Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (โ‹ฎ) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Is Christmas Overrated?

is christmas overrated? 83 members have voted

  1. 1. is it?

    • it is overrated
      46%
    • no, i enjoy it
      53%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

i like christmas but christmas eve is definitely overrated, i dont like christmas food and where i live we have a hot christmas so thats even worse (i literally spotted a cockroach on my bathroom bc its summertime)

ย 

sorry christmas lovers thoย 

  • Replies 49
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • prรฉzli
    prรฉzli

    Yes. Just look at music. Christmas music is the worst. And it exists because of Christmas.

  • At least for me, the โ€žmagicโ€œ of Christmas is still alive. ย  -The house gets cleaned top to bottom and everyone in the family helps - The festive Christmas lights and decoration in the h

  • KatyPrismSpirit
    KatyPrismSpirit

    I dont like the hysteria around christmas. people hoarding expensive food and gifts, getting all these decorations, dressing extremely formal etc. i just like a chill day with family and playing games

For me - no.

It's a time to truly rest and spend some time with my family.ย 

I wouldn't say it's overrated but it should be less forced down on people's throat, especially people that can't celebrate for a reason or another and that they're dealing with a dark moment of their life, not to mention the consumerist-materialistic aspect of it that these days it has became too much with this pressure of having to gift a present to someone at every cost that majority of the time end up to be always something that is not needed or appreciated.

yeah, it lost its magic awhile ago. idk, not to be a drinch (duck grinch) but certain holidays just donโ€™t feel the way they used to feel. and itโ€™s not because Iโ€™m just disillusioned. like other days of the year feel spectacular, such as a few days during pride month and the first cold day of autumn and new yearโ€™s and my birthday, which is the day after new yearโ€™s! but christmas (and halloween too for that matter) just arenโ€™t special to me anymoreย 

5 hours ago, Venice B said:

Yes. I hate the two last weeks of the year because of all this performative happiness. I know it's time to celebrate and be thankful but I just can't enjoy it. These are the days I'd rather be alone and just enjoy some peace & quiet.

you hit the nail on the head here

ย 

as a kid I feel like the magic was more easily palpable because of youthful naรฏvetรฉ but unfortunately itโ€™s so easy to see how put on this โ€œholiday spiritโ€ is. the new year is where the actual magic comes in, cause itโ€™s a tabula rasa in a lot of ways. this is just a more depressing, sobering couple of days which make me feel guilt and contemplation over my year instead of festivity. I think if christmas wasnโ€™t at the tail end of the year, Iโ€™d find it easier to enjoy than i currently do. like if it were a few days after thanksgiving or like the first week of december, Iโ€™d enjoy it far more at this point

ย 

No. It's a beautiful holiday that gives people the opportunity to lift spirits up.ย 

ย 

It's totally ok if you don't like it though. You're more than welcome to create your own holiday instead. Buster Baxter did that during the Arthur's Perfect Christmas special.ย 

All the lights and holiday decorations are nice to see especially since it gets dark at like 4pm now.

A holiday is never overrated if it means rest from work but lemme say, xmas can be a stressful time for adults and I've never been into it for a couple of reasons. I'm not really cool with my distant family so besides forcing myself to tell merry xmas to a few people (just for courtesy) it's just like another holiday for me. But i love the food.

As you grow older, yeah - but that's also more because of the forced family gatherings

Itโ€™s really only overrated if you give into the overratedness that consumers December. If you can get past that, itโ€™s a lovely time to reconnect with family and friends.ย 

Not for me, I love how everyone seems to gather and be grateful after such a long year. Itโ€™s a time for me to appreciate what I have and just enjoy family and friends.

ย 

I absolutely adore this time of year. Itโ€™s when I can get my mind off the worst parts of life and just get a week of peace.

No I like cheesy Christmas holiday movies on Hallmark lmao

I've come to appreciate it more in the past couple of years. I'm still not a fan of forceful gifts, I feel like if you want to give something to someone it's because you thought of them and it could come at any time of the year.

I don't understand people saying Halloween is better?ย Halloween is just a day where people get dressed up in costumes they'll never wear again. Maybe it's different in the US, but Halloween comes and goes and I barely notice it happens most years. Christmas has a whole festive vibe going along with it and you'll usually do a fair number of Christmassy things in the run up to it and around the day itself. Like others have said it's a nice opportunity to come together with people and you get some days off work

I like it. It's a good way to get through the dark cold winter days by making everything colorful and getting together with people. I also like that work basically stands still for the Xmas week.

ย 

I dislike Xmas music though and hate that it's so extremely dominating for 2 months basically. Such a waste.ย 

No, it's my favorite holiday. It's perfectly rated, in my opinion. It does require effort to enjoy, however. You can't just sit at home by yourself without decorating, engaging in Christmas activities, attempting to connect with people and just living common everyday life and complain about how it doesn't feel like Christmas.

  • ATRL Moderator

no Valentines Day is the most overrated โ€œholidayโ€.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions โ†’ Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.