Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Beyoncé

This is part 1 of the Beyoncé discussion.

Featured Replies

Heated is crazy bc I'm a fem gay and can't write half as girly as Drake. He ate that single thing.

Edited by Ubermensch

  • Replies 143.5k
  • Views 7.2m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • It was the best concert of my life, bar none. Idc!    It was extraordinary, it was ineffable.  I knew I loved it based on the videos but I... Hey I don't know.    Best moment

  • SashaDevachelli
    SashaDevachelli

    I know this award is a joke but the point is, she has cemented herself in history with the likes of Whitney and Lauryn. And on top of that she won an award for a genre that completely ridiculed and ex

  • Potentially #1 in the US, UK and Canada in the same week   

4 hours ago, king_queen said:

I was thinking Pretty Hurts 

spacer.png

TikTok has been saying she will open with videophone.

 

spacer.png

Rock is exciting b/c there's so many subgenres stemming from it...we don't know where she may go with it

I love this interview so much :smitten: she said that she wanted to work with Raphael Saadiq and I'm glad it finally happened because they made magic together...hope he'll be on act iii too

 

 

I also think that she was a big Lauryn Hill fan because she mentioned her a lot in early interviews

Edited by Crayzik

6 hours ago, kimberly said:

I saw a Beyoncé hate video with 1.6M likes on Instagram, from a white man. he was comparing her to the Kardashians :deadbanana4: and then played a snippet of "OH LOUISIANA" interlude to "prove" Cowboy Carter is bad and not country.

 

I had 3 mutuals that had liked the video. I unfollowed them. :dies:

the way i just saw the same video, lowkey gagged at it having 23M views

 

 

and my ex-hookup liked it, i knew his ass was an opp :khalyan2:

I mean, she said it herself. The internet is full of experts with no expertise. 

 

:)

I don't even understand what's wrong with Oh Louisiana that makes it such a damaging proof. And Kardashians? Really? I really can't take people seriously. 

Beyoncé is the most polarizing female artist since Madonna. And it's such a feat because she really doesn't try to provoque at all. :rip:

That kind of power is a bit scary. 

I think Beyonce has stayed around way too long and people hate that about her. 

 

You have to understand that Beyonce had hate forums dedicated to her in 2001 already and she jut kept going and winning. They are pissed. 

1 hour ago, Titanbaddie said:

I think Beyonce has stayed around way too long and people hate that about her. 

 

You have to understand that Beyonce had hate forums dedicated to her in 2001 already and she jut kept going and winning. They are pissed. 

Yeah she was at her peak and most beloved when millennials ran the internet and worshipping Beyoncé wasn't cringe yet. Early mid 2010s. The culture has shifted considerably and Bey refuses to go anywhere so now she's a 40 year old black woman "taking up space" and I know that's why ppl who hated her in the shadows are so vocal now.

 

Calling her untalented and overrated are just buzz words now. She's defo the new Madonna 

So where do you think Bey stands with this Drake - Kendrick mess?  I mean she works with both of them, do you think there is bad blood with Drake now? 

 

Heated is that song

I find the Rock discourse so interesting because if she is doing it...it's gonna be Rock & Roll meets Prince meets Tina Turner meets Little Richard. That's the main Rock that sonically plugs into the "reclaiming Black genres" angle over the overall trilogy.

 

In terms of making it hot for 2000-and-now, I want something like this. Hell a sample or outright cover of:

 

 

An easy #1!

4 minutes ago, Lose My Breath said:

So where do you think Bey stands with this Drake - Kendrick mess?  I mean she works with both of them, do you think there is bad blood with Drake now? 

 

Heated is that song

Team Kendrick. 

 

The Carters clearly have a close relationship with him (even if, at the bare minimum, a close working relationship). 

 

I think Jay and Drake have had friction (IMO, probably competitively speaking) and it clearly spilled over into the Bey relationship or lack thereof. As for probably a solid decade both Bey and Drake were at the top of their respective games and we got nothing after Mine. Nothing. Drake's douchey/f-boy isms feel like more a recent-years thing versus anything Bey would have ought to steer clear of in the eras of Lemonade-Views through to just before Rennie. 

 

Now, I think it's more of a brand alignment. I'm sure they'd extend greetings to Drake at an award show, but even pre-Kendrick beef, his music became so a** and thrown out to just throw out that he stopped being premium to sit at their qualitative table for a collab to even feel beneficial for anything beyond a quick lil hit. 

I think her (presumptive) rock album will be a lot like her country album, it'll cover a lot, probably from Jimi Hendrix, to Prince, to Tina Turner, to 90s grunge, soft rock, alternative and incorporate her signature Beyonce vibe.  What is confusing though, are songs like Ya Ya, American Requiem, and Bodyguard - all check mark the rock box - so IF she's doing a rock album, do we expect it to be on the heavier side?

 

What we know is that ACT I and ACT II have both had a theme that centered on a genre, and expanded it with history lessons.  She dabbled with country throughout her career, as well as rock, and electronic dance music.  Both ACT I and ACT II were probably pretty out of her comfort zone at times, so I expect ACT III will be as well. 

 

She has very apparently hinted since the beginning in Vogue about rock, and has continued to hint at it with various photoshoots and looks.  The only thing that threw me off was the few looks late summer last year that kind of had a more 60-70s diva vibe to them - but was that still in reference to CC?  Idk. 

Giving lemons a listen and dear I say 6 inch is arguably Beyoncés best outro? 

Thinking about her tracks, she really has used a lot of rock influence in her music

 

Speechless

Suga Mama

Greenlight

Pretty much all of the I Am side (soft rock)

Why Don't You Love Me

Forever To Bleed

1+1

I Care

Rather Die Young

Never Gonna Love Again

Don't Hurt Yourself

Freedom

All Up In Your Mind (plays with alternative/grunge)

CC lol

 

 

I'm sure there are more,

1 hour ago, Lose My Breath said:

So where do you think Bey stands with this Drake - Kendrick mess?  I mean she works with both of them, do you think there is bad blood with Drake now? 

 

Heated is that song

I think it's not her business and she  doesn't take side. She doesn't have to. 

She can like Kendrick without being anti Drake. 

 

14 hours ago, Pepo said:

WDYLM was the craziest thing she has ever done to this day. The mamas were shook

 

 

Watching this video and then thinking of how she gets compared  to the likes of Taylor Swift got me upset.

FYI, new Atlanta date announced, and ticket prices have been reduced pretty much everywhere (even shows with only a few seats left)

1 minute ago, Lose My Breath said:

FYI, new Atlanta date announced, and ticket prices have been reduced pretty much everywhere (even shows with only a few seats left)

That is the idea. Dynamic pricing works really well for intial dates that way she makes A LOOTTTT of money up front. That is why her gross will be insane this time around.

Just now, Kingdom said:

That is the idea. Dynamic pricing works really well for intial dates that way she makes A LOOTTTT of money up front. That is why her gross will be insane this time around.

I'm sticking by my 500 million estimate

5 minutes ago, Lose My Breath said:

I'm sticking by my 500 million estimate

She is definitely doing something with vegas

Imagine if she took this tour WW...  That gross would be insane

I think rock is such a natural suit for Bey but just like Renny I think she has so many potential sounds she could do. I would live for a 90s grunge/alt rock moment the most as that's my favourite rock but her cover of You Oughta Know back when made me want a real Alanis vibe too. I expect old style rock and roll too but I'd love some curveballs too.
 

All in all I'd argue dance and rock have so many more subgenres than country that even though CC did tread ground with its Fleetwood Mac folky moment and pop country, I'm much more interested in all the potential for rock. Not to mention a big power ballad stadium filler type rock anthem that would suit her voice. The sky is really the limit and I think rock is a lot closer to pop than a lot of exclusive pop listeners realise. It's bound to be more popular with her ATRL casual listeners lol. 
 

I can't wait for tour videos but I will be impatiently waiting for Act 3 for the foreseeable. I'm seeing Green Day live on Friday and still trying to get Oasis resale tickets so I'm deep in my rock era right now and I neeeeeed to hear Bey's take. 

Edited by Doogle

10 hours ago, Devin said:

act iii being rock seems expected but unrealistic.

It's actually all but confirmed.

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.