ChartMasters CSPC Discussion

Eternium

Overall what though? Album sales? Singles sales? Album and single sales, because everybody in this list number should be higher than that! 

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eternium

• Anticipating

• Yog

• slw84

Elvis worldwide album sales are not easy to know but he’s number 3 in the US with 146,5 milllion albums units sold. My guess is that he would be second to The Beatles in worldwide sales

• The mathematical expected sales value of these 101 packages is 139,5 million
  • Presley has a further 7,5 million sales of EPs certified that fall under the albums all-time list of the RIAA, bringing his units tally to 146,5 million

54 minutes ago, Liberdade mi amor said:

That’s neither a logical approach nor a mathematical one. 

990M of a 20$ album much huger than a 1.3 billion peak of 1,99$ singles.

So the albums’ peak is like five times the singles’ peak.

Not that you can compare them, but if you could the album peak is ginormous.

First of all, you cannot compare revenue. 

Second of all, my point was indeed off. 

The real point is:

how the average singles sales in the 1980s was at around 550 million per year and 400 million in 1990s, but over 2 billion between 2004-2014.

The digital revolution increased singles sales by 400%. So singles sales must be massively re-adjusted.

Digital singles sales are still bigger on a yearly basis today than during any point in the 1990s. 

Edited by stevyy

I find Britney, Rihanna and Beyonce's hard to believe. Is this including streaming?

I need a damn breakdown.

1 hour ago, .::Andreita::. said:

33. Britney Spears  100,827,000 (as of Feb 2018)

:clap3:

Just now, FreeXone said:

I find Britney, Rihanna and Beyonce's hard to believe. Is this including streaming?

I need a damn breakdown.

yes, streaming is included.

53 minutes ago, chiliam said:

Of all the acts debut after 2005, when albums starting to die. Only Adele can compete with this method.

Its cool thats Taylor is still in top 50 though.

Agreed. How are they tallying this? I am confused. What is CPSC or whatever.

7 minutes ago, stevyy said:

yes, streaming is included.

Even with streaming....how the hell is circus at like 8 million albums and femme fatale at like 7 million. Britney Jean at over a 1.5 million? The ****.

7 minutes ago, stevyy said:

Just now, FreeXone said:

Agreed. How are they tallying this? I am confused. What is CPSC or whatever.

Read the page

chartmasters.org

Britney being the highest pop girl from the 2000s. She really is a legend :worship2: Selena Gomez being on this list. A music icon indeed :clap3: 

Edited by Reza

No AKB, No Utada, no B'z. Inaccurate list.

1 hour ago, Timber said:

Beyoncé gets a penalty for being Beyoncé on ATRL. 

This is the same guy that said The Carters doesnt count toward Beyonce but adds DCs stats to her.

Smh.

This list is serving taste. :clap3:

I see Madonna, Janet, Queen, Fleetwood Mac, Bruce Springsteen, Spice Girls, Simon & Garfunkel...

That being said, it's not accurate. Mylène Farmer has sold over 30 million albums and she's not on the list.

Edited by The7thStranger

Britney higher than every popgirl except the Queen :jonny5:

57 minutes ago, Aerosol said:

Nope. If anything, older acts are at a disadvantage when viewing these stats because people actually had to leave the house to support them rather than just pushing a button on their phone.

:ace:

if this were true, album sales would have increased instead of declining year by year since 2003.

Edited by Jay-Zicario

This is just US right? But even if it is, it feels like a huge chunk of sales are missing from a lot of artists. What is this mess chartmasters :rip:

This is just mainstream aritsts. Bjork sold over 20M albums, where is she?

Yes, the 6th highest female of all-time and the last one to break the 100M equivalents barrier :jonny:

45 minutes ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

Britney higher than every popgirl except the Queen :jonny5:

Mariah, Celine, Barbra, Enya? 

28 minutes ago, Ghiles said:

Yes, the 6th highest female of all-time and the last one to break the 100M equivalents barrier :jonny:

How far is she in pure sales?, i’m just curious. I hope her team finally do something right and recertify her discography in the 20th anniversary. :jonny5: 

17 minutes ago, Trash said:

How far is she in pure sales?, i’m just curious. I hope her team finally do something right and recertify her discography in the 20th anniversary. :jonny5: 

She is at 76,380,000 in pure album sales, doubt she will ever break 100m, or anyone else for that matter, except maybe Enya who is really close.

Edited by iC0NIC

Oh wow oh wow @ the girls leading the new generation of MAIN pop girls making the list and being STILL SO YOUNG :jonny:

Miley, Ariana, Selena & Demi DID THAT :alexz: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.