Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

Featured Replies

35 minutes ago, Popboi. said:

22nd would be complete marketing suicide cause of Taylor's album ddddd

oh, I dont even think of her tbh, but yeah just checked her album release date

 

I also checked calendar wrong haha

 

Personally for me April 5th is early so maybe April12th for 3rd single then?

Edited by mike_int

  • Replies 12.1k
  • Views 837.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Gyro Zeppeli
    Gyro Zeppeli

    I'm screaming  

  • BlackoutZone
    BlackoutZone

  • Gays today would see the Frozen music video and then the Ray of Light album cover afterwards and be like "none of this is cohesive, this is all so badly planned, I thought she was going for a gothic l

11 hours ago, bearman said:

There is no way Glastonbury allowed her to perform the same show 4 times before the festival. Think of these dates as promo concerts for the album and I'm sure it won't be the same set as Glasto. 

Beyoncé actually performed her Glastonbury set multiple times before she did it there, ironing out the kinks.

5 hours ago, ahauntingnearu said:

Still so curious how this is gonna fit in, given what we know of the album ('s vibe). Also can't waaaait for the closer, the Gwen Cool-esque track :jonny6:

Gwen Cool-esque track :jonny: I can't wait I need it now :jonny:

12 hours ago, bearman said:

There is no way Glastonbury allowed her to perform the same show 4 times before the festival. Think of these dates as promo concerts for the album and I'm sure it won't be the same set as Glasto. 

Her show will be similar regardless. Not like she has 15 albums to pick from.. she will clearly do all of the known hits in each venue including Glastonbury.

3 minutes ago, Yes, AND said:

Her show will be similar regardless. Not like she has 15 albums to pick from.. she will clearly do all of the known hits in each venue including Glastonbury.

I'm not complaining because I'm not attending Glastonbury anyway 

 

:suburban:

2 hours ago, mike_int said:

Its been month since release of TS and since then we got Brit performance, album announcement, extended version, live version video and its still not enough?

Also acapella and instrumental versions, and now the london sessions version. 

 

There are like 7 versions on my spotify now

12 hours ago, bearman said:

There is no way Glastonbury allowed her to perform the same show 4 times before the festival. Think of these dates as promo concerts for the album and I'm sure it won't be the same set as Glasto. 

They would. Bey's headline set wasn't original to just Glasto, neither was Shakira's, Kylie actually built a whole tour around Glasto in open fields and did the same show in all of them (sans some surprise guests) and Janet basically rehashed her Vegas show.

Edited by Popboi.

So she does mention that scrapped album recorded between 2021-2022, I remember someone mentioned about it being more funk and 2000s inspired but she changed everything….

https://x.com/dlipahungary/status/1769822304928686420?s=46

Dua said making Illusion was the ‘eureka moment' of creating the album. It includes live drums and synths and a big music breakdown by Kevin and Danny which she describes as ‘the big dance moment' :jonny5:

8 minutes ago, Augmented said:

Dua said making Illusion was the ‘eureka moment' of creating the album. It includes live drums and synths and a big music breakdown by Kevin and Danny which she describes as ‘the big dance moment' :jonny5:

where did she said that?

15 minutes ago, louvronthebrain said:

where did she said that?

In this interview 

https://variety.com/2024/music/news/dua-lipa-radical-optimism-houdini-training-season-interview-1235945095/

 

she also talks a bit more about the album concept + happy for you briefly 

If she plans her concerts around her holidays, what's the problem? Too bad Cleveland ain't doing more to become a tourist destination. 

Do we need another pre-album single? I kinda want one.

Edited by Jude

Her Variety Interview-

Quote

You talk about your eureka moment. What was that for you?

It was a song called “Illusion.” That was a song where I felt like lyrically, I got this radical optimism. I felt very strong in the moment when I was writing that song, because it was really seeing past someone's bullshit, I guess, for lack of a better word. And understanding it for what it is and just entertaining it for the hell of it, even though you see what's happening. But I felt in a stronger power of position, because I was like maybe before, I would have fallen for something like this and now I can dance with the illusion, and it's something for me too, you know? I think musically also, when Kevin and Danny came together and it was the live drums and the synths and the big music breakdown, in my head the big dance moment, when all those came together it was just a feeling. I had a feeling and I was like, now I have something to bounce off of. And in that first week, even though sonically they're in the same world but they're very different, I wrote “Illusion" and then I wrote “Happy for You" and “Happy for You" is a much bigger ballad, in a way. Somewhat. I wouldn't really classify it as a ballad. Because I don't do songs that are slow and big and emotional, but I just put them in the ballad section, I'm like, I don't do those. But this feels almost in a world where I can really have this epic singing record that I was able to be very vulnerable and open in. But still sonically, it has this tremolo sound that I'm really obsessed with and it's Kevin's voice replicated. We use it as a sample throughout. That was just a moment for me to be really vulnerable and open and honest in what was happening in my life at that point. But I feel overall, in this whole record, I just grew as I was writing. I feel like I matured throughout.

 

Just now, NostalgiawithDua said:

But still sonically, it has this tremolo sound that I'm really obsessed with and it's Kevin's voice replicated. We use it as a sample throughout.

Listen to first 10 seconds of this video, she gave a lil teaser…

https://youtu.be/kLCs1K6vWbA?si=zrfpaYBtdHao6w7b

 

1 minute ago, NostalgiawithDua said:

Her Variety Interview-

 

I'm so psyched for this album! I decided that I'm going to hold off listening to Training Season and Houdini for the next month. I've mostly been listening to Training Season ever since it came out. I may have streamed it close to 1000 times... I can't help it, it's too good. Same thing with Houdini before that. It does sneak in a few times here and there but that's about it. I think it'll be good if I go into the album having not listened to the singles too close to the release date. I feel like that way it'll hit so much harder

Apparently these 4 new shows will be filmed for a special project hence why the “aesthetic" arenas.. 

9 minutes ago, curiousladybug said:

Apparently these 4 new shows will be filmed for a special project hence why the “aesthetic" arenas.. 

yeah… just like the FN tour was filmed :suburban:

Ughhh... I feel like it's gonna be impossible to get good tickets, just like with any concert now! :cries:

1 minute ago, Cain said:

yeah… just like the FN tour was filmed :suburban:

Well, maybe this time they have some kind of Apple TV or Netflix or some other streaming platform contract, lets see. It wouldnt be out of style for current music scene

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.