Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

Featured Replies

  • Replies 12.1k
  • Views 838.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Gyro Zeppeli
    Gyro Zeppeli

    I'm screaming  

  • BlackoutZone
    BlackoutZone

  • Gays today would see the Frozen music video and then the Ray of Light album cover afterwards and be like "none of this is cohesive, this is all so badly planned, I thought she was going for a gothic l

19 minutes ago, MC54 said:

My deluxe split vinyl delivered. Almost perfectly lined up with side A. Really well done design and packaging.

 

 

 

your vinyl looks gorgeous 

 

I've come around on this album photoshoot, I just wish there were more photos :michael: would've been a sick shot to see her riding on the shark somehow 

6 hours ago, Virgos Groove said:

The girls already beginning to switch and admitting this is a good album. I hate to say "I told you so", but no I don't!

 

oprah-winfrey-stunt.gif

It's so telling how as soon as an album starts showing even small signs of success, people start switching FAST :toofunny3:

43 minutes ago, Subversive said:

Also from the dates noted on the pages, here is the # out of the 97 written and the date

 

End of an Era: #85, Jan 24, 2023
Houdini: #80, Nov 24, 2022
Training Season: #79, Nov 22, 2022
These Walls: #83, Jan 16, 2023
Whatcha Doing: #61, July 13, 2022
French Exit: #Unkown, rewritten on Apr 20, 2023
Illusion: #59, July 11, 2022
Falling Forever: #97, date unknown 2023
Anything for Love: #91, Feb 15, 2023
Maria: #64, July 18, 2023
Happy for You: #60, July 12, 2022

 

Wild that it took 59 songs before she even started to feel like she was in the right direction 

so there's at least 20 outtakes recorded after illusion. i'm mostly curious about the 4 songs written between happy for you and maría tho 

I hope the mixed perception to this album doesn't cause her to regress artistically for her next one. There's some really unique moments here that if she were to build upon she'd have master level pop songs and hopefully she doesn't try to play it safe next era trying to please people.

 

Spoiler

At least do one DJ collab if she needs a hit :mandown:

1 hour ago, Cain said:

It's so over, we lost her

 

Virgos Groove

 

It seems like nobody wants to get up and WORK anymore! 

 

I need Papa Warner to step in and start sowing discord with their business relationship 

Uk debut will end up above 40k :clap3:

 

4 hours ago, Nefertiti0 said:

digital download featuring the exclusive houdini & training season london sessions

 

ok at least Duas Dad knows that he need to fight for a #2 debut :duca: I hope we get 75k / #2 at the USA 

14 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

It's so telling how as soon as an album starts showing even small signs of success, people start switching FAST :toofunny3:

Where is the success babygirl

2 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

Where is the success babygirl

At least her top 3 songs on Spotify are songs from her new album. Not everyone can relate. 

11 minutes ago, Ivan_brit said:

Uk debut will end up above 40k :clap3:

 

ok at least Duas Dad knows that he need to fight for a #2 debut :duca: I hope we get 75k / #2 at the USA 

UK #1 on lock YASSSSSS :jonny5:

6 minutes ago, selena_lavigne said:

At least her top 3 songs on Spotify are songs from her new album. Not everyone can relate. 

Yeah that's def not the case for Selena nor Avril :giraffe:

6 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

Yeah that's def not the case for Selena nor Avril :giraffe:

Oh yes, Selena and Avril are surprise releasing a collaboration album this Friday. :clown:

Selena is going on 5 years of no new album and Avril on 3. 

One is busy filming herself applying make-up and the other touring 20 year old songs. 

On the topic of Radical Optimism Watcha Doin? has been a grower. 

Edited by selena_lavigne

6 minutes ago, selena_lavigne said:

Oh yes, Selena and Avril are surprise releasing a collaboration album this Friday. :clown:

Selena is going on 5 years of no new album and Avril on 3. 

One is busy filming herself applying make-up and the other touring 20 year old songs. 

On the topic of Radical Optimism Watcha Doin? has been a grower. 

You set criteria of whats supposed to be a success that you can't even apply to your own faves. Truly a :clown: moment.

 

Of course a few months old songs would be near the top when Dua just released the entire album that includes them. :clown:

After many listens I've concluded that, although there are some gems, the  meh songs are so meh that really bring my listening experience down and being such a short album makes it worse. 

 

end of an era, falling forever, French exit are pretty terrible or boring.

 

She really drop the ball. Bye 

Tbh I see this album serving longevity, esp if she tours extensively. 

 

Historically as we've seen, Dua has always been a grower not a shower. So all the people writing her off already could be patient with their criticism at the very least :michael:

23 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

You set criteria of whats supposed to be a success that you can't even apply to your own faves. Truly a :clown: moment.

 

Of course a few months old songs would be near the top when Dua just released the entire album that includes them. :clown:

You are comparing Dua Lipa who released an album 5 days ago to Selena who released an album in January 2020. You brought the two artists with the most quality songs in the music industry up. Not me.

And thank you for that cuz i hadn't streamed Love Sux in a month or two. Now THAT is a 5/5 album.

Edited by selena_lavigne

1 hour ago, If I'm Dancing said:

I hope the mixed perception to this album doesn't cause her to regress artistically for her next one. There's some really unique moments here that if she were to build upon she'd have master level pop songs and hopefully she doesn't try to play it safe next era trying to please people.

 

  Hide contents

At least do one DJ collab if she needs a hit :mandown:

I think this lack of commercial success will lead her into leaning more deeply into those psychedelic elements and hopefully making a less chart-grabbing sound and a sound that's more experimental and in alignment with her influences, at least I hope. 

I wish Anything for Love was longer. The actual singing part is less than 2 minutes long, smh

i seriously need some unreleased songs from this album cause 8 new songs when I don't use 2 of them is such a short amount :rip: by this time in 2020 I believe we already had like almost 10 FN outtakes at least 

1 hour ago, halcyonday said:

Where is the success babygirl

The success is the friends we've made along the way

Whatcha Doing really has that summery breezy, and funky sound to it, I smell a summer smash if she remixes it with Doja like another user said

 

1382946a426e150292f74ceb593d509a_w200.gi

Edited by ChrisTheLoner

4 hours ago, Cain said:

It's so over, we lost her

 

Virgos Groove

 

I hate it here :biblio:

 

don't mix business with family. That's not going to end well.

I can't stop listening to the album because each listen I discover more instruments, understand the lyrics, appreciate her really strong vocals, and overall vibing more. And my fave song keeps changing, right now, HFY is doing something for me.

 

I already loved it at first listen but god this really gets even better. :smitten: 

On 5/7/2024 at 3:50 AM, BrokenMachine said:

Why are you so obsessed coming every day to this thread to say 'Dua will use pre recorded vocals' (even when she has never used them)? Go out and touch some grass :dies:

This is serving delusion lol. Of course she uses pre recorded vocals. All the girls do. 

a lot of you are too young but when she started posting snippets for DL1 everyone was trashing New Rules saying it sounded like a cheap mess, a Mr Saxobeat rehash. the north remembers. i believe we'll get a smash out of this album too 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.