Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

Featured Replies

  • Replies 12.1k
  • Views 839k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Gyro Zeppeli
    Gyro Zeppeli

    I'm screaming  

  • BlackoutZone
    BlackoutZone

  • Gays today would see the Frozen music video and then the Ray of Light album cover afterwards and be like "none of this is cohesive, this is all so badly planned, I thought she was going for a gothic l

12 minutes ago, hétérosexuelle said:

Training Season is such an uncharismatic song :rip:

 

even more anti-climatic in a mid ass album

Training Season is amazing yall have zero taste. Its legit the 2024 version of Cher's "Dark Lady." The instrumental gives such gypsy vibes, its stunning!

21 minutes ago, hétérosexuelle said:

Training Season is such an uncharismatic song :rip:

 

even more anti-climatic in a mid ass album

Def. THE momentum killer of the era. Fact. Was not Houdini. Did Houdini raise the bar and 'reinvent' much? No. But like most of her past hits/smashes it eventually HITS and song is fire & actually was still growing on radio and streaming until TS came out! 

 

Yet TS was rumored to not only be the first single but THE single. Ugh...NO lol. Her most flimsy, dull, disconnected song maybe ever but esp as a 2nd single well before any album is released!

 

Tbh, I'm *thrilled (at least for optics) how the 1st week is looking in the US and esp the UK. I was barely 50/50 at best she'd even go anywhere near #1 in her home country. Fact she'll prob. effortlessly debut #1 there knocking off TAYLOR and come in a solid top 3 in the US (same peak as FN) I'm very satisfied. Week 2 and 3 may get messy though.  

Edited by jamiko1230

21 minutes ago, hétérosexuelle said:

Training Season is such an uncharismatic song :rip:

 

even more anti-climatic in a mid ass album

I feel this way about Training Season and Illusion. Probably my least favorite singles of hers from any of the albums. There are much better songs on the album that could've been pushed.

I love most of the album now, I just think TS is a bit dull and Falling Forever is a complete skip for me, so loud and screamy :chick1:

2 minutes ago, perpetual novice said:

I love most of the album now, I just think TS is a bit dull and Falling Forever is a complete skip for me, so loud and screamy :chick1:

:rip::rip:

What you on about with Training Season?

It's a great song!

1 minute ago, LOTF said:

What you on about with Training Season?

It's a great song!

Right!! i don't know what these people are smoking in this thread. 

5 hours ago, watermelonshake said:

68k in the US seems actually really good for Dua! Would be cool if it could even reach 70. 

I think it's a solid album, but definitely not as good as Future Nostalgia. 
Really wish she'd push These Walls over Happy For You. HFY is nice but These Walls has double the streams of every other album track, it's clear it's a favourite. 

These walls was playlisted at number 1 thats why no its not a favorite. Happy for u anf these walls are interchangeable potato patato whatever. She aint getting a hit. The singles are eating each others streams. Messy era 👀

1 minute ago, MusicIsMyMaster said:

Right!! i don't know what these people are smoking in this thread. 

Part of me thinks it's because it didn't smash that they think it's terrible :mandown:

The girls already beginning to switch and admitting this is a good album. I hate to say "I told you so", but no I don't!

 

oprah-winfrey-stunt.gif

29 minutes ago, jamiko1230 said:

Def. THE momentum killer of the era. Fact. Was not Houdini. Did Houdini raise the bar and 'reinvent' much? No. But like most of her past hits/smashes it eventually HITS and song is fire & actually was still growing on radio and streaming until TS came out! 

 

Yet TS was rumored to not only be the first single but THE single. Ugh...NO lol.

Releasing TS instead of promoting the hell out of Houdini was a huge mistake. Houdini could've cracked top 10 in the US with better promo.

1 minute ago, Virgos Groove said:

The girls already beginning to switch and admitting this is a good album. I hate to say "I told you so", but no I don't!

 

oprah-winfrey-stunt.gif

I honestly didn't feel it after just one listen. It's definitely not as immediate as Future Nostalgia and her debut but I didn't think any of the songs were unsalvageable. Also she is the queen of growers so I know it'll eventually click with me

If i were warner id stopped the era short and just take the L. Let dua perform all her committments and thats it. We had 3 singles and 3 videos and grammy slots performances and brit awards. Will a 4th single move the needle. Nope.

7 minutes ago, LOTF said:

Part of me thinks it's because it didn't smash that they think it's terrible :mandown:

It didnt smash because its terrible. I never liked the new direction and the era. Nothing exciting to be honest. Daddy needs to go and tap needs to come back asap.

The semantics when all of the singles were too Euro to do anything in the US. I think it being global shows the quality was there, it just wasn't to the present tastes.

These Walls will be the Levitating of the era and then members with a kitten avi will run and say they love her again

29 minutes ago, perpetual novice said:

I love most of the album now, I just think TS is a bit dull and Falling Forever is a complete skip for me, so loud and screamy :chick1:

Spill, the "bop" attempts are just aggressive noise. The album shines in it's chiller album tracks / autopilot Mabel'd songs like Illusion and Anything For Love

 

:clack:

Edited by Post Malone

I looked for evidence in the Capitol and it was indeed training season that killed the era 

Her US sales growing even though she has zero US hits this era is a sign she should have a stable career tbh, Dua Lipa lives! :celestial4:

I fear some of you would have never been pleased…..

 

If You Say So Shrug GIF
 

Edited by formlessminutiae

So weird being on the other side of the coin now for Training Season. I was completely underwhelmed during its release but right now I can't stop listening to it. It's not a perfect song and could have benefited from a stronger last chorus but the song slaps hard tbh.

woke up this morning to the whole album growing on me

Virgos Groove

 

I finally liked French Exit and Happy For You 

Virgos Groove

Edited by DoubleRainbow!

I never got the Training Season hate. To me it's the most GP friendly song out of the three singles all things considered

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.