Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Will Sky Ferreira ever make a comeback?

Will Sky Ferreira ever come back? 51 members have voted

  1. 1. Will Sky Ferreira ever come back?

    • Sure, gradma! Masochism 2025!!! ⛓️
      33%
      17
    • Nah, I gave up... 😅
      66%
      34

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 08/10/24 at 02:25 AM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 31
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • RideOrDie
    RideOrDie

    no, we left the untalented, insufferable, unprofessional narcissist with the victim complex in the last decade where she belongs 

  • shookspeare
    shookspeare

    I honestly do think she will release a second album at some point but by that time no one will care anymore to check for it

  • never but she will be a legend for it

Will she have a comeback, I say yes. Will that comeback be successful, almost certainly not

I honestly do think she will release a second album at some point but by that time no one will care anymore to check for it

At this point, she is the only one in her own way. So, it's up to her

I still don't understand whether or not she has truly left Capital, but if she has, I'm guessing she doesn't own any of the material any more. She should just put out a cute covers album of 80's songs, leak Masochism under a VPN, and start SF3 era with whatever is left of her dignity

No. I honestly foresee her being the subject of a tragic news story. 

The Fed needs to do some funny things and let the inflation hit 

Nope. She's also upset a lot of her die hard fans for acting messy at her shows recently. 

I could see her music having a Kate Bush/RUTH moment, and I do believe she will release more music, but it's probably going to be like one song every five years. 

hasn't she attempted and failed multiple times over the past few years?

If Sky got with the right producers and cleaned her act up, she could actually make a successful comeback. Sky has the vocals, the image and the abilities but not the confidence or resilience it takes to make it commercially & successfully. She is her own worst enemy at the end of the day and it's rather unfortunate.

Sky is one of those artists who everyone in the scene checks out when they release, even tho she doesn't have the biggest fanbase. All of the alt gays and girlies know who she is and if she were to release a second record that really shines, she could definitely have a good comeback. The problem lies in actually putting out the record. She's her own worst enemy at this point, I think every single day that goes by that she doesn't release the album is worse for her mentally because taking a very long time to release new stuff is reserved for those artists who release masterpieces, ex: Fiona Apple, MBV, Frank Ocean, etc... The pressure to put something out that she's proud of and that is cutting edge only keeps growing as the years go by and she's probably extremely anxious about any release. If she had put something out 2 or 3 years ago and it flopped, she could've had a good bounce back by now with a third record, but the fact that she decided not to after downhill lullaby and don't forget is worrying. If she releases a second album (which is still possible in my book), the expectations for it are going to be very high and she for sure knows that. If I were her right now, I would probably release something like an EP or a Mixtape in order to put material out there, but not have to fully commit to the label of Album which usually pressures an artist, but it at least appeases the fans and also lets her see the reception of the stuff she's been working on. It's up to her to release material, which I know she does have, but the mental hurdle she's in is the one she must get over.

All these "she's her worst enemy comments" :deadbanana2: So ATRLers don't believe she was fücked over by her label despite Sky herself saying it a thousand times. Okay. Lol.

 

I guess y'all also think she's on drugs too just because she saw herself involved in some mess 11 years ago for having a silly boyfriend when she has hinted several times she's ill cause she has an autoimmune condition.

Edited by ChooseyLover

1 minute ago, ChooseyLover said:

All these "she's her worst enemy comments" :deadbanana2: So ATRLers don't believe she was fücked over by her label despite Sky herself saying it a thousand times. Okay. Lol.

I mean, of course she was f*cked over by them, but that doesn't change the fact that she can still release independently if she really wants to get her stuff out there. I literally love her and have stanned her for almost a decade now, let's be real, she's sorta self sabotaging at this point. Her label was super sh*tty, but other artists who've had problems with their labels also eventually just kinda release on their own.

5 minutes ago, Sawk said:

I mean, of course she was f*cked over by them, but that doesn't change the fact that she can still release independently if she really wants to get her stuff out there. I literally love her and have stanned her for almost a decade now, let's be real, she's sorta self sabotaging at this point. Her label was super sh*tty, but other artists who've had problems with their labels also eventually just kinda release on their own.

She just got freed this year and has been touring internationally. I truly believe music is her life. But it's been lowkey confirmed she can't put out Masochism because Capitol owns her music though. I believe she's trying to fund studio sessions and waiting for the moment to have all the material ready to start a proper rollout after so many false starts.

 

I wish people weren't so hard on her. 

Edited by ChooseyLover

speaking of her, was that actually her in the Guess music video??

no, we left the untalented, insufferable, unprofessional narcissist with the victim complex in the last decade where she belongs 

I bought the cd for night time my time off of hype alone (and gorgeous cover, beautiful cover) back when it came out and yet never have I ever gotten around to actually listening to it. Maybe I should & then I could more informed opinion on her and contribute smth meaningful to this thread :sherlock: 

 

Spoiler

Also now I am reminded of cross you out and how overrated charli's self titled is as a whole but at least they will always have grins

 

 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.