Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

SweetTalker

7 hours ago, Burqa said:

**** minimalism why isn't dua making videos like i luv it :rip: 

That song is also like ear cancer so thank god. Dua videos are good. Idk why ya are expecting kpop budgets for these girls

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mike_int

• SayIt

• Cain

• Solaria

That Blood Records vinyl sold out in like 20 minutes, there were only 5,000 copies 

idk if it counts for the UK charts but it's a good sign, also the signed version on her website is sold out 

• Like 1

Both Houdini and TS are good, but why not promote? It seems like she only cares about being in the top 20-30 for months instead of fighting for the top positions.

10 minutes ago, DoubleRainbow! said:

That Blood Records vinyl sold out in like 20 minutes, there were only 5,000 copies 

idk if it counts for the UK charts but it's a good sign, also the signed version on her website is sold out 

wow that's dope

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Papi Juancho said:

Both Houdini and TS are good, but why not promote?

What else can she do besides playlisting and award show performances? TV show performances rarely make any noise anymore in the streaming era

QueenofCopyPaste

POP:

12 (-1) Houdini: 8421 (-473) | 25.500 (-1.107) 

Just in time for the new single in April 11

1 hour ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

POP:

12 (-1) Houdini: 8421 (-473) | 25.500 (-1.107) 

Just in time for the new single in April 11

Which song from the album will be the next single? :duca:

So, somewhat off topic but whatever…

James Cameron, as in director of Avatar, Titanic etc has apparently followed Ms D  Lipa on Instagram. He only follows 24 in total.

Have we covered this somewhere already and I'm late to the party?

Edited by Vermouth

31 minutes ago, Vermouth said:

So, somewhat off topic but whatever…

James Cameron, as in director of Avatar, Titanic etc has apparently followed Ms D  Lipa on Instagram. He only follows 24 in total.

Have we covered this somewhere already and I'm late to the party?

I'm not sure if this happened recently (maybe it's fan speculation?)

she recorded the main soundtrack for his film Alita in 2019, as far as I remember, he started following her back then.

9 minutes ago, misswhooops said:

I'm not sure if this happened recently (maybe it's fan speculation?)

she recorded the main soundtrack for his film Alita in 2019, as far as I remember, he started following her back then.

Thank you.

Thought a bigger fuss would've resulted if it were recent.

I'm just out of date 😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Solaria said:

What else can she do besides playlisting and award show performances? TV show performances rarely make any noise anymore in the streaming era

She could do a cute TS performance on Graham Norton for the UK and Jimmy Fallon for the US. It wouldn't hurt and her songs have always responded very well to promo. :michael:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Burqa said:

to all those who downvoted i hope you all watched Training Season at least 50 times since you seem to love it so much :clap3: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Burqa said:

to all those who downvoted i hope you all watched Training Season at least 50 times since you seem to love it so much :clap3: 

No one's defending TS mv but I luv it was a terrible example to compare with….:suburban:

• Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, NostalgiawithDua said:

No one's defending TS mv but I luv it was a terrible example to compare with….:suburban:

well for me I luv it is the perfect example because it encapsulates the feeling of chaos surrounding her that dua is constantly talking about 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Migs said:

She could do a cute TS performance on Graham Norton for the UK and Jimmy Fallon for the US. It wouldn't hurt and her songs have always responded very well to promo. :michael:

G Norton not back till September.  Endless opportunities missed Nov - March culminating in being a guest on the last show of the series  but having Mr J Timberlake doing the music slot. 🙄

Can God Hear Us > Dance The Nuns > SS > High

But all four soundtrack songs are good at least 

Mind you Romain would've said Training Season, Callum's already better!

• Like 2

100 MILLON VIEWS :flame:

Houdini keeps getting bigger :alexz:

20 hours ago, Burqa said:

She has taste 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

It gags me that people are celebrating I Luv It's partial day debut when Dua was dragged and called a flop when Houdini did 6m with a pseudo-partial day :deadbanana2:

I always knew there were double standards for Dua, but recent reactions to Ava Max doing a backbend and being called a visual artist and Camila doing meh numbers and it being called a smash is… yeah :rip: 

• Like 5

anther remix of TS has dropped ! 

6 hours ago, Relampago. said:

It gags me that people are celebrating I Luv It's partial day debut when Dua was dragged and called a flop when Houdini did 6m with a pseudo-partial day :deadbanana2:

I always knew there were double standards for Dua, but recent reactions to Ava Max doing a backbend and being called a visual artist and Camila doing meh numbers and it being called a smash is… yeah :rip: 

The problem comes from FN being extremely iconic and succesful. Now people can't get enough of whatever Dua does. It always happens, sadly.

Edited by Tyrion_LMG
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, SchmoodRing said:

That song is also like ear cancer so thank god. Dua videos are good. Idk why ya are expecting kpop budgets for these girls

Not you spilling once in a lifetime 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Relampago. said:

Do you really think Dua is in the same level to these - I don't wanna say the word artist, that would be incorrect - girls? She was capable of being bigger, creating a branding and being recognized as a pop mastermind with FN. The backlashes are just a result of her being very successful. The more successful you are, the more hate you will get. It's inevitable. Do you really think people are expecting good art from Ava Max and Camila?

Edited by Soul Glitch

Amazon is still showing the turquoise vinyl as being "clear." Is it a mistake? 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.