Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

Featured Replies

  • Replies 12.1k
  • Views 842k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Gyro Zeppeli
    Gyro Zeppeli

    I'm screaming  

  • BlackoutZone
    BlackoutZone

  • Gays today would see the Frozen music video and then the Ray of Light album cover afterwards and be like "none of this is cohesive, this is all so badly planned, I thought she was going for a gothic l

What can i say about Miss Lipa? 
Genesis was a highlight for me when i first heard it. 
I remember listening to Blow Your Mind and New Rules with some of my friends in the car and we all stanned. 
New Rules blew up, i thought the video was phenomenal. 
I became a casual stan. 
Her dancing meme with One Kiss was and still is hilarious and made me think she was really cool.

I remember i was in college in the 8 B building when she was teasing Don't Start Now and i was so excited to listen to the snippets.

Don't Start Now came out and I thought it was a good song.

Then i started noticing a lot of women in my school using Dua Lipa as a reference for their own work. Which, is a reference i can get on board with. I stanned their songs.

Physical came out and I thought it was great. Being in FN era and Rare era at the same time was a lot of fun.

When FN came out, i was happy it was pushed up a week since i was going through it as we all were during the pandemic and having a great album come out during the first few days of the pandemic was awesome.

Levitating was my instant favorite from FN. Break My Heart i always thought was an amazing song and bigger than a lot of people give it credit for.

I was very happy Levitating did not go #1 and made a GIF i thought was very funny at the time all in good fun.

When i was able to go to the clubs they played Dua A LOT. And i really enjoyed listening to Dua at the club. 
We're Good came out and i thought it was one of her best videos and i loved hearing it on the radio. 
I also pieced together that Dua and Selena have worked with a lot of the same people and potentially that might be why i really enjoyed Dua's production and writing. 
Cold Heart was a magical experience at the clubs.

When Dance The Night came out i thought it was a bit childish but it really grew on me over time. I saw the Barbie movie 3 times in theatres. Twice in English and once in Spanish. I thought it was funnier in English. 
When Houdini came out i thoroughly enjoyed it but didn't get the advertising and descriptions for it at all. 
I kinda got over it quickly. 
When Training Season came out i would listen to both songs and they sounded great together. 
When Illusion came out i decided to officially get hyped for the album. The Illusion video is the only video i thought was to my taste.

I don't know what to expect from this album, she seems to be telling a love story, which i like, but i still don't understand the connection to the Radical Optimism title. 
And anyways i'm excited.

7 hours ago, Cain said:

I loveeeeee the snippets promo, the shark :jonny: and ofc Amsterdam making it, we STAN her

You are from Amsterdam?

I wanted to rank the singles prior to the release of the album. I love all three singles truly. Training Season and Illusion were instant for me. Houdini took 4 months before it clicked for me but I still supported it! I will rank the full album after a week. 
 

I ranked each song from 1-10 (10 highest) for instrumental, lyrics, vocals, melodies and overall vibe. The results are listed below. 
 

Houdini:

Instrumental: 10/10

Lyrics: 8/10

Vocals: 8/10

Melodies: 7/10

Vibe: 10/10

Average: 8.4/10

 

Training Season:

Instrumental: 8.5/10

Lyrics: 10/10

Vocals: 9/10

Melodies: 9.5/10

Vibe: 9/10

Average : 9.2/10

 

Illusion:

Instrumental: 7/10

Lyrics: 8/10

Vocals: 8/10

Melodies: 9/10

Vibe: 10/10

Average: 8.4/10

 

Personally: 

Training Season > Illusion > Houdini 

 

We were served top quality. Can't wait to hear the rest of the album! 

There is a Japanese version of the album and it features London Sessions of Illusion, if anyone can find international purchase options for it (like CDJapan) please let me know

https://www.billboard-japan.com/goods/detail/733574

8 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

There is a Japanese version of the album and it features London Sessions of Illusion, if anyone can find international purchase options for it (like CDJapan) please let me know

https://www.billboard-japan.com/goods/detail/733574

So Illusion London Session exist :duca: I hope it gets released this Friday.... its time for this song to smash!

I need the album now!! How many more hours? Has anyone received their CDs? 
 

 

38 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

There is a Japanese version of the album and it features London Sessions of Illusion, if anyone can find international purchase options for it (like CDJapan) please let me know

https://www.billboard-japan.com/goods/detail/733574

Oh wow! Japan always gets the good stuff.

the first teaser (the miss me? picture) was posted 203 days ago :rip:

27 minutes ago, SayIt said:

I need the album now!! How many more hours? Has anyone received their CDs? 
 

 

A little less than 14 hours for NZ

Houdini - TS - Illusion is the best single run in recent pop culture history sawry.

 

Just listened to GODini yesterday and WHEW 

9 minutes ago, _Fey said:

Everyone got their tickets booked for NZ tomorrow? :gaycat3:

Catch me or I go... 

 

Use my Kiribatian VPN :allears:

i be like OOOooo0ooOo. it's amuuuuusing. you think i'm gonna wait til radical optimism is out in my time zone to LIiiiIiiiIiiiiiisten

Pains me that tomorrow we'll have three fabulous, improved extended versions plus 8 way-too-short, no-breathing-room additional songs. Oh well,maybe an extended album version in the future 

45 minutes ago, sneakyishere said:

A little less than 14 hours for NZ

Time to tell the government to close the borders

 

giphy.gif

About to check the mail to see if the Lenticular CD was delivered today. I am radically optimistic that it is sitting in the mailbox waiting for me:eddie:

 

I will keep you guys posted

43 minutes ago, _Fey said:

Everyone got their tickets booked for NZ tomorrow? :gaycat3:

When I visited NZ, I got a number from there and created a Spotify account to get first access to midnight releases

 

:gayoncecat3:

Hey y'all! Did we get the length duration for the album/songs? If so, can someone post it please. 

The promo with the live sharks everywhere was brilliant, she's coming really hard with all these promos :gaygacat5:

Houdini -> Illusion -> Training Season

I liked training season in the beginning but don't like it as much anymore. Still in luv with houdini. So exciteddd for the album 🫡💗

11 minutes ago, GreenFrequncey said:

Hey y'all! Did we get the length duration for the album/songs? If so, can someone post it please. 

It's under the track-listing on Wikipedia!

 

The album is about 37 minutes. 9 of the songs being over 3 minutes, 1 song over 4 minutes, and 1 song only at 2:20

 

Edited by PotatoPancake420

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.