Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
The New Releases 💿

Beyoncé

This is part 1 of the Beyoncé discussion.

Featured Replies

15 minutes ago, satellites.™ said:

I just dont like Jay Z, without him most of her controversies could be avoided. Performing in Dubai and etc.

 

That said, they are in a different tax bracket from us and sometimes I just feel like these arguments are out of our lane since we know in our hearts she would never GIVE to these people, only TAKE from them and I am fine with that. Rob their asses blind.

Not u thinking shes Robin Hood incarnate.

Robin Hood didnt set up dynamic prices or fooled his followers into purchasing sth that was incomplete

 

:suburban:

 

Lbr, there have been signs that her shes become a religious fanatic of some sorts these past few years (her religion = money/capitalism)

  • Replies 143.5k
  • Views 7.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • It was the best concert of my life, bar none. Idc!    It was extraordinary, it was ineffable.  I knew I loved it based on the videos but I... Hey I don't know.    Best moment

  • SashaDevachelli
    SashaDevachelli

    I know this award is a joke but the point is, she has cemented herself in history with the likes of Whitney and Lauryn. And on top of that she won an award for a genre that completely ridiculed and ex

  • Potentially #1 in the US, UK and Canada in the same week   

19 minutes ago, satellites.™ said:

I just dont like Jay Z, without him most of her controversies could be avoided. Performing in Dubai and etc.

 

That said, they are in a different tax bracket from us and sometimes I just feel like these arguments are out of our lane since we know in our hearts she would never GIVE to these people, only TAKE from them and I am fine with that. Rob their asses blind.

solo Beyoncé as we know it wouldn't exist without him. He's on writing credits for all of her albums including songs he didn't rap in. All the way back to dangerously in love. I do think she'd be a lot more humbled without him and Matthew managing her would keep her in a tight ship alongside Tina. Now Tina is clueless to the behind the scenes. She was shocked when TS Madison told her she didn't know she was on the album until the track list came out. And as expected Yvette is useless but I got jumped for saying this in the past. She has the easiest celebrity in the world to do PR for and when was the last time she stopped a non-Twitter rumor that made the press? The alien superstar sample???

Edited by Fleahive

Beyonce pays people to make sure she doesn't end up on a table with a Trump and they simply didn't do their job.

 

She wasn't in charge of seating at this gala and is definitely too polite to refuse the seat and leave but this is an obvious PR disaster that she pays people a lot of money to make sure doesn't happen. You guys going on and on about her politics when this is an administration issue is actually bizarre considering she's been in the industry for 30 years nearly and she is rarely in this kind of position unless it's intentional and she's trying to do/say something larger (CC era)

47 minutes ago, alien superstore said:

spacer.pngWait … ONE MORE THING

 

somethin that does NOT sit right with me is the way that this MAN keeps setting his WOMAN up for these sh*t shows. If we are to assume she is just blindly following him into these pr disasters, WHY does he keep SUBJECTING her to them?! This was not just on Beyonce and Yvette, this was on HIS team and HIM. I can't stand it. 
 

I am SO full of resentment.
 

A good man would have never let his wife get set up like this.

 

 

 

:suburban:

Y'all. I am as liberal as they come, and this has ruined the last two hours of work for me, but we know Beyoncé well enough to know that her values do not align with those of the Kushner's. They were invited to a charity event, likely to give money, because they have a lot of it, and that is all. She has survived worse, and I don't foresee this making a dent.
 

What's crazy is that this has turned into a stan war issue and mainstream media doesn't care yet. Please don't add more fuel to the fire. The same cultural uproar happened with Dubai, where it was mostly stans calling her out for performing there, and the general public did not care because the nuance was lost on them.

....Am I crazy? I really don't see the big deal? We know she isn't a trump supporter and that's all that matters. Her sitting at the same table with the mans daughter at an event isn't a sign of a co-sign to me. 

5 minutes ago, Havoc said:

....Am I crazy? I really don't see the big deal? We know she isn't a trump supporter and that's all that matters. Her sitting at the same table with the mans daughter at an event isn't a sign of a co-sign to me. 

Ivanka has managed to be a weasel in the exact way a weasel works anyway. Remember now, her and Kim K are besties and Ivanka was ALWAYS a high powered socialite before Trump ever ran for office. Serena Williams and her husband also got backlash for this, but it went nowhere last year I believe when Trump mentioned he emails her or something of the sort. The 1% is small and these people all knew each other before any of us knew they did, Oprah, Weinstein, Epstein, Trumps, Obamas, Bushes, Carters, the list goes on.

 

What matters is what happens publicly and as far as I can see and hear, Beyonce stood on ALL TEN TOES for Kamala and LOUDLY, that matters to me. 

 

Now if I found out she donated money to the Trump campaign that'd be something TOTALLY different, but that would never happen, she sued him for using her music not too long ago.

Edited by satellites.™

I don't think anyone is questioning her politics, but her judgement, her husbands judgement, and everyone around them

1 hour ago, Starchild said:

No, I can't get into base at all, yalls was the only one that popped on trending topics so I checked if it was working (base is only working for some people through notifications and trending) As lame as it sounds, I've been trying to get into gagas base :rip: 

 

I don't have a history of being here at all so idk what you mean (also ignoring the fact I've been insulting Taylor and other pop girls too but wtvr). But just wanted to answer, I don't actually want to bother y'all in base so I'll shut up 

not you playing nice ouu you're up to something :rogue:

2 blurry pictures and it launches this? Please, nobody in the real world cares. All the media attention is on the Emmy's. Maybe an article or two on how good she looks and some for the event. 
 

You guys make it seem worse and are clearly butthurt by making ANOTHER thread about it. 

11 minutes ago, Triton said:

2 blurry pictures and it launches this? Please, nobody in the real world cares. All the media attention is on the Emmy's. Maybe an article or two on how good she looks and some for the event. 
 

You guys make it seem worse and are clearly butthurt by making ANOTHER thread about it. 

exactly-and-i-told-her-i-said-maam-winep

All these parasocial meltdowns, I can see there's some grass that needs to be touched...

 

 

24 minutes ago, Triton said:

2 blurry pictures and it launches this? Please, nobody in the real world cares. All the media attention is on the Emmy's. Maybe an article or two on how good she looks and some for the event. 
 

You guys make it seem worse and are clearly butthurt by making ANOTHER thread about it. 

I don't think it really matters what the 'real world' thinks about it; everyone seems to be reflecting on their own personal feelings on this situation, what it says to them about the woman that they stan, and the choices she is making.

 

I love her down and have done so for probably around 20 years, but I'd be lying if I said this situation wasn't disappointing to me. She's becoming more out of touch, and that saddens me. I don't think this makes her a bad person or that she aligns with the Kushners' politics. But I do feel like she's growing further out of touch, and it reflects poorly on how I'm viewing what she is saying through her art. It makes it feel disingenuous, which is particularly challenging to reckon with.

1 hour ago, Havoc said:

....Am I crazy? I really don't see the big deal? We know she isn't a trump supporter and that's all that matters. Her sitting at the same table with the mans daughter at an event isn't a sign of a co-sign to me. 

 

its not a big deal...its the same people who hate Beyonce & Jay Z latching onto this as they do everything else. its in the same category as every other faux controversy they've been involved in for the last decade. here today, gone tomorrow. it'll be something else next week.

I love Beyoncé but we actually have to keep it real. Sometimes her actions undermine her artistry and messaging and unless you're cult hive, you'll see that. The fact she didn't distance herself from those two kinda shows that she prioritises elite social circles over ideological consistency. As someone mentioned earlier, her allegiance to wealth and class seems to take precedence sometimes and this creates a perception of selective activism that doesn't really align with the revolutionary image she is trying to cultivate. And I don't want to hear 'she's too polite', she needs to be consistent and actually stand on business. She gets dragged for so many things and a lot of the time, it is her own damn fault. 
 

With that said, this is absolutely nothing compared to what the current administration and conservatives are doing. I'm not about to act like this is some kind of ultimate betrayal. I still love Beyoncé, our faves can be problematic and messy sometimes. It is what it is. 

43 minutes ago, V$. said:

 

:cooldown:

Its all part of the promo for "i am the drama", now we know

 

:suburban:

Beyonce is not Malcolm X or Martin Luther King...she's not a martyr for the cause. She didn't want this power. Once people stop placing God like expectations on somebody who's been famous & wealthy for majority of their life...you'll stop getting your feelings hurt that she's not one of you. Beyonce should not have to live her life walking on eggshells b/c there's a crowd of ppl with pitchforks waiting to turn on her for any little thing and its been that way since 1999. its too fickle of an audience. Not even her children have been safe from the line of fire. allegiance for what? lolol.

 

 

I mean like she was at some of the same parties with Diddy, was she an r*pist because of that? That's lowkey how y'all sound like rn :suburban:

Theres sth that truly elates me about this whole farce:

 

All Bey needed to do this weekend was to show up at the Emmys looking cute and get some cute press.

However, she decided to join her husband on this stupid event to further a plan to open a casino and got busted for the people she supposedly spends time with or is ok spending time with.

Ironically, its for sth as unnecessary and stupid as opening a Casino, which inherently is all about taking advantage of addicts. And they want to sell this as a cultural investment, ***** PUHLEASE. Jay especially seems to be bored of how to spend his money at this point. 

 

I ADORE how this all is a case of "play stupid games, win stupid prizes". Amazing!

 

4 minutes ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

Theres sth that truly elates me about this whole farce:

 

All Bey needed to do this weekend was to show up at the Emmys looking cute and get some cute press.

However, she decided to join her husband on this stupid event to further a plan to open a casino and got busted for the people she supposedly spends time with or is ok spending time with.

Ironically, its for sth as unnecessary and stupid as opening a Casino, which inherently is all about taking advantage of addicts. And they want to sell this as a cultural investment, ***** PUHLEASE. Jay especially seems to be bored of how to spend his money at this point. 

 

I ADORE how this all is a case of "play stupid games, win stupid prizes". Amazing!

 

I always wonder what Jay has done to help where he grew up. Why not help the people who live there and do something that could give them opportunities? So much could be done. But then he does things like involve himself in a casino.

3 hours ago, V$. said:

 

:cooldown:

May have believed if it didn't say video. Good luck getting Beyoncé in one. 

2 hours ago, giRLbye. said:

Beyonce is not Malcolm X or Martin Luther King...she's not a martyr for the cause. She didn't want this power. Once people stop placing God like expectations on somebody who's been famous & wealthy for majority of their life...you'll stop getting your feelings hurt that she's not one of you. Beyonce should not have to live her life walking on eggshells b/c there's a crowd of ppl with pitchforks waiting to turn on her for any little thing and its been that way since 1999. its too fickle of an audience. Not even her children have been safe from the line of fire. allegiance for what? lolol.

 

 

Then she needs to stop with the revolutionary imagery and messaging and just release music because she enjoys making music. She is the one making her art political. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.