Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (โ‹ฎ) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

Featured Replies

39 minutes ago, Iris said:

Not really. It does sound very Eurovision friendly; in fact, I would even go as far as to argue it could be a potential winner. It's a missed opportunity on Dua's part.

ย 

She could've also tried her luck with massive bangers such as Houdini, Illusion or even Training Season but Eurovision crowds would likely not appreciate them while Falling Forever on the other hand is just right up their alley.

Girl Eurovision is for smaller acts trying to breakthrough or has-beens, not top-tier world popstars :dies:

ย 

39 minutes ago, PotatoPancake420 said:

Even if it did sound like a Eurovision song, most of her audience doesn't watch so this is not the read you think it isย 

Uhm, most of Dua's fanbase are European gays which, I can bet my life on, are also ESC fans.ย 

  • Replies 12.1k
  • Views 842k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Gyro Zeppeli
    Gyro Zeppeli

    I'm screaming ย 

  • BlackoutZone
    BlackoutZone

  • Gays today would see the Frozen music video and then the Ray of Light album cover afterwards and be like "none of this is cohesive, this is all so badly planned, I thought she was going for a gothic l

12 minutes ago, bluebirdsforever said:

My dumb ass thought those were actual animatronic sharks in those damn pools ๐Ÿ˜ญ I need to go to bed STAT

They're not animatronic! They actually released live sharks to promote the album

3 minutes ago, _Fey said:

Are they not

ย 

spacer.png

You know what, letโ€™s go with that

ย 

spacer.png

Just now, Cain said:

They're not animatronic! They actually released live sharks to promote the album

Yeah those were the same sharks from Work B*tch video Evil Smile GIF

4 minutes ago, Nashe said:

Girl Eurovision is for smaller acts trying to breakthrough or has-beens, not top-tier world popstars :dies:

ย 

Uhm, most of Dua's fanbase are European gays which, I can bet my life on, are also ESC fans.ย 

Talking about ESC, Im still manifesting Dua to be interval act on finals !

******* Target sent me an email saying my CD shipped only for it to be only a "label created".

ย 

Can't wait for AOTY!!

those of us with taste have been perched since Godini :duca: can't believe it's only 1 more day away

ย 

ย 

i wonder if she's gonna milk this era as long as FN :rip:

I haven't heard the leaks or snippets but hoping the album tracks are more in line with what she described (Primal Scream and Massive Attack influenced) because the singles all could fit comfortably on FN. I don't dislike them but they are all pretty boring and understated for what I know she's capable of. All feel very safe.ย 

21 minutes ago, Cain said:

They're not animatronic! They actually released live sharks to promote the album

Queen of animal rights omg, sharks are friends yes indeed

ย 

spacer.png

21 minutes ago, Cain said:

They're not animatronic! They actually released live sharks to promote the album

It's true, I pushed a colleague I don't like into the canal in Amsterdam and the shark thanked me for the mealย 

25 minutes ago, Cain said:

They're not animatronic! They actually released live sharks to promote the album

It's true, I was there at Bondi!

1 hour ago, Iris said:

Not really. It does sound very Eurovision friendly; in fact, I would even go as far as to argue it could be a potential winner. It's a missed opportunity on Dua's part.

ย 

She could've also tried her luck with massive bangers such as Houdini, Illusion or even Training Season but Eurovision crowds would likely not appreciate them while Falling Forever on the other hand is just right up their alley.

Here's the issue with "already made it" big acts doing Eurovision:-


If you win everyone goes "well of course Ed Sheeran/Dua/Raye/ etc etc, won. They're Ed/Dua/Raye it's like turning up at the battle of Agincourt with a multiple rocket launch system". Easy peasy.

ย 

On the other hand if a novelty act wins that year because, well it's Eurovision, there you are left as a megastar, acidly smiling from the losers' seats to 100M people, as three toothless Moldovan grannies with harps, or a Lithuanian thrash metal band dressed as purple sheep take the plaudits

ย 

You cannot win either way, so they're not going to do it.

Edited by Vermouth

9 minutes ago, Hex said:

I haven't heard the leaks or snippets but hoping the album tracks are more in line with what she described (Primal Scream and Massive Attack influenced) because the singles all could fit comfortably on FN. I don't dislike them but they are all pretty boring and understated for what I know she's capable of. All feel very safe.ย 

I'd say from what I've heard on Twitter and the snippets themselves, the other tracks sound very differentโ€ฆ

ย 

However, whenever you stick to dance-pop or upbeat pop as a whole, you're bound to have a discography that is close in sound. Not everyone is Beyoncรฉ, Janet, Gaga, Madonna, etc.

Speaking of Eurovision, Kosovo is in the talks of debuting next year...... hmm I can think of one Kosovo-descended mega pop star

ย 

doing-math-wrong-answer.gif

1 minute ago, Pendulum said:

Speaking of Eurovision, Kosovo is in the talks of debuting next year...... hmm I can think of one Kosovo-descended mega pop star

ย 

doing-math-wrong-answer.gif

The only way Dua would perform in ESC is as a star interval act on final, not as contestant, come on now LOL

ย 

Last time Sweden hosted they had Justin Timberlake, I think to have Dua this year would be great, also for Dua since its week after album release

Some of these interviews this era being longer than the albumย :rip:

7 minutes ago, LanaXtinaFan said:

Some of these interviews this era being longer than the albumย :rip:

Your point being that the album is short or the interviews are long? You are wrong either way because that's a normal lengthย for both scenarios.

It just passed into the 90s. There's something different about Houdini, Training Season and Illusion when it is so hot outside and you're driving with the windows down.ย :gayalipacat5:

15 minutes ago, LanaXtinaFan said:

Some of these interviews this era being longer than the albumย :rip:

Dead โ˜ ๏ธย 

24 minutes ago, LanaXtinaFan said:

Some of these interviews this era being longer than the albumย :rip:

Stop complaining, and that's coming from me of all people

ย 

OT: the interview with the gays was so fun, queen of personality :jonny:

ย 

ย 

Waste opportunity not to use the "iconic Dua" dance move haha

ย 

3ef.gif

ย 

Edited by mike_int

I genuinely don't get the backlash for this album or it's singles. I have always loved Dua for her dance pop music. And the singles really delivered on that promise. I understand if people prefer FN singles but personally I love what Kevin Parker has done on the production side of things. I also understand if people don't think it's a departure in terms of sound just like Dua is claiming but that doesn't mean it's not good or decent. It all has to do with expectations and the only thing I expected from her was fun catchy dance pop songs and that's exactly what she delivered.ย 

  • Popular Post

brain rot has infected too many of you on here. who cares about the numbers when she's about to release her cuntiest album ever? please just enjoy the musicย 

ย 

spacer.png

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions โ†’ Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.