Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

Featured Replies

1 hour ago, mike_int said:

I want another Houdini, another Training Season and another Illusion plus one or two dance summer ibiza house early 2000s inspired tracks

So you basically said the singles are the only good tracks

 

:suburban:

  • Replies 12.1k
  • Views 841.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Gyro Zeppeli
    Gyro Zeppeli

    I'm screaming  

  • BlackoutZone
    BlackoutZone

  • Gays today would see the Frozen music video and then the Ray of Light album cover afterwards and be like "none of this is cohesive, this is all so badly planned, I thought she was going for a gothic l

1 hour ago, Burqa said:

there's nothing as bad as "your words are like chinese water torture" :dies:

the album has catch me or i go houdini :dies: 

I think the whole project has great replay-value. She did put some crack into it

5 hours ago, Gladiator said:

Oh naur I got the 1% of listener thing from Spotify and I've only listened to the album like 6 times. :rip:

where can I see it? i have like 500 streams of it since the release :rip: 

This really hit today. I even bopped to French Exit and End of an Era. It was made for warm weather, no depressive winter hoes allowed

7 hours ago, Cain said:

If I see one more 'higher highs but lower lows' :suburban:

 

FN has POP EXCELLENCE, the first 9 songs on that album are tight sequenced pop masterpieces. Nothing on Radical Midimism comes even close. Then song 10 and 11 are a dip in quality but nothing laughably bad or embarrassing. GIB is a fun song and BWBB is her attempt at making a statement, which may not totally work but at least she made the swing (even if it missed)


RO has no such swings, she's not aiming for anything. She's not reaching for the stars like she did on FN. This is her on autopilot and it's a way less enjoyable jumbled mess of ideas, the sequencing sucks, the tracklisting makes no sense, and the overall theme of 'dating' is weak. I'd rather take the two 'lower lows' of FN if that means I get an entire masterclass in pop on the 9 tracks before instead of the album that's bordering on background music
 

Oh and she also needs to shut the hell up next album cycle, she's clearly delusional and terrible at describing her own music

oh it's bad for Dua if @Cain lashes her like that

 

moo.png

I better see Andrew Watt on the DL4 credits. No more Ian pls. 

3 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

where can I see it? i have like 500 streams of it since the release :rip: 

You should've gotten a notification for it when you open Spotify. I was in the top 0.1%. 

Edited by itsjokesta
Typo

Just now, itsjokesta said:

I better see Andrew Watt on the DL4 credits. No more Ian pls. 

Drugs

 

//

 

Chaos Theory would have been a better name for this album. At best, RO is a huge exaggeration for what this album is about, and at worst makes basically no sense :skull: 

My Top Tracks so far:

 

Illusion

These Walls 

Watcha Doin 

End of an era

Houdini

 

Imagine this was the single run. Maybe the whole era would've done much better :jonny6:. Essentially Illusion benefitted from being released not too long ago, so im sure itll fall behind.

But These Walls - Watcha Doin - End of An Era during album release and Houdini as the finish of the era wouldve been much better 

Some user who tried to snatch the album thread wrote Vertical Optimism and I think would've been a bit edgier and therefore better title :dies: she could've made up something like optimism being a path that you have to be willing to go down or whatever 

The transition between the bridge to the last (adlib-less, change-less, ineffective, useless) last chorus at 2:49 in These Walls is so bad :suburban: the 10 seconds bridge was like the only part of the song potentially evoking emotion or tension… only for the identical chorus we already heard before to abruptly kick in and repeat itself unwantedly :skull: 

2 minutes ago, Post Malone said:

The transition between the bridge to the last (adlib-less, change-less, ineffective, useless) last chorus at 2:49 in These Walls is so bad :suburban: the 10 seconds bridge was like the only part of the song potentially evoking emotion or tension… only for the identical chorus we already heard before to abruptly kick in and repeat itself unwantedly :skull: 

they all need electric chair for the crime of copy pasting all the choruses :skull: 

12 minutes ago, itsjokesta said:

You should've gotten a notification for it when you open Spotify. I was in the top 0.1%. 

damn I get nothing when i open my spotify :rip: 

19 minutes ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

I think the whole project has great replay-value. She did put some crack into it

Thank you for saving your thoughts! I am glad you are enjoying! 

1 minute ago, SayIt said:

Thank you for saving your thoughts! I am glad you are enjoying! 

Why are they employing you instead of hiring proper producers for the music

 

:suburban:

My Top Tracks: (in no particular order)

 

Maria

Watcha Doing

End of An Era

Houdini

These Walls

French Exit (hear me out the ***** is a grower)

16 minutes ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

My Top Tracks so far:

 

Illusion

These Walls 

Watcha Doin 

End of an era

Houdini

 

Imagine this was the single run. Maybe the whole era would've done much better :jonny6:. Essentially Illusion benefitted from being released not too long ago, so im sure itll fall behind.

But These Walls - Watcha Doin - End of An Era during album release and Houdini as the finish of the era wouldve been much better 

I feel like, (objectively speaking) Dua should've let the singles stay as little psychdelic nuggets for us to listen to when the album released and instead push something more DTN radio friendly initially. 

 

(But that's just my take.)

Wait the PYP thread

@Relampago. rearrange my thoughts next 

 

spacer.png

 

OT: These Walls is a HIT

Falling Forever really is my favorite song by Dua ever, I am really in love with it

1 hour ago, Post Malone said:

So you basically said the singles are the only good tracks

 

:suburban:

No I didnt say that ;) , I posted few of my reviews and charting of the album in this thread already but I also mentioned that sonically no other tracks (except Falling Forever) wouldn't fit with the 3 already released singles and its a pity, so logically I would prefer something more bouncy and hard

 

This was my charting just on another side which you probably didn't see before you commented on my post ;)

 

Great:

End Of An Era

Houdini

Training Season

These Walls

Illusion

Falling Forever

 

Very Good:

Whatcha Doing, Maria

 

Good:

Anything For Love, Happy For You

 

OK:

French Exit

 

If You Say So Shrug GIF

Edited by mike_int

2 hours ago, thirdward said:

maybe These Walls is the best track idk 

:clap3:

2 hours ago, thirdward said:

maybe falling forever is the best track idk 

it really is :falcon:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.