Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
The New Releases 💿

Beyoncé

This is part 1 of the Beyoncé discussion.

Featured Replies

1 hour ago, Dear Reader said:

I was shuffling my Bey playlist and Scared of Lonely came on, I forgot how much I adored it. 

Scared of Streaming was always a highlight on I am... Sasha Fierce.

  • Replies 143.5k
  • Views 7.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • It was the best concert of my life, bar none. Idc!    It was extraordinary, it was ineffable.  I knew I loved it based on the videos but I... Hey I don't know.    Best moment

  • SashaDevachelli
    SashaDevachelli

    I know this award is a joke but the point is, she has cemented herself in history with the likes of Whitney and Lauryn. And on top of that she won an award for a genre that completely ridiculed and ex

  • Potentially #1 in the US, UK and Canada in the same week   

2 hours ago, Dear Reader said:

I was shuffling my Bey playlist and Scared of Lonely came on, I forgot how much I adored it. 

 

This performance used to have such a chokehold on me :jonny5:

 

 

I Am… Yours is so underrated 

 

Another career highlight that B has decided to make it impossible for anyone to access 🤪

3 hours ago, Chris said:

People's obsession with streams is something so weird.

 

Like who in the real world even discusses streams?

I mean, its part of Pop culture and we are on a  Pop culture forum, so i guess that goes hand in hand.

I also totally see how these things are relevant to newer artists who have sth to prove (like Sabrina for instance).

What i dont get is Swifties obsession with it. I read how much shes pulling and it doesnt phase me because i know her numbers are crazy. Theres no value in that info anymore. Im more intrigued to discuss the output, but maybe thats where maturity kicks in for me now.

4 hours ago, CallumDavies said:

I Am… Yours is so underrated 

 

Another career highlight that B has decided to make it impossible for anyone to access 🤪

I had the audio for I am… Yours. It was the original 'Homecoming' for me where I listened to it so many times, I knew all the words and transitions. Still one of my favourite performances ever - the segment Sweet Dreams, DIL and Sweet Love on its own is insane and Beyoncé sounds incredible. 

6 hours ago, Chris said:

People's obsession with streams is something so weird.

 

Like who in the real world even discusses streams?

ATRLers only :gaycat2:

4 hours ago, CallumDavies said:

I Am… Yours is so underrated 

 

Another career highlight that B has decided to make it impossible for anyone to access 🤪

She needs to put it on her Spotify ASAP. I'd love to have it on my playlist 

23 hours ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

I cant wait to hear how shes going to segment act3 perfectly into groups of 4 again!

 

Rennie:

ITG - Cozy - AS 

CI - Energy - BMS - CG

POTS - VG - Move - Heated

Thique - AUIYM - AHAP - P/H - SR

 

CC:

AR - Blackbird - 16C - Protector - MR

THE - Bodyguard - Jolene - Daughter - AT 

JFF - 2MW - LJ - YaYa - DE

Riiverdance - 2H2H - Tyrant - SHB - Amen

 

Speaking of rankings (nnnnn), rank your fav vinyl side of each album!

21 hours ago, Godontop said:

Gonna be the same :rip:

I didn't mean musically.  I meant for her birthday celebration.

 

They had a giant party for Jay's 44th.

7 hours ago, Erotica said:

I had the audio for I am… Yours. It was the original 'Homecoming' for me where I listened to it so many times, I knew all the words and transitions. Still one of my favourite performances ever - the segment Sweet Dreams, DIL and Sweet Love on its own is insane and Beyoncé sounds incredible. 

Me too! I still have the CD. The case is in tatters I used it so much 

CECRED has what all brands want

 

Authentic, people led testimonials. 
 

I think it's her best bet at a strong global brand. She should go all in and focus. 

Just now, CallumDavies said:

CECRED has what all brands want

 

Authentic, people led testimonials. 
 

I think it's her best bet at a strong global brand. She should go all in and focus. 

I love the first Cecred range and im considering trying some of the new additions. The products feel extremely nice on the scalp, they feel and smell premium and my hair also seems to take it positively

  • ATRL Moderator
17 minutes ago, CallumDavies said:

CECRED has what all brands want

 

Authentic, people led testimonials. 
 

I think it's her best bet at a strong global brand. She should go all in and focus. 

i been saying since day 1 she can create an empire like fenty beauty w cecred. we dont have products that support melanin hair so this her best venture.

1 hour ago, Click Clack said:

 

 

ce022a5913fa24986fd9ef45f61fc5b0.jpg

 

 

 

your b at 37

This Britney Spears mess

Yesterday I rewatched OTR HBO film (reminded me how cool that tour was) and tonight I dreamt I was attending the premiere of a Bey x Jay soundtrack single for some movie, it was promoted as an academy award nominated song... It was pretty fire, with hard beats like N in Paris but with brooding strings all over it, they were both rapping but Bey was on the chorus and it had some sort of high note/whistle note at the end lol

 

BTW the narrative of a Jay/Bey song for an Oscar could kinda work not gonna lie

NRJ Music Awards 2004 - France

 

GEnqTeOXwAA2PLA.jpg:large

 

The fact that they were the IT girls 21 years ago and now she's the only one who had #1 Hits this decade...pretty impressive :jonny3:

And look at that BEAUTY 

Edited by Crayzik

40 minutes ago, Crayzik said:

NRJ Music Awards 2004 - France

 

GEnqTeOXwAA2PLA.jpg:large

 

The fact that they were the IT girls 21 years ago and now she's the only one who had #1 Hits this decade...pretty impressive :jonny3:

And look at that BEAUTY 

 

Why the one look like a hot dog covered in mayonnaise 

Also, we have been on page 5666 since Saturday...  

 

:rip:

 

 

I'm very salty at Breaking Dishes, a mediocre dated bop, by Rihanna soaring like that on streaming and All Night, a f*cking fantastic song, barely crossing 500K.

It's just beyond to me :psyduck:.

 

Is it a proof of Rihanna's streaming power or Bey's lack of? :rip:

I know this makes me delulu but I really do think we're getting some sort of communication from Team Bey on her birthday. Now I don't necessarily think it'll be anything more than an instagram life update, but considering she has a track record of acknowledging huge events (e.g. dropping Die With You on her wedding anniversary, creating a really special RWT bday show, etc.) and the fact this is her 44th, and the fact she still hasn't officially closed off Cowboy Carter / acknowledged the concert film, we could be in for something

12 minutes ago, alien superstore said:

I know this makes me delulu but I really do think we're getting some sort of communication from Team Bey on her birthday. Now I don't necessarily think it'll be anything more than an instagram life update, but considering she has a track record of acknowledging huge events (e.g. dropping Die With You on her wedding anniversary, creating a really special RWT bday show, etc.) and the fact this is her 44th, and the fact she still hasn't officially closed off Cowboy Carter / acknowledged the concert film, we could be in for something

i would love a Disney+ double feature, with CCT movie and RWT dropping on streaming on the same day or something

1 hour ago, Rafael said:

I'm very salty at Breaking Dishes, a mediocre dated bop, by Rihanna soaring like that on streaming and All Night, a f*cking fantastic song, barely crossing 500K.

It's just beyond to me :psyduck:.

 

Is it a proof of Rihanna's streaming power or Bey's lack of? :rip:

Popularity is all about perception.

WIthout a single ounce of question, Rihanna is more liked than Bey. It's just what it is. Whether it's fair or not doesn't matter. However that feeling of "liking" results in way more social acceptance of listening as well as publicly enjoying Rihanna songs. 

And lets not underestimate how Rihanna is way better received by straight males than Beyonce, who's music oftentimes reads very feminist compared to RiRis.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.