Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

How much time do you dedicate to physical activity per week?

Featured Replies

I just read that adults should dedicate 300 minutes per week to physical activity, that's 5 hours! :deadbanana:  I dedicate like 3-4 hours and it feels like too much already lol

  • Replies 40
  • Views 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I do about 8 hours due to my physical therapy + my own routine. Re-learning how to walk has been a journey. 

  • around 24 hours per week. I work out 4-5 days a week and I also volunteer in a gym so 9 times out of 10 I'll do 2 workouts a day on top of the physical activity that I have to do in the gym. (One at 6

  • Best wishes to you 

5 hours is a lot? That's an hour dog walk once a day for 5 days or like one day hike in the mountains.

 

I definitely am not being morally superior because this year I've gone from otter towards a dad bod. It's been an off year for me due to various things both in and out of my control.

Where did you read that? From what I know, 1.5 hours of physical activity (e.g., jogging, cycling, etc) is recommended per week.

 

I live in The Netherlands so just from cycling alone I do 2 hours of physical activity per week. I also take several sport courses and walk a lot so I think I easily do over 5 hours.  

4 times a week at the gym + my morning walks on weekends = 7+ hours.

 

I always end up eating too much, so I try to exercise when I can

5 hours isn't that much actually. 
 

I walk 2-3 miles a day. The bare minimum but it helps with my mental health.

30 minutes of treadmill/run everyday that's it :rip: 

 

 

 

Edited by MonsterNavy

  • ATRL Administrator

I do about 8 hours due to my physical therapy + my own routine. Re-learning how to walk has been a journey. 

around 24 hours per week. I work out 4-5 days a week and I also volunteer in a gym so 9 times out of 10 I'll do 2 workouts a day on top of the physical activity that I have to do in the gym. (One at 6 am and one at 4pm.) 

Like less than an hour per week. (I have no work-life balance becuz of my job) :skull:

6 minutes ago, Ryan said:

I do about 8 hours due to my physical therapy + my own routine. Re-learning how to walk has been a journey. 

Best wishes to you :heart:

I go to the gym about 3-4 times a week, so I'd say it's about 6-7 hours in total for me :michael:

I think I'd have the energy to do more but just cannot find the time while also balancing work and personal life

Usually go to the gym or take a workout class twice a week for about an hour and then do a 8-9 mile run twice a week (around 1.5 hr each)

I usually go for walks/ride my bike 1 hour a day during the week and then do an hour of yoga on sundays. Saturdays are my lazy days :bird:

Going on walks, jogging, HIIT, cardio, dancing (the last 3 thanks to Apple fitness+ :eli:) I do like 1.5 h per day, but not every day, I work + go to school.

Covid-19 took a toll on me and I've been trying to lose the extra weight since then 

Edited by Zeferino

Used to be like 100 minutes

 

but now it's 0 :dies: 

 

 I will exercise today thanks to this thread :thing:

I have very mild cerebral palsy, so as a result I walk 60 - 90 minutes every morning, and sometimes in the evening too, and have done for years.  It's something I have to do because I'm sat down all day for work, so I wouldn't exercise at all otherwise. And fortunately, I love it with a passion. I also try and do weights three times a week to varying degrees of success, given my right side is much weaker than my left.

Edited by C_Colstead

Sis someone lied to you, the true expectation is 150 minutes per week.

I do more though. GYM 4 times a week and power walking on off days.

I walk/jog for 1 hour every morning + I currently go to the gym for 2 hours three times per week, so I'd say around 13 hours on a normal week.

I go to the gym four to five times a day a year now, it's a genuine interest of mine. It's helped me with my sleep schedule, made me start eating much better, reduces anxiety on overwhelming days. I can't believe how much I've come to love it. 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.