Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

SweetTalker

8 hours ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

Her label / team didn't expect how Houdini and Training Season performed the way they did, so now

they're hoping new single on April 11 will do better.

The new single is produced by the same team but is the most reminiscent to the uptempo dance pop sound of Future Nostalgia. 

Hmm... Sorry I'm not buying into this. If they were that bothered they would've come up with better and more effective ways of promotion like for example perform the songs outside of awards shows and her YouTube channel.

Dropping new songs and still letting them rot is not going to change anything regardless of sound...

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SayIt

• mike_int

• Cain

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, NostalgiawithDua said:

Both of these songs would feel out of place on FN. Houdini is way more dirtier, raw and electronic for FN whereas that church ahh synth line of Training Season would feel weird on FN….

Okay Dua

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

New single April 11th

are you joking or is it true?

11 hours ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

The new single is produced by the same team 

Not this… :rip:

Didn't they learn their lessons already? Kevin Parker & Danny L Harle are not commercial enough to produce a successful single. Release the Ian Kirkpatrick tracks. Did Dua's team forget that her 2 most succesful songs to date were produced by him? Dua drop Dukagjin now cuz he's messing up your career big time 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Just now, TayDuaStan said:

Not this… :rip:

Didn't they learn their lessons already? Kevin Parker & Danny L Harle are not commercial enough to produce a successful single. Release the Ian Kirkpatrick tracks. Did Dua's team forget that her 2 most succesful songs to date were produced by him? Dua drop Dukagjin now cuz he's messing up your career big time 

Girl it's not happening. Accept it or stop complaining. We are never getting a repeat of the FN era, that's over and done with

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Solaria said:

Girl it's not happening. Accept it or stop complaining. We are never getting a repeat of the FN era, that's over and done with

I don't want a repeat of FN, be serious. I just want something better. And from what i've heard that team create to date, it's subpar to Dua's previous outputs (including droplets). 

• Thumbs Down 4

9 minutes ago, TayDuaStan said:

I don't want a repeat of FN, be serious. I just want something better. And from what i've heard that team create to date, it's subpar to Dua's previous outputs (including droplets). 

Houdini is her best song to date…

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

:zzz::zzz:

I think they should drop a promo track, not a 3rd single tbh. Just wait for the album release to see which song resonates the most with the public and push that one.

GODini and Training Season (Extended) are still on repeat. The former is stomping Physical and becoming my all time fave song from her :katie2: 

Edited by State of Grace.
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, TayDuaStan said:

To be honest, there's a good part in all of this. She won't work with Danny & Kevin for DL4, that's for certain (or her label won't allow her to). So DL4 will be a major improvement over this. And her amateur team will probably understand what to push as singles

Not this when she's releasing like the best songs in her career :skull:

Can they even try to revive these songs in US, she has completely shut down all the promo in US….:skull:

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, NostalgiawithDua said:

Can they even try to revive these songs in US, she has completely shut down all the promo in US….:skull:

This.

I don't know if I want another single before the album. I really wish they would do something to push TS a little bit more. It's stable, so that's a good sign. A cute little performance on Jimmy Fallon or SNL could make it top 15.

• Like 1

QueenofCopyPaste
2 hours ago, ReachOut said:

True. 

• Like 1

I would definitely be here for a new single. Houdini and TS are pulling solid numbers, but they can't sustain the hype (or my personal hype) for another month. Ideally, the 3rd single would come out April 29, the week before the album, but the Taylor tracks will probably still be all over, so April 11 doesn't sound like a bad idea. And there will still be 8 new tracks to get into when the album drops.

• Like 1

I really hope the album is entirely cohesive . I will never understand how 'good in bed' and 'boys will be boys' had any business in FN.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Solaria said:

Houdini is her best song to date…

It's her best song that's named Houdini, that's for sure 

Edited by tost1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The people that want quick little singles are so annoying

That's not happening this era

She can go back to that next. Just enjoy the music 

3 hours ago, ReachOut said:

They got it from a Russian source :skull:

STOP FIGHTING. Our baby just turned four years old :heart:

Physical GIFs on GIPHY - Be Animated

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, CroNich said:

To be honest though, Training Season and Houdini both already sound like they could have been on Future Nostalgia, which I think is part of the problem. I'm not sure releasing a full disco-pop bop will change anything at this point. If anything she should be trying to release something even more elevated/evolved than the singles we've gotten so far. 

Oh this take is so tired at this point… Not only is it tired, it also says you don't understand music and anything that's actually happening on FN or in these songs you mentioned. They are NOTHING alike and these two songs would have never be a good fit for FN, not sonically, not lyrically.. It's getting really tired.

31 minutes ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

True. 

So what's your source for the info?

6 minutes ago, Solaria said:

STOP FIGHTING. Our baby just turned four years old :heart:

Physical GIFs on GIPHY - Be Animated

One of the best songs ever. Didn't age a day. :clap3:

8ko2ou.jpg

• Haha 8

37 minutes ago, Vermouth said:

So what's your source for the info?

A reliable insider on PMB announced that a new song is coming on the 11th. They didn't say anything about it being a single though.

• Like 1

I mean we kinda knew 3rd single will come out in April but we didnt know when.

I personally would wait until 26th to give TS more space to grow and settle but since Taylor is releasing album (and probably single on 19th) its better have it week before

1 hour ago, Cheeky said:

A reliable insider on PMB announced that a new song is coming on the 11th. They didn't say anything about it being a single though.

It's giving promo single

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.