Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

Featured Replies

What makes this album for me are the rave touches by Danny (church organ & bell arpeggiated synths, acid pulses sprinkled throughout the album, and nature sounds made famous by 90's happy hardcore) that makes it a more cohesive experience. And the summer/ocean/fluid vibes on this I dig way more than the summer albums we got the past few years i.e. ESV and UVST.

 

Kevin also does his thing on here to give it the punch it needs, but I'm more into edm than psychedelia so wasn't something i was looking forward to much.

 

Overall, her best album imo.

Edited by Contessa

  • Replies 12.1k
  • Views 840.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Gyro Zeppeli
    Gyro Zeppeli

    I'm screaming  

  • BlackoutZone
    BlackoutZone

  • Gays today would see the Frozen music video and then the Ray of Light album cover afterwards and be like "none of this is cohesive, this is all so badly planned, I thought she was going for a gothic l

First skip is Anything For Love,it's too sentimental for me to get into instantly.

Happy For You is a great closer, sounds very nostalgic.

 

I appreciate her for making a short album, much easier to listen to completely.

 

Must say im happy with what I heard, thought all the songs would sound like the singles which I didn't like.

She kinda pre-released the best songs already.

 

My faves in no particular order:

Houdini

Training Season

Illusion

End of An Era

Falling Forever

French Exit

Whatcha Doing

Top 3:

3. Whatcha Doing

2. Falling Forever

1. French Exit

I am in LOVE with this album right now!!! WOO! Dua did THAT!

Listened to the album in the background two times while working. Really went into the album wanting to like it, but overall the album is below par for Dua. Especially considering Future Nostalgia, which had amazing album tracks even outside of the singles.

 

The first half of the album is definitely better than the latter, the opening track and French Exit were cute. These Walls was certainly the definite highlight of the album for me, and I think it's the only song on the album that could gain some traction as a fourth single.

 

I think the biggest issue is with production, to be honest. It's just underwhelming overall and even a tad gawky in parts :michael: She switched most all of her producers from Future Nostalgia - which makes sense, since she was clearly going for a new sound. Stuart Price and Koz were behind a lot of the magic of FN, and they're completely missing from this record.

 

I think I'll still give it another chance to grow on me, but my preliminary thoughts posit that miss Lupa missed with this one. Hope her next project serves and the success of this era doesn't foreshadow her next one.:gaycat6:

Edited by raisetheroof

7 minutes ago, livelikemusic said:

I am in LOVE with this album right now!!! WOO! Dua did THAT!

Yasss!!!

 

8 minutes ago, SweetenerNostalgia said:

THESE WALLS THE ANTHEM THAT YOU ARE 

 

thisisalecx-stan-twitter.gif

 

These Walls :jonny:

 

17 minutes ago, KingWitch said:

Happy For You is a great closer, sounds very nostalgic.

 

I appreciate her for making a short album, much easier to listen to completely.

 

Must say im happy with what I heard, thought all the songs would sound like the singles which I didn't like.

That is great that you enjoyed the album! 

 

20 minutes ago, SweetenerNostalgia said:

SHE'S HERE FINALLY

 

Enjoy the experience!! 

 

22 minutes ago, KingWitch said:

The flute and production on Maria is amazing.

The iconic flute! 

 

28 minutes ago, Taylor fanboy said:

These Walls, well we need more time with it.

 

:suburban:

I hope it grows on you :party:

Incredible album

 

FALLING FOREVER is her best song ever

Just now, YR. said:

Incredible album

 

FALLING FOREVER is her best song ever

Wow that is a huge statement. Did you like any other songs?

Just now, SayIt said:

Wow that is a huge statement. Did you like any other songs?

Every single song is great :jonny6: End of an Era and Watcha Doing are insane

I'm going to give Falling Together a few more listens, given the hype here. Also the producer being the same as DSN bodes well:deadbanana2:

 

I hope I was just too focused on slaving for the shareholders to fully appreciate:WAP:

Edited by raisetheroof

Ugh can not wait to go to my local record store today and pick up some copies :jonny:

20 minutes :duca:

 

Hard to believe its finally here and with no L wording!

4 minutes ago, raisetheroof said:

I'm going to give Falling Together a few more listens, given the hype here. Also the producer being the same as DSN bodes well:deadbanana2:

 

I hope I was just too focused on slaving for the shareholders to fully appreciate:WAP:

Listen to it in the car with the windows down.

Falling Together lowkey sounds like a song that would win Eurovision:deadbanana2: It's cute!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.