Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Thoughts on Madonna's The Immaculate Collection..?

Featured Replies

Madonna's best selling album and the best selling compilation album by a solo artist ever

 

Do you actually prefer the remixes here over the originals? Or do you not use it at all?

 

8867786]&call=url[file:product.chain]

  • Replies 44
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • why are we still talking about musical artists born in the 19th century.... literally no one i know listens to madonna 

  • It doesn't impress me.

  • SleepNoMore
    SleepNoMore

    Probably the best album of all time. Every song is a classic and the hit songs she left off would have made yet another classic greatest hits album. And to think she hadn't even released Ray of Light

It's a good collection but there's no Dress You Up which was the wrong decision.

 

Interesting advert in the op though and photo which I don't recall seeing before. I love seeing the adverts she had back then.

It's aptly named. It's really a collection of bonafide HITS. I don't know that we'll see something like that again, especially since GH aren't even a thing anymore.

Edited by Life Savers

Come to think of it, this was an actual Keeps Getting Better scenario since the 90s all the way up to COADF was when she peaked creatively.

I think it's one of the best albums of all time. The photoshoot for the album is amazing, the remixes are great, the two new songs are some of her best, and the 15 hits selected were the correct choices. I personally prefer Who's That Girl and Dress You Up over the majority of hits selected, but when you're an artist as big as Madonna, only the essentials should be included and she chose the right songs. Causing a Commotion has to be one of my favorite Madonna songs, but would I call it essential? No. I just think they should have waited one year until they released it and pushed a third I'm Breathless single. The timing would have lined up and they could've promoted The Immaculate Collection alongside Truth or Dare. 

 

 

I think this and ABBA Gold are the best greatest hits albums of all time. All killer, no filler, a must-have for any pop music fan.

 

I like the remixes better than the original album versions, especially "Like a Prayer" and "Express Yourself".

 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Iconic.

 

Legendary.

 

Innovative.

 

Ground-breaking.

 

Artistic.

 

Gay.

 

Faggy.

 

:alexz:

Insane that she left off so many top 10s from the compilation, hell, even a No.1 :skull:

17 minutes ago, UseYourIllusion2002 said:

I think it's one of the best albums of all time. The photoshoot for the album is amazing, the remixes are great, the two new songs are some of her best, and the 15 hits selected were the correct choices. I personally prefer Who's That Girl and Dress You Up over the majority of hits selected, but when you're an artist as big as Madonna, only the essentials should be included and she chose the right songs. Causing a Commotion has to be one of my favorite Madonna songs, but would I call it essential? No. I just think they should have waited one year until they released it and pushed a third I'm Breathless single. The timing would have lined up and they could've promoted The Immaculate Collection alongside Truth or Dare. 

The sheer amount of hits she scored in 7 years is insane :deadbanana: she could've released a 2 CD compilation.

 

#5 Angel

#5 Dress You Up

#4 Gambler (U.K.)

#3 True Blue

#1 Who's That Girl

#2 Causing A Commotion

#9 The Look Of Love (U.K)

#5 Dear Jessie (U.K)

#8 Keep It Together

#10 Hanky Panky

The Express Yourself and Like a Prayer versions are SO much better than the originals. The album is truly immaculate and her best songs.
 

Dress You Up and Causing a Commotion were amazing too and should have been included but it's a great introduction to Madonna and the album that got me into her

It's Immaculate indeed, sans the omission of "Angel" and "Dress You Up". 

Edited by HarajukuPrincess

16 minutes ago, Alongoria13 said:

Insane that she left off so many top 10s from the compilation, hell, even a No.1 :skull:

She was just too powerful :jonny2: even GHV2 has it's omissions, even though she was a "flop" in the 90s

 

This Used to be My Playground - #1

Rain = #14

I'll Remember - #2 (four weeks)

You'll See - #8

You Must Love Me - #18

Another Suitcase in Another Hall - #7 (U.K.)

American Pie - #29 (even though it wasn't released as a single)

Edited by UseYourIllusion2002

The 80s are Madonna at her very best. She had fire, she had hunger, she served sex, she served ART, she served pop! Literally untoppable. This is the very best female album in my opinion. All killer, no filler.

32 minutes ago, UseYourIllusion2002 said:

She was just too powerful :jonny2: even GHV2 has it's omissions, even though she was a "flop" in the 90s

 

This Used to be My Playground - #1

Rain = #14

I'll Remember - #2 (four weeks)

You'll See - #8

You Must Love Me - #18

Another Suitcase in Another Hall - #7 (U.K.)

American Pie - #29 (even though it wasn't released as a single)

Leaving off American Pie was so crazy. It was a worldwide #1. I'll Remember deserved to be on there too. It's so good

No other artist could release an album like this after 6 years in the industry and 4 studio albums. Every track an iconic smash hit, no filler (except Cherish). Design of a Decade indeed.

If I had one album I could listen to for the rest of my life, it might be this. It's truly immaculate and shaped my love for music :jonny2:

The most listened to album on my Apple Music history. Wish digital version was exactly like physical copy. Lucky Star digital version seems to go on forever. 

Immaculate :jonnycat: the name of the record alone being a religious pun on her namesake… ugh so perfect 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.