Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Ariana Grande

Featured Replies

37 minutes ago, Aristocrat said:

I feel like all signs point to Wicked being a moderate success because of all the things you mentioned. However, if it goes the distance to be a true mega smash will depend on the quality. I think this movie will live or die by the reviews and the Rotten Tomatoes score. The hardcore Wicked fans, musical theater fans, Ariana Grande fans, etc will see it no matter what and I think it will have a successful opening weekend. But beyond that, it will be competing with Moana during its theatrical run throughout the holiday season, which I think could hurt it in the long run since they share a similar audience. But if the reviews and scores are stellar, I think that will help it become a long term box office hit. I'm predicting somewhere in the $500-600M box office gross when it's all said and done for part one. I think in another world without Moana competition it could've gone the distance and maybe even been a $1B moment, but perhaps with the two movies combined they'll total over $1B. 

Sounds like it could be at least a solid success and hope you're right. As long as it's successful, makes a decent profit to justify a part 2 in a year, and gets good enough reviews - that's a win in my book. I think Wicked's core audience being adults and teens will lessen the blow of Moana opening the week after. I know Moana is a huge IP for Disney and is one of their most popular movies on Disney+ (first movie did $687M at the box office too), but does it appeal to adults like Frozen did? I'm not a Disney girlie so idk lol. It will definitely take a good chunk of the "families taking their under 10 children to the movies" audience though. 

 

Another positive development is Universal hired Jonathan Bailey to star in their next Jurassic World movie. Same with Jon M. Chu being chosen by Universal to direct the highly anticipated Britney Spears biopic. Shows the studio is optimistic about the movie's quality and potential if they are re-hiring some of the talent for their other blockbuster projects in development. I'm cautiously optimistic about Wicked and as you said it all depends on the reviews and audience score.  

Edited by Tm4074

  • Replies 4.9k
  • Views 332k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • You're entitled to your feelings and venting, this is a safe space  but I also want to address a few things because while I agree with some of the things you said, I think there is also room for nuanc

  • we need blackiana back BADLY

  • ariananext
    ariananext

    I couldn't care less about her personal life - just like I didn't care about Dalton at all, however all of this, if true, does feel a bit weird considering the way she's portrayed herself in the past

24 minutes ago, Tm4074 said:

Sounds like it could be at least a solid success and hope you're right. As long as it's successful, makes a decent profit to justify a part 2 in a year, and gets good enough reviews - that's a win in my book. I think Wicked's core audience being adults and teens will lessen the blow of Moana opening the week after. I know Moana is a huge IP for Disney and is one of their most popular movies on Disney+ (first movie did $687M at the box office too), but does it appeal to adults like Frozen did? I'm not a Disney girlie so idk lol. It will definitely take a good chunk of the "families taking their under 10 children to the movies" audience though. 

 

Another positive development is Universal hired Jonathan Bailey to star in their next Jurassic World movie. Same with Jon M. Chu being chosen by Universal to direct the highly anticipated Britney Spears biopic. Shows the studio is optimistic about the movie's quality and potential if they are re-hiring some of the talent for their other blockbuster projects in development. I'm cautiously optimistic about Wicked and as you said it all depends on the reviews and audience score.  

I'm very hopeful it'll do well! I also think they should really push the soundtrack because with two phenomenal vocalists leading it, the music alone could bring in a lot of people who may not have had interest to go see the movie alone. 

 

I think Universal clearly has a lot of faith in these movies and wants them to do well. They've owned the rights to Wicked since the late 90s and started developing it as a film way back then, before it was even on Broadway. And over the past two decades it almost happened countless times with different directors attached from JJ Abrams to Ryan Murphy (thank god that didn't happen). So they clearly want this to be something massive and I think they're going to pull out every stop to try and make that happen. The merch and big brand collabs are proof of that already. 

It should've been Apple or Talk talk ffs Charli!

 

spacer.png
 

Edit: I just realized I've been mixing up Sympathy is a knife and I might say something stupid and so I thought Ari was gonna be on the ballad song and that's why I was pissed lmfao nvm still wanted it to be Apple or Talk talk but SIAK is okay as well  :eddie:

Edited by Bewitched

I'm so excited for Wicked, feels like yesterday when I thought "it's gonna take a lifetime to come out" when she was announced as Glinda!

This week is exciting again. We have the Charli collab on Friday and then SNL the day after. :duca:

 

I listened to the song she is featured in (Sympathy is a knife) and it's not really my cup of tea (well I don't listen to alt pop in general), but I'm excited to hear what Ariana is going to bring to the song and it's always nice when she's switching genres every now and then for a collaboration or feature. The good thing is that the album will be out at midnight (according to her Spotify countdown) for us Europeans, so we don't have to wait till the morning to listen to it. 

I listened to Sympathy is a knife (again) and it's nice, it didn't click with me when I listened to the album but the chorus is quite catchy. Also, it's a brand new sound for her so I'm intrigued to hear her voice on it (I hope there will be a lot of harmonies / vocal layers).

the Charli collbr is exciting and her jumping in on a hyper pop record shows she has regained her passion for her pop world  & trying brand new things

Edited by MaxMartin

  • Author
40 minutes ago, Devin said:

charli remix is interesting but at least its new music.

we need blackiana back BADLY

  • ATRL Moderator
7 minutes ago, R.E.M. said:

we need blackiana back BADLY

like deadass!

10 minutes ago, R.E.M. said:

we need blackiana back BADLY

I think this was the last time we saw her before she fully transitioned into Glindariana :'(

 

 

 

19 minutes ago, Zaynsus said:

I think this was the last time we saw her before she fully transitioned into Glindariana :'(

 

 

 

She needs to bring this hair back!

19 minutes ago, Bewitched said:

She needs to bring this hair back!

I want an era with her natural curly hair (and face) :weeps:

 

OVWn6wytr8R4_Wmx2YBDYXsM56sXkqG_MGaBAFW8VME.jpg?auto=webp&s=8ba0cda0bf530146b507b1efeee26076b1c68eba

  • Author
1 hour ago, Zaynsus said:

I think this was the last time we saw her before she fully transitioned into Glindariana :'(

 

 

 

her lightskin baddie era was everything to me

 

we need a glinda exorcism ASAP

5 hours ago, R.E.M. said:

her lightskin baddie era was everything to me

 

we need a glinda exorcism ASAP

One more year sis! I pray the spray tan, dark hair and eyebrows come back after November 2025.

 

AG8 will have Timbaland, London and Babyface (for the ballads) on boat. Summer, Queen Naija, Mariah and Tinashe will all be featured on it. 

 

Ritual GIFs | Tenor

 

 

 

 

Not yall wanting her career to be over. Twitter & TikTok will be worse than the 2018/2019 and homewreckiana eras.

 

:clack:

  • Author
7 hours ago, genio said:

One more year sis! I pray the spray tan, dark hair and eyebrows come back after November 2025.

 

AG8 will have Timbaland, London and Babyface (for the ballads) on boat. Summer, Queen Naija, Mariah and Tinashe will all be featured on it. 

 

Ritual GIFs | Tenor

 

 

 

 

Summer and London on the same album oh ur messy

  • Author
8 minutes ago, Devin said:

like when is the tour coming… :rip:

between Wicked 1 and 2 :jonnykin:

  • ATRL Moderator
24 minutes ago, R.E.M. said:

between Wicked 1 and 2 :jonnykin:

like we pushin 6 years. wild how shes one of the few artists who didn't join the touring hype train to make extra $$$.

 

:gaycat6:

On 9/3/2024 at 1:28 PM, laqqinq said:

 

Queens

Mothers and their daughter! Yes, Sabrina has two mothers and you are homophobic if you disagree!

 

also glad to see this thread being a little bit active!

Edited by Matchatea

Yeah I think she's touring march to september or something like that

7 minutes ago, ariananext said:

Yeah I think she's touring march to september or something like that

It should be announced anytime now if it's starting in March tbh. Assuming Wicked is a success and does well in the awards season, then she will be busy until the Oscars are over (March 3rd). Then she'll have to rehearse for the tour. I'm guessing May.

 

And if Wicked pulls a Joker then she'll be free by January

brat is my aoty because i have taste and ariana has NEEDED to do non-max martin/tommy production over six years :cm: it will be the gag of the century IDGAF!!!

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.