Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

Featured Replies

11 hours ago, SKESTU said:

i dont think i will be able to survive till may

 

spacer.png

That gif :bibliahh:

  • Replies 12.1k
  • Views 837.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Gyro Zeppeli
    Gyro Zeppeli

    I'm screaming  

  • BlackoutZone
    BlackoutZone

  • Gays today would see the Frozen music video and then the Ray of Light album cover afterwards and be like "none of this is cohesive, this is all so badly planned, I thought she was going for a gothic l

10 hours ago, ultraviolence.xx said:

how does that confirm it's an interlude tho

 

grannylipa.gif?ex=660c68b0&is=65f9f3b0&h

It doesn't but these people are determined to complain

 

grannylipa.gif?ex=660c68b0&is=65f9f3b0&h

6 hours ago, SayIt said:

Full interview coming soon :duca:

 

 

I can't wait to find out what music her parents listened to while growing up next album cycle :heart2:

Great interview about RO here: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/dua-lipa-interview-radical-optimism-details-cover-art-1234988518/

 

 

Tell me about this album cover.


Every photo [this era] looks like it was taken in a different scenario, but they all represent the same thing. The picture for “Houdini,” for example, was very self-reflective, looking at myself and appreciating where I am, who I am, and what my worth is.

And then “Training Season" is me on scaffolding in a very uncomfortable position, but looking very calm. I feel like that resonated with the song. It resonated also with the idea of this radical optimism while being in uncomfortable situations, but being graceful in the process. And this [cover image] shot in particular, remaining calm near a shark, is a massive juxtaposition. 

 

Dua-Lipa-Radical-Optimism-_CD-w-Lenticul

 

Is there one song on the album that you see yourself coming back to a ton?
So many. I feel like “These Walls" was one that I kept coming back to. “End of an Era" because it was just the maddest one when we were mixing it. I listened to that one over and over again. “Illusion" just puts me in a really good mood. “Maria,” it's a fun one, but it feels very mature to me. See? Now that the title's out, the songs aren't, so I'm also trying to figure out how to talk about it. “Maria,” to me, feels very mature in the sense of growing and seeing relationships from a different perspective. I love that one. “Anything for Love" is a personality piece, just really letting you into a studio session.

Edited by mike_int

2 hours ago, Cain said:

It doesn't but these people are determined to complain

 

grannylipa.gif?ex=660c68b0&is=65f9f3b0&h

"letting you into a studio session" sounds like it's just a short freestyle

 

grannylipa.gif?ex=660c68b0&is=65f9f3b0&h

She's giving us AOTY i fear

 

grannylipa.gif?ex=660c68b0&is=65f9f3b0&h

 

Both singles back to 2.5M+ update

 

 

I still thing "Chaos Theory" would be better title, even based on her explanation ... each time she mentioned chaos

Edited by mike_int

4 hours ago, mike_int said:

Great interview about RO here: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/dua-lipa-interview-radical-optimism-details-cover-art-1234988518/

 

 

Tell me about this album cover.


Every photo [this era] looks like it was taken in a different scenario, but they all represent the same thing. The picture for “Houdini,” for example, was very self-reflective, looking at myself and appreciating where I am, who I am, and what my worth is.

And then “Training Season" is me on scaffolding in a very uncomfortable position, but looking very calm. I feel like that resonated with the song. It resonated also with the idea of this radical optimism while being in uncomfortable situations, but being graceful in the process. And this [cover image] shot in particular, remaining calm near a shark, is a massive juxtaposition. 

 

Dua-Lipa-Radical-Optimism-_CD-w-Lenticul

 

Is there one song on the album that you see yourself coming back to a ton?
So many. I feel like “These Walls" was one that I kept coming back to. “End of an Era" because it was just the maddest one when we were mixing it. I listened to that one over and over again. “Illusion" just puts me in a really good mood. “Maria,” it's a fun one, but it feels very mature to me. See? Now that the title's out, the songs aren't, so I'm also trying to figure out how to talk about it. “Maria,” to me, feels very mature in the sense of growing and seeing relationships from a different perspective. I love that one. “Anything for Love" is a personality piece, just really letting you into a studio session.

It sounds like she had a lot of fun recording this album

i have a feeling that maria is going to be the best song on the album

will be going back to this post on may 3rd to see if i was right (unless i forget)

spacer.png

Her naming half of the album as her faves and she didn't even include the singles. This AOTY 

 

grannylipa.gif?ex=660c68b0&is=65f9f3b0&h

4 hours ago, mike_int said:

And then “Training Season" is me on scaffolding in a very uncomfortable position, but looking very calm. I feel like that resonated with the song. It resonated also with the idea of this radical optimism while being in uncomfortable situations, but being graceful in the process.

her ass just made that up:dies:

3 minutes ago, punisher said:

her ass just made that up:dies:

nnnnn ikr I'm living for the word salad

 

grannylipa.gif?ex=660c68b0&is=65f9f3b0&h

But people told me she couldn't sell and all of her songs are carried by playlisting and tth. Her so-called flop era….

 

Edited by NostalgiawithDua

25 minutes ago, Blank Space said:

Her naming half of the album as her faves and she didn't even include the singles. This AOTY 

 

grannylipa.gif?ex=660c68b0&is=65f9f3b0&h

so true, I claimed half of the remaining songs

 

grannylipa.gif?ex=660c68b0&is=65f9f3b0&h

2 hours ago, NostalgiawithDua said:

But people told me she couldn't sell and all of her songs are carried by playlisting and tth. Her so-called flop era….

 

she should do stadiums at this point :o

4 minutes ago, DoubleRainbow! said:

she should do stadiums at this point :o

European Stadium 2025

Pre-ordered album to get early ticket access for Dua Lipa concert in Croatia this June :clap3:

13 hours ago, chris1991 said:

Is the album going to survive….i mean the singles aren't doing Amazing numbers?

Define survive lol.   This album ain't debuting #1 in the US even w/ Taylor's third week.    Honestly will prob debut at or slightly above Future Nostalgia.   

6 hours ago, punisher said:

her ass just made that up:dies:

her lies mind... it amazes me sometimes. She has such a way with words

 

duaexplain.gif?ex=660daebc&is=65fb39bc&h

This month is almost over :jonny:

 

So we practically have one month left :jonny:

 

May will be here so fast :jonny:

 

We are about to have another full studio album :jonny:

 

11 new tracks :jonny:

 

Houdini and Training Season are amazing :jonny:

 

A new single soon around the album release :jonny:

 

Festivals and tours :jonny:

 

 

OMG :duca:

17 hours ago, mike_int said:

So many. I feel like “These Walls" was one that I kept coming back to. “End of an Era" because it was just the maddest one when we were mixing it. I listened to that one over and over again. “Illusion" just puts me in a really good mood. “Maria,” it's a fun one, but it feels very mature to me. See? Now that the title's out, the songs aren't, so I'm also trying to figure out how to talk about it. “Maria,” to me, feels very mature in the sense of growing and seeing relationships from a different perspective. I love that one. “Anything for Love" is a personality piece, just really letting you into a studio session.

She was asked one song and she mentioned half the album, lol. (yes, I read that she said "So many".

 

Great read. And seems like the promo has begun with this and the Billboard interview.

 

There will probably be (TV) performances announced and magazine covers unveiled in the coming weeks.

5 hours ago, CallumDavies said:

This radical optimism thing is already so tiring 😂

FR, maybe she should've thunk it thro' a bit longer coz...can she keep up the cackling and giggling for EVERY interview :clap3::gaycat7:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.