Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Kelly Clarkson

Featured Replies

The Mine clip is EVERYTHING!!!!!!!! 

 

Hard to tell about Me since I've just heard the acapella but Mine seems like it will be my favorite out of the two as of right now

Edited by KCFan2014

  • Replies 6.9k
  • Views 621.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I texted @Bloo tonight and told him I’m gonna do a Kelly takeover this weekend for ATRL. If you have any suggestions on things we should tweet out or do for the site, let is know. She’s gonna be on th

  • This was an amazing cover. More than anything, I want Kelly to land a major cinematic theme song like MHWGO or IWALY. She has the voice for it and, if it did well, it could be a hit for her. I would l

  • no shade but I expect more from her 1st independent release. she now has 100% creative control + freedom and the first thing she releases sounds like her last 2 albums   give us the country

  • ATRL Moderator
6 hours ago, jpsketch said:

I feel like I'm beating a dead horse, but I always have to bring it up. Despite what everyone on ATRL thinks, there is no playlisting “payola”. Yes, an artist wants to be on the biggest playlist in a prime spot, but that's not something you can just pay for. Apple/Spotify have full control over that. 

 

There are certain things an artist/label can do, like Spotify sessions, etc. that might help them get better playlisting, but other than that, it's out if their hands.

 

“We have great relationships with all of the labels, managers and artists. Our ultimate goal is to give fans the music they want to hear and our playlists are a reflection of that. We have the tools to know when a song isn’t working on a particular playlist and when the audience isn’t responding to it. We have a democratic and unique approach to playlisting, so for us it’s all about good music. Labels can not (or don’t) pay to get on Spotify’s owned and operated playlists.”

 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tomward/2017/07/31/how-do-songs-end-up-on-spotify-playlists-anyway/?sh=4bf90cc0bbb7

I've been looking into this, and would be curious to hear your thoughts, because I just don't believe labels aren't monetarily incentivizing streaming services to push individual songs. 

 

Considering anywhere from 70 to 80% of the tracks comprising Spotify's biggest playlists come from four major labels (https://www.hypebot.com/hypebot/2022/05/major-labels-control-70-87-of-tracks-on-major-spotify-playlists.html), it's evident they have at least some sway in placement. Then there's the examples of songs losing streams daily yet remaining on playlists week after week while others gain without receiving proper support from playlists. Given the numbers, I just don't see how you can say Apple or Spotify have 'full control.'

 

OT: I'm making the conscious choice not to listen to any snippets. I'm eagerly waiting for the songs' release next week, cannot come soon enough :wanda:

Just listened to the new clip!!!  Sounds good.  So far liking mine more.  

2 hours ago, Ampersand13 said:

I've been looking into this, and would be curious to hear your thoughts, because I just don't believe labels aren't monetarily incentivizing streaming services to push individual songs. 

 

Considering anywhere from 70 to 80% of the tracks comprising Spotify's biggest playlists come from four major labels (https://www.hypebot.com/hypebot/2022/05/major-labels-control-70-87-of-tracks-on-major-spotify-playlists.html), it's evident they have at least some sway in placement. Then there's the examples of songs losing streams daily yet remaining on playlists week after week while others gain without receiving proper support from playlists. Given the numbers, I just don't see how you can say Apple or Spotify have 'full control.'

 

OT: I'm making the conscious choice not to listen to any snippets. I'm eagerly waiting for the songs' release next week, cannot come soon enough :wanda:

I can't say much on this but what I will say is I heard from the literal horses mouth that they have no control. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Edited by jpsketch

People are saying, based on the snippets that it sounds like mix of her previous records. They heard Breakaway, MD, Stronger and MOL. Based on the snippets, I think they’re very MOL-y. She sounds soulful and her vocals are richly produced it sounds. 

Mine sounds amazing! I already love it from the clip and it only took a few listens to get stuck in my head. :alexz:

16 hours ago, RealityBites said:

“me” was written with Josh Ronan (@ronansmusic) & GAYLE per their IG stories. 

'with' meaning Kelly is a writer, yes?

15 minutes ago, kylegfil_ said:

'with' meaning Kelly is a writer, yes?

No idea but I’d assume so since Kelly said she worked with her when she mentioned on the TKCS 

1 hour ago, Heartbeat Song said:

My Spotify still has her WCCA picture ugh. 

I think they haven't updated the main one yet because the WCCA pic still comes up when you search her name. The new one shows up as the artist profile photo for the m/m playlist or if you play one of the m/m clips on a large screen, it shows up as the background image.

2 hours ago, RealityBites said:

No idea but I’d assume so since Kelly said she worked with her when she mentioned on the TKCS 

Thanks!  I am truly hoping she is a writer or co-writer for every track.  It's been six years, I want to hear from her directly, if that makes sense.

10 minutes ago, badbitch51 said:

I think they haven't updated the main one yet because the WCCA pic still comes up when you search her name. The new one shows up as the artist profile photo for the m/m playlist or if you play one of the m/m clips on a large screen, it shows up as the background image.

Ah I see now. It show when I login to Spotify through a browser 

13 hours ago, RealityBites said:

“me” clip on Spotify! Sounds great 

The Mariah-esque notes in the background are EVERYTHING :smitten:

13 hours ago, jpsketch said:

I can't say much on this but what I will say is I heard from the literal horses mouth that they have no control. 🤷🏽‍♂️

They may have systems in place to cut down on it, but I highly doubt it’s all talent based. Capitalism knows no boundaries.

Sounds great. So far my favorite preview (out od the ones I heard, I'm kind of losing track of all the leaks, previews, snippets etc)

1 hour ago, RealityBites said:

Do we get another clip on Spotify tonight? 

Nope :gaycat6:

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.