Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Signs someone is into you?

Featured Replies

What are some subtle signs that someone is into you?

I'm getting weird signals from a gay coworker because he's very reserved, but recently he's been talking and opening up with everyone but me. I made attempts to be warm and make him feel comfortable before... to no effect, apparently. I made sure I wasn't overwhelming because it has come to my attention that he once said that I single him out and don't loop him in- which isn't true at all so I don't know where this came from.

Some people tell me this is textbook behavior: because he likes me, he avoids me. But he does absolutely nothing to get my attention, does not engage with me at all, and he allegedly got into a relationship recently so I don't know I'm so confused.

Edited by Spicy Pisces

It sounds like he hates you tbh. Some gays have a weird thing about gay colleagues and just hate them for existing idk

If they avoid eye contact with you when you speak to them (and they're good at holding it with other people) that can be a sign they're into you.

There are no signs tbh. Like I was sure so many men were into me and were not. And the reverse. The only sign is that they do/say something blatant

If he’s avoiding you, hang it up. He either doesn’t like you or is a walking red flag.

Healthy signs that someone likes you (aside from the only way to know for sure is to ask…) is when they pay attention, respect you, and make you feel important and interesting. Don’t give attention to people who ignore you.

Find out their birthday and birth time and I'll get right back to you sis

Don't pursue anything with a gay coworker, like ever.

I had a similar situation at my last job. The guy was 4-5 years younger than me and he was already working there when I first started. Clocked that he's a gay immediately and I thought he's cool cause he had a nice fashion sense and listened to the same music as me pretty much. He wasn't cute nor my type and I was not about to pursue anything with somebody from my team (although I have done that with other gays from the project and a team lead pancake). Anyway, our dynamic was really off which I found weird because we haven't even talked AT ALL so like?? Where was all this stemming from? I thought he might find me too intimidating because I'm an older and a more experienced gay but I digress.

He had behaviour issues from what I could tell because he was always involved in a conflict with the others and barely communicated, even for work-related stuff which pissed off everybody.

  • Author
29 minutes ago, Aston Martin said:

If they avoid eye contact with you when you speak to them (and they're good at holding it with other people) that can be a sign they're into you.

We never had conversations long enough for me to notice but I'll try

  • ATRL Moderator

If they unlock their album for you

  • Author
21 minutes ago, Pendulum said:

Don't pursue anything with a gay coworker, like ever.

I had a similar situation at my last job. The guy was 4-5 years younger than me and he was already working there when I first started. Clocked that he's a gay immediately and I thought he's cool cause he had a nice fashion sense and listened to the same music as me pretty much. He wasn't cute nor my type and I was not about to pursue anything with somebody from my team (although I have done that with other gays from the project and a team lead pancake). Anyway, our dynamic was really off which I found weird because we haven't even talked AT ALL so like?? Where was all this stemming from? I thought he might find me too intimidating because I'm an older and a more experienced gay but I digress.

He had behaviour issues from what I could tell because he was always involved in a conflict with the others and barely communicated, even for work-related stuff which pissed off everybody.

9 minutes ago, Toxic Love said:

Co-worker: avoids you at all costs

OP:

That's the thing, I don't even like him nor is he my type. He's cordial and nice only when prompted. When not, he keeps a distance. He's about 15 years older than me too so I don't get it. These weird signals get in my head and my dramatic gay ass has to wonder redface

2 hours ago, Spicy Pisces said:

because he likes me, he avoids me.

rip

yeah he likely sense that's exactly what you're thinking

so best you keep distance esp in the workplace

Ask if they play Sims 4, chances are they are woohooing with you there

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.