Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
The New Releases 💿

Beyoncé

This is part 1 of the Beyoncé discussion.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 143.5k
  • Views 7.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • It was the best concert of my life, bar none. Idc!    It was extraordinary, it was ineffable.  I knew I loved it based on the videos but I... Hey I don't know.    Best moment

  • SashaDevachelli
    SashaDevachelli

    I know this award is a joke but the point is, she has cemented herself in history with the likes of Whitney and Lauryn. And on top of that she won an award for a genre that completely ridiculed and ex

  • Potentially #1 in the US, UK and Canada in the same week   

Tomorrow is B's birthday and as a fan I wanna freely celebrate, appreciate and enjoy her tomorrow. But for that I need to get the following off my chest (hive please don't come for me). A part of me is hurt and deeply disappointed at B for not saying anything about the Genocide. It is not about what power celebs have or not, it is about a horrific moment in human history where our 'stars' capitulated into silence. So many big names have been speaking up from many corners, so it sucks to see B so quiet. As someone who since ST has been very deliberate about her platform and messaging, as someone who sees herself as more than a pop-star and sees herself as a cultural force, commentator and icon, it just puts such a damper on B for me. And thinking about how rock is presumably next as a genre - it feels like an even more missed opportunity by her. Her cultural messaging will never feel the same and that sucks. History will also see how the cultural titans of their era kept quiet. 

I just wanted to get this out of my system. It almost feels like this silent during a genocide Beyoncé is not my B. 

Edited by Calypso
typos

57 minutes ago, Calypso said:

Tomorrow is B's birthday and as a fan I wanna freely celebrate, appreciate and enjoy her tomorrow. But for that I need to get the following off my chest (hive please don't come for me). A part of me is hurt and deeply disappointed at B for not saying anything about the Genocide. It is not about what power celebs have or not, it is about a horrific moment in human history where our 'stars' capitulated into silence. So many big names have been speaking up from many corners, so it sucks to see B so quiet. As someone who since ST has been very deliberate about her platform and messaging, as someone who sees herself as more than a pop-star and sees herself as a cultural force, commentator and icon, it just puts such a damper on B for me. And thinking about how rock is presumably next as a genre - it feels like an even more missed opportunity by her. Her cultural messaging will never feel the same and that sucks. History will also see how the cultural titans of their era kept quiet. 

I just wanted to get this out of my system. It almost feels like this silent during a genocide Beyoncé is not my B. 

I get your anger, but her speaking out wouldn't change a thing. The frustration should be held against those in power, actual politic power.

She endangered her life on numerous occasions for her beliefs and dedicates the latter half of her career so far to directly uplift HER people with the instruments/professions she chose, her art. That should be enough.

2 hours ago, Tate said:

Me myself and I > irreplaceable 

:rip:

I think the amount of heat B gets online for even breathing has stopped her speaking out (at least directly) about these things unfortunately. 

Edited by misterboyjay
Typo

  • Popular Post
20 minutes ago, misterboyjay said:

I think the amount of heat B gets online for even breathing has stopped her speaking out (at least directly) about these things unfortunately. 

She was accused of some of the worst atrocities not that long ago while a monster sitting in the cell was memed and she received no apology for it. That kind of hostility hurled at her and her family was probably one of the most disgusting things I've witnessed on social media and I'm not even exaggerating. Nothing she has done calls for that vile behavior last year. I don't blame her for never talking again, **** them. :)

3 minutes ago, Starshine said:

She was accused of some of the worst atrocities not that long ago while a monster sitting in the cell was memed and she received no apology for it. That kind of hostility hurled at her and her family was probably one of the most disgusting things I've witnessed on social media and I'm not even exaggerating. Nothing she has done calls for that vile behavior last year. I don't blame her for never talking again, **** them. :)

Yeah. Can only imagine what that would've been like to navigate from the inside. 

2 hours ago, Calypso said:

Tomorrow is B's birthday and as a fan I wanna freely celebrate, appreciate and enjoy her tomorrow. But for that I need to get the following off my chest (hive please don't come for me). A part of me is hurt and deeply disappointed at B for not saying anything about the Genocide. It is not about what power celebs have or not, it is about a horrific moment in human history where our 'stars' capitulated into silence. So many big names have been speaking up from many corners, so it sucks to see B so quiet. As someone who since ST has been very deliberate about her platform and messaging, as someone who sees herself as more than a pop-star and sees herself as a cultural force, commentator and icon, it just puts such a damper on B for me. And thinking about how rock is presumably next as a genre - it feels like an even more missed opportunity by her. Her cultural messaging will never feel the same and that sucks. History will also see how the cultural titans of their era kept quiet. 

I just wanted to get this out of my system. It almost feels like this silent during a genocide Beyoncé is not my B. 

Idk I just find it super cringe that in the face of something as serious as genocide the person that you have the highest expectations for is Beyoncé.:deadbanana4:

 

Not the politicians who have a direct hand in what's currently happening. Or the governments who are enabling the genocide.


But Beyoncé is supposed to put her personal safety and the safety of her family on the line just so people on X can still ***** about every little thing she does. People will tear anything she says apart. Get real. 
 

Beyoncé is political but she's extremely self aware of her politics and where her lane is. Just making statements for the sake of making statements is not who she is. Never has been. 

 

Other people made the mess in Palestine. They need to fix it. And it's none of Beyoncé's business. 


 

42 minutes ago, Lovett said:

Run those streams up, girls! :WAP:

Then what is left from Rennie?  AUIYM?  

 

AUIYM needs a little viral moment 

Spoiler

Im just happy Bey would never swoop so desperate and do anything for a viral TikTok Dance and release garage like a certain other.

 

10 minutes ago, Lose My Breath said:

Then what is left from Rennie?  AUIYM?  

 

AUIYM needs a little viral moment 

Yeah, AUIYM is the only other one not over 100M. It's at 75.9M, so it's a long way off!

3 hours ago, Calypso said:

Tomorrow is B's birthday and as a fan I wanna freely celebrate, appreciate and enjoy her tomorrow. But for that I need to get the following off my chest (hive please don't come for me). A part of me is hurt and deeply disappointed at B for not saying anything about the Genocide. It is not about what power celebs have or not, it is about a horrific moment in human history where our 'stars' capitulated into silence. So many big names have been speaking up from many corners, so it sucks to see B so quiet. As someone who since ST has been very deliberate about her platform and messaging, as someone who sees herself as more than a pop-star and sees herself as a cultural force, commentator and icon, it just puts such a damper on B for me. And thinking about how rock is presumably next as a genre - it feels like an even more missed opportunity by her. Her cultural messaging will never feel the same and that sucks. History will also see how the cultural titans of their era kept quiet. 

I just wanted to get this out of my system. It almost feels like this silent during a genocide Beyoncé is not my B. 

I truly hate dislikes sometimes... especially when you are good intentioned and just expressing an opinion.

 

However the world is different now than how it was when she did Formation at the superbowl, the president is openly calling for charges to be brought to Beyoncé specifically for speaking at Kamala's campaign rally, and with him comes a whole tidal wave of fanatics who went as far as storming the capital, who knows what they would try to do to her. The president is also targeting pro-Palestinian protestors and has called them terrorists, if she spoke out she could be targeted further by him. At the end of the day she's a mother, and her priority will be protecting her family and unfortunately that probably means staying away from commenting on this. With the news articles saying shes looking to move to england, I genuinely think she's afraid of this country and what they can do to her. 

4 hours ago, Calypso said:

Tomorrow is B's birthday and as a fan I wanna freely celebrate, appreciate and enjoy her tomorrow. But for that I need to get the following off my chest (hive please don't come for me). A part of me is hurt and deeply disappointed at B for not saying anything about the Genocide. It is not about what power celebs have or not, it is about a horrific moment in human history where our 'stars' capitulated into silence. So many big names have been speaking up from many corners, so it sucks to see B so quiet. As someone who since ST has been very deliberate about her platform and messaging, as someone who sees herself as more than a pop-star and sees herself as a cultural force, commentator and icon, it just puts such a damper on B for me. And thinking about how rock is presumably next as a genre - it feels like an even more missed opportunity by her. Her cultural messaging will never feel the same and that sucks. History will also see how the cultural titans of their era kept quiet. 

I just wanted to get this out of my system. It almost feels like this silent during a genocide Beyoncé is not my B. 

I totally get where u come from, BUT:

 

Beyoncé is not treated like 99% of the celebs. 

- Flashback to Formation at the SB: Due to her speaking out againt police brutality in the video, entire police departments threatened to not protect her at the Superbowl. There have been threats by people who built up her stage to intentionally sabotage her stage so she dies.

- Bey has been accused of sextrafficking and all kinds of HORRID things by merely existing. Other people have been around Diddy, have met Trump, but NO ONE received the treatment shes received.

- Whenever she used her platform to celebrate Black Culture, shes received nothing but negativity ("shes not honest", "shes using Africa to paint a fake picture of herself", "if she truly cared, shed do xyz")

- her kids have been subject to mass online ridicule and hate 

 

I could go on and on, but there is a reason you dont get to see nor hear Bey on anything other than music ever since 2018. 

Bey speaking would solve nothing, it would do nothing, people would call her fake regardless and shed only be prone to crazies sending her and her family death threats.

Her silence does not mean harm nor negligiance, it means protecting her family, and judging by her history and the crazy treatment she received for doing NOTHING i dont blame her one bit.

We got our first happy birthday from a celeb!

 

44?  Number 44?  I can't believe it.  Amazing!



 

IToE9Y4cq-IdgAoA.jpg

9 hours ago, Calypso said:

Tomorrow is B's birthday and as a fan I wanna freely celebrate, appreciate and enjoy her tomorrow. But for that I need to get the following off my chest (hive please don't come for me). A part of me is hurt and deeply disappointed at B for not saying anything about the Genocide. It is not about what power celebs have or not, it is about a horrific moment in human history where our 'stars' capitulated into silence. So many big names have been speaking up from many corners, so it sucks to see B so quiet. As someone who since ST has been very deliberate about her platform and messaging, as someone who sees herself as more than a pop-star and sees herself as a cultural force, commentator and icon, it just puts such a damper on B for me. And thinking about how rock is presumably next as a genre - it feels like an even more missed opportunity by her. Her cultural messaging will never feel the same and that sucks. History will also see how the cultural titans of their era kept quiet. 

I just wanted to get this out of my system. It almost feels like this silent during a genocide Beyoncé is not my B. 

It wouldn't move the needle.  It would be the definition of virtue signaling.  If she wanted to divest from support of Israel or the US, that would have more impact.

 

 

i should've asked for a day off for Bey day.... the way i skipped school once for this :sabrina:

9 hours ago, suneclipse121 said:

Idk I just find it super cringe that in the face of something as serious as genocide the person that you have the highest expectations for is Beyoncé.:deadbanana4:

 

Not the politicians who have a direct hand in what's currently happening. Or the governments who are enabling the genocide.


But Beyoncé is supposed to put her personal safety and the safety of her family on the line just so people on X can still ***** about every little thing she does. People will tear anything she says apart. Get real. 
 

Beyoncé is political but she's extremely self aware of her politics and where her lane is. Just making statements for the sake of making statements is not who she is. Never has been. 

 

Other people made the mess in Palestine. They need to fix it. And it's none of Beyoncé's business. 


 

I got a lot of responses and i had said that I was just getting something off my chest, but yours is the most ridiculous of them all. Never have I said or insinuated that the highest expectation is from B. You have standom derangement syndrome... 

 

 

---

 

8 hours ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

I totally get where u come from, BUT:

 

Beyoncé is not treated like 99% of the celebs. 

- Flashback to Formation at the SB: Due to her speaking out againt police brutality in the video, entire police departments threatened to not protect her at the Superbowl. There have been threats by people who built up her stage to intentionally sabotage her stage so she dies.

- Bey has been accused of sextrafficking and all kinds of HORRID things by merely existing. Other people have been around Diddy, have met Trump, but NO ONE received the treatment shes received.

- Whenever she used her platform to celebrate Black Culture, shes received nothing but negativity ("shes not honest", "shes using Africa to paint a fake picture of herself", "if she truly cared, shed do xyz")

- her kids have been subject to mass online ridicule and hate 

 

I could go on and on, but there is a reason you dont get to see nor hear Bey on anything other than music ever since 2018. 

Bey speaking would solve nothing, it would do nothing, people would call her fake regardless and shed only be prone to crazies sending her and her family death threats.

Her silence does not mean harm nor negligiance, it means protecting her family, and judging by her history and the crazy treatment she received for doing NOTHING i dont blame her one bit.

I kinda understand and respect this take the most. I'm personally just very plugged into the world of journalism and news and it weighs heavy. It isn't about solving anything or how much she can move the needle, but I do agree that people would use it to harm her in every way possible because of how she is treated. Its unfortunate. 

happy-birthday-beyonce-keri-hilson-mad-stantwitter.gif

11 hours ago, Calypso said:

I got a lot of responses and i had said that I was just getting something off my chest, but yours is the most ridiculous of them all. Never have I said or insinuated that the highest expectation is from B. You have standom derangement syndrome... 

. 

I have standom derangement syndrome but you're the one claiming you're hurt and disappointed at Beyoncé for not speaking up on this particular issue. Bfr. :sabrina:
 

We need to stop expecting black women to solve every global crisis. Go bother Taylor Swift or something. 
 

Anyways HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEY!!!!

Edited by suneclipse121

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.