Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

Featured Replies

Happy For You hmmm I really really don't know how I feel with this one. Just like the album opener I absolutely get what it's trying to do and I actually think it executes it. I just don't like it :dies:

  • Replies 12.1k
  • Views 840.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Gyro Zeppeli
    Gyro Zeppeli

    I'm screaming  

  • BlackoutZone
    BlackoutZone

  • Gays today would see the Frozen music video and then the Ray of Light album cover afterwards and be like "none of this is cohesive, this is all so badly planned, I thought she was going for a gothic l

Highlights based on first listen: These Walls, Whatcha Doing, Falling Forever 

Not as strong as my first listen with FN, but I can see the album growing with me after a few listens. 

 

illusion.gif?ex=66346ab5&is=66331935&hm=

I'm reading the reviews now and most of them are calling her out bc of the "psych-pop" and "tribute to rave" comments when it's just a pretty good pop album. And the fact that the songs aren't personal... but hell not everyone is interested on digging a popstar's life and she's not forced to share her personal details for lifeless people on the internet give their unwanted opinions :deadbanana2:

 

It's just a great carefree pop album, supposed for parties, going out with friends and having some fun. People should just see it this way rather than setting such high standards for her.

Is it already out or is it one of those local releases at midnight? 

6 minutes ago, Augmented said:

Happy For You hmmm I really really don't know how I feel with this one. Just like the album opener I absolutely get what it's trying to do and I actually think it executes it. I just don't like it :dies:

It is one the best pop songs EVER :cries: so nostalgic / happy, sad kinda song. 

Just now, Lady Claire said:

I'm reading the reviews now and most of them are calling her out bc of the "psych-pop" and "tribute to rave" comments when it's just a pretty good pop album. And the fact that the songs aren't personal... but hell not everyone is interested on digging a popstar's life and she's not forced to share her personal details for lifeless people on the internet give their unwanted opinions :deadbanana2:

 

It's just a great carefree pop album, supposed for parties, going out with friends and having some fun. People should just see it this way rather than setting such high standards for her.

So they've read the interviews where she's talked about the genres of the album, but not the ones where she talks about disliking when artists write their songs like diary entries. :gaycat6:

A good slightly above average pop album. I commend her for sticking to her guns but I wish she pushed her sound further. Of course, the bar in pop music is very low so this does stand out as one of the better pop moments of the year this far but I was anticipating something much more adventurous. 

 

I don't dislike any of this but I wouldn't put it on again necessarily. Something about the mixing is VERY dry and almost lacking in dynamics which SUCKS because there are some really cute ideas here. Def think it'll grow on me though. I feel like the singles (minus the very cute TS) are the weakest songs here. :rip: I wonder if her label rejected more out there tracks?

Welp first play through is over and I can safely say that was one of the most frustrating first listens that I have ever had with an album in my life. I really don't know how to properly articulate how I am feeling tbh. This wasn't the way I wanted to feel after listening to one of my favourite artists and I genuinely feel like I went into it being incredibly open minded too :cries:

1 minute ago, Augmented said:

Welp first play through is over and I can safely say that was one of the most frustrating first listens that I have ever had with an album in my life. I really don't know how to properly articulate how I am feeling tbh. This wasn't the way I wanted to feel after listening to one of my favourite artists and I genuinely feel like I went into it being incredibly open minded too :cries:

Basically how I felt. I wanted so badly to love it. :emofish:

4 minutes ago, scottstreet said:

Slant just gave it a 80, the album can still be saved!

I'm being RADICALLY OPTIMISTIC.

 

b2e.png

Wish they reworked Anything for love and made it the intro of the album :gayalipacat3:

24 minutes ago, Miichael said:

Not seeing enough love for Godria

 

ItuKx0m.gif

Is that staged? because otherwise it's funny as f

Okay I changed my mind Maria is the best :jonny5: this might just be the smasha her team is looking for 

1 minute ago, MP3 said:

Is that staged? because otherwise it's funny as f

No Marina actually pushed Ellie 

All I know is Sarah, Clarence, Koz and Jason are all grinning from ear to ear watching those reviews come in after what Dua has been saying about there output for this era 

Season 2 Lol GIF by Insecure on HBO

Why is this nor available for purchase on Qobuz Germany? It is everywhere already but there. Gosh, I hate this country. 

4 minutes ago, BadBoy said:

No Marina actually pushed Ellie 

It's a hard push wtf but she took it so classy it's perfect  

This is a nice, solid album but honestly it's difficult not to be underwhelmed by any body of work that has to follow Future Nostalgia. That being said I'm surprised that I like the British pop-influenced songs more than the dance ones. End of an Era, These Walls, Falling Forever, and Happy for You are nice listens.

 

I do think though that her voice isn't quite up to handling some of these songs, and I don't mean technique-wise (though Falling Forever is a little tough through headphones). Some of the more delicate productions I think would be better served by a brighter and lighter voice that's more at ease in that mode. Intonation and restraint aren't exactly Dua's strong suits which is what I think that kind of production and those melodies call for. She's still carrying the songs, they just sound a little mismatched to me.

Edited by Blueberry Kisses

3 minutes ago, nooniebao said:

 

It's been posted already darling. 💋

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.