Thoughts on Madonna's The Immaculate Collection..?

Da Vinci

Probably the best album of all time. Every song is a classic and the hit songs she left off would have made yet another classic greatest hits album. And to think she hadn't even released Ray of Light of COADF yet. So many imperial eras. Truly the indisputable queen of pop.

• Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Nightingale said:

Leaving off American Pie was so crazy. It was a worldwide #1. 

she wanted to ""punish"" it sans her label forced it as a bonus track on music ig 

Posted (edited)

TIC changed my life (and I'm being dead serious), and it used to live in my tape deck.

But I'd probably have left off the new songs for Dress You Up and Causing a Commotion.

I get why True Blue (a song about her love for Sean) and WTG (theme from a panned movie that sounds a lot like the far superior La Isla Bonita) were left off. Angel she ignored after the end of the Virgin Tour until just recently, so I don't think she was a big fan of it for whatever reason. Dress You Up might have been left off because it wasn't as iconic as the other Like a Virgin-era hits, and it would have netted her zero songwriting royalities. As for CaC, I'm guessing it's because it was often compared to Into the Groove.

Interestingly, nobody ever talks about The Holiday Collection...

LmpwZWc.jpeg

2 hours ago, Janet said:

Celebration >>

Celebration is a mess, though. The running order is awkward, the edits have errors in them, it's still missing hits. Even the artwork uses images with watermarks on them. :deadbanana2:

Edited by The7thStranger
  • Thanks 1

why are we still talking about musical artists born in the 19th century.... literally no one i know listens to madonna 

• Thumbs Down 5

Posted (edited)

Who's That Girl should have replaced Rescue Me

Rescue Me wasn't needed

Edited by slobro
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

it's the first madonna record i had and the way that i know these songs so i have a soft spot for it, but some of the remixes are not great (express yrself esp is really not the best version of all it can be) and missing off angel, dress you up and true blue really sucks

It is perfect. 

2 hours ago, shimind said:

why are we still talking about musical artists born in the 19th century.... literally no one i know listens to madonna 

How many people do you know? 4?

• Thanks 1

The Greatest Hits... So Far! for boomers :WAP:

The best greatest hits album of all time 

rescue me is the best track, there ive said it

yes-yeah.gif

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TSwiftie said:

The Greatest Hits... So Far! for boomers :WAP:

It was only released 33 years ago, so not exactly for boomers. Maybe learn math or history.

17 hours ago, TROJAN said:

It doesn't impress me.

Good pig that'd probably be a bad thing if it did :ahh:

It's aptly titled! :worship:

The fact that she was just 7 years into her career, yet managed to fill an entire CD with hit singles, whilst still managing to omit a further two UK number ones, six Top 5 singles and one Top 10 hit! :worship2:

8 minutes ago, UseYourIllusion2002 said:

Good pig that'd probably be a bad thing if it did :ahh:

Oink

Shirley Temple Giggle GIF

THE quintessential pop girl album. Imacculate indeed.

the fact that she could release a greatest hits collection as strong as this after only 6 years :WAP: that is legendary and i mean that with my whole chest

10 hours ago, shimind said:

you need to find better friends/family 

Immaculate and perfect. 

The best selling greatest hits compilation by a solo artist of all time

:clap3:

11 hours ago, slobro said:

Who's That Girl should have replaced Rescue Me

Rescue Me wasn't needed

Most greatest hits always included a new song to promote it and become another hit. With that being said, Rescue Me is one of the most forgotten songs Madge has ever recorded.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.