects people with kindness?

 

7 minutes ago, Mr. Stratus said:

 I didn't expect her to smash again with dance at all, but as a fan she served us idc what some of you say you enjoyed this album - an inoffesnive gaga bop album - but its hard to not look like you are being typical forum gay to separate criticism and commercial performance etc

 

i remember the ARTPOP renaissance in april 2021 i actually realised it is actually really solid album. i just find it a bit too noisy and dated. Dope after MJHw was actually ahead of its time. That was just too much that album tho. it has a lot of soul. and of course DWUW the version he had to delete is legit one of her best pop songs and like TEOG wasn't treated as such

I think this is why the album succeeds for me. I don't always want her to "push the boundaries" or do things that are different. Sometimes it's nice to just have a good, safe album that's easy to listen to, especially during a time as tumultuous as 2020 was. Her playing it safe with her return to dance made sense to me, and I think there are still some glimmers of experimentation here and there.

 

I think she's in a space professionally and personally now where she can experiment if she really wants to.

 

15 minutes ago, Bojana said:

435fbe70a0282af82a0914c9520df355ab6f7813 

2d0dd92cd1557c6a37c9af7d9f9a7abf692dcc14

 

 

now imagine it filmed with professional cameras

a "professional camera" wouldn't have changed anything lol. 

Edited by Bang Up

Fun Tonight is kinda the best song of all time

 

spacer.png

The Chromatica era was so ironic. She had so many songs on that album calling out toxic fans; Fun Tonight, Plastic Doll ect. Telling them how she feels about them and they responded by tearing her apart 

 

Cause I'll have spent too long
Dancing all alone
Dancing to the same song
I'm no toy for a real boy
If you're a real boy

Don't play with me, it just hurts me
I'm bouncing off the walls
No-no-no, I'm not your plastic doll

 

Yeah, I can see it in your face
You don't think I've pulled my weight
Maybe it's time for us to say goodbye 'cause
I'm feeling the way that I'm feeling, I'm feeling with you
I'm not having fun tonight

You love the paparazzi, love the fame
Even though you know it causes me pain
I feel like I'm in a prison hell
Stick my hands through the steels bars and yell


 

You know that when she said, “Your monsters torture me” she was indirectly calling us out 

 

 

23 minutes ago, Bojana said:

435fbe70a0282af82a0914c9520df355ab6f7813 

2d0dd92cd1557c6a37c9af7d9f9a7abf692dcc14

 

 

now imagine it filmed with professional cameras

it's not the professional cameras that make it better, it's the s**** kindness stinks concept that ruins it

4 minutes ago, Vroom Vroom said:

The Chromatica era was so ironic. She had so many songs on that album calling out toxic fans; Fun Tonight, Plastic Doll ect. Telling them how she feels about them and they responded by tearing her apart 

 

Cause I'll have spent too long
Dancing all alone
Dancing to the same song
I'm no toy for a real boy
If you're a real boy

Don't play with me, it just hurts me
I'm bouncing off the walls
No-no-no, I'm not your plastic doll

 

Yeah, I can see it in your face
You don't think I've pulled my weight
Maybe it's time for us to say goodbye 'cause
I'm feeling the way that I'm feeling, I'm feeling with you
I'm not having fun tonight

You love the paparazzi, love the fame
Even though you know it causes me pain
I feel like I'm in a prison hell
Stick my hands through the steels bars and yell


 

You know that when she said, “Your monsters torture me” she was indirectly calling us out 

 

 

as silly as these songs come off, the lyrics are really good, easy to understand, and to the point. sometimes you don't need heavy-handed metaphors that don't make sense to anyone outside of your fans.

anyway, chromatica may not have the best production of her albums but her lyrics :alexz:

when she said "This is my dancefloor I fought for" I felt that 

Looks like they filmed some of those outside scenes for Joker 2 inside on the backlot too with green screens. I just saw them on reddit but they're getting taken down QUICK.

14 minutes ago, Bojana said:

anyway, chromatica may not have the best production of her albums but her lyrics :alexz:

when she said "This is my dancefloor I fought for" I felt that 

It literally has the best production quality out of all her albums. Born This Way has the worst production quality, still to this day I am not sure if it was intentional or not. Part of me feels like she meant for it to sound like it was recorded in the 80s 

2 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

any details of what you saw :celestial5:

It's on the reddit Joker_folieaDeux page. I think it's still up on there but getting take down across twitter reposts. 

44 minutes ago, FameFatale said:

Looks like they filmed some of those outside scenes for Joker 2 inside on the backlot too with green screens. I just saw them on reddit but they're getting taken down QUICK.

I saw that too, maybe they didn't want to spoil some things

44 minutes ago, Vroom Vroom said:

It literally has the best production quality out of all her albums. Born This Way has the worst production quality, still to this day I am not sure if it was intentional or not. Part of me feels like she meant for it to sound like it was recorded in the 80s 

It was recorded on the tour bus, so... 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.