Spotify dissing Apple

tomo

Which side are you on?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. ?

They're mad they can't pull Apple Music quality.

• Like 2

Question, Spotify has that feature that when you search for a song, it gives you similar ones, does apple have that? cause its my fav thing about Spotify

The iSheeps in here :rip:. This isn't a matter of who's service you like more :rip:. Apple is known to be anti-competitive and we should be on Spotify's side because Apple as a whole needs more competition. In the long run it's better for us consumers. 

• Thanks 9

2 minutes ago, Daniel767 said:

Question, Spotify has that feature that when you search for a song, it gives you similar ones, does apple have that? cause its my fav thing about Spotify

No. Spotify has the best algorythm when it comes to stuff like that. 

• Thanks 1

Spotify has a monopoly over the streaming market and uses it to abuse music artists by paying them some of the lowest rates in the industry and sues them. I feel no sympathy 

• Like 1

is apple the reason why a lot of albums and songs are missing lyrics despite spotify announcing that they're going to charge to view lyrics and are they also the reason why the music quality is ****? :confused:

like… just fix your app first pls

I love AM, but Spotify is right and they have been right for some time.  Apple purposely makes it harder for competing third party services on Apple's platform, and Apple does have an unfair competitive advantage.  

• Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, Tropez said:

Apple is like Target, and Spotify is like Wal-Mart. Apple offers a better service. Spotify pays artists less, and doesn't even offer higher quality music that nearly every other competitor does. Now they want to charge users for viewing lyrics. 

This has literally nothing to do with what Spotify is trying to say. Please learn to read or watch the short 2 minute video they provided.

What Spotify is arguing is that Apple offers its own music service on iphones a competitor to Spotify. However, if someone wants to subscribe to Spotify on their phone (or literally any app), Apple takes 30% of the transaction. This is doubly bad in this case because Apple Music competes with Spotify. Users can subscribe cheaper on a desktop PC or phone browser outside the app, but Apple does not allow apps to say this in the app itself. The lack of reading comprehension and logic from consumers these days is crazy. Not Apple winning the poll. :deadbanana2:

• Thanks 1

#TeamSpotify

Apple Music sucks

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Why doesn't spotify create a phone or hardware so it can do whatever it wants instead of just whining ? :cm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

16 minutes ago, Walk_Away21 said:

This has literally nothing to do with what Spotify is trying to say. Please learn to read or watch the short 2 minute video they provided.

What Spotify is arguing is that Apple offers its own music service on iphones a competitor to Spotify. However, if someone wants to subscribe to Spotify on their phone (or literally any app), Apple takes 30% of the transaction. This is doubly bad in this case because Apple Music competes with Spotify. Users can subscribe cheaper on a desktop PC or phone browser outside the app, but Apple does not allow apps to say this in the app itself. The lack of reading comprehension and logic from consumers these days is crazy. Not Apple winning the poll. :deadbanana2:

Spotify doesn't even have in app purchases on the App Store. Go check it yourself. You have to subscribe through another means. 

Apple is better than me because if I were them, I would not let any other streaming services in my products. :eli: 

Spotify is correct, but Apple provides the superior product so I don't care. :coffee2:

• Like 2

#TeamAppleMusic :clap3:

Posted (edited)

People who defend Apple (a bully and anti competitive company) are trash. Spotify is absolutely right (they are not perfect, but everything they said is true). 

Edited by bliaz

Well I don't want Apple to have a monopoly in the music streaming biz so I'm happy we have Spotify. 

1 hour ago, MatiRod said:

Honestly having Spotify numbers public is a source of huge stress for artists, it's like you have this number that's there in everyone's faces that tells everybody what you're worth (I know numbers don't represent that, but that's what it feels like psychologically). Once you start putting music out there the Spotify monthly listeners stat becomes the most important number in your life. I've spoken to many artists about this, everyone finds it stressful and embarrassing and puts huge pressure on you because the success or lack of is so public.

So you've spoken with Ariana then? :gaycat2:

For those that say apple is expensive: in the USA, apple music costs I think 109$ yearly or more. In india it's like 20$ for a year. Just create indian Apple ID and buy Indian gift cards online and there you go. :bird:

Posted (edited)

Just because Apple is miles richer than Spotify, doesn't mean that Spotify's streaming service is better lol.

IDK if Apple is a mega monopoly. AM's quality is MILES superior. PERIODT.

Edited by Disconnect
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

some of the posts in here, I guess they call yall iSheep for a reason

:suburban:

Spotify wishes it has the audio quality and clean interface AM has.

tumblr_nx8vpeZ9PT1ql5yr7o1_400.gif

• Like 1

i will never understand why people use spotify voluntarily

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Apple Music is by FAR the better streaming platform, I switched to it in 2017 and never looked back

It's genuinely just quite tacky when businesses do this honestly :bird:

On 5/4/2024 at 1:55 AM, Virgos Groove said:

Why is a billion-dollar company (that barely pays artists, mind you) acting like the underdog? :rip:

Stream "Greedy" by Tate y'all :bird:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.