Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Is Taylor Swift overrated?

Featured Replies

30 minutes ago, Lana Banana said:

I really want to ask how is Lana Del Rey not doing the same? Like, because of that I feel like Taylor has no novelty to her and a lot of it is forced (the obvious media relationships). 

I think this is when the "dumber" songs come to play. For some reason, the GP really loves Shake it off, cruel summer, 22, etc, and Taylor knows it. She makes childish lyrics in order to survive in the industry, because her simpler songs give her music more exposure.

 

But Taylor herself has admitted that she ADMIRES Lana with all her heart, basically hinting that Lana's better than her. I don't think Lana is interested in this amount of exposure, though. 

  • Replies 152
  • Views 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Steve Johnson
    Steve Johnson

    She deserves more success. 

  • I want the same kind of thread and essays about other ATRL favourite like Beyonce, Lady GaGa, Rihanna etc. since those artists, in my opinion, are also overrated.   To answer your question,

  • MidnightsAtPeace
    MidnightsAtPeace

    No. In fact, she's so underrated as an artist. people usually choose to ignore how talented she is. she is a gifted musician who's fully capable of writing, producing, composing, and playing multiple

All these 'elementary lyrics' yet only a handful in the industry are able to rival her lyrical capability. Are your faves not able to even have the lyrical capacity of an elementary school student?

I loved her during 1989 and Reputation, but her recent success after that seems overrated 

  • Author
1 hour ago, taylorrrr said:

All these 'elementary lyrics' yet only a handful in the industry are able to rival her lyrical capability. Are your faves not able to even have the lyrical capacity of an elementary school student?

You really think you did something here :toofunny2:

11 minutes ago, Lana Banana said:

You really think you did something here :toofunny2:

And you think you did something by creating this thread? Go enjoy your ***** Im Madonna or something lyrics:coffee2:

  • Author
3 minutes ago, taylorrrr said:

And you think you did something by creating this thread? Go enjoy your ***** Im Madonna or something lyrics:coffee2:

Ok, taylorrrrrrrr
 

I’m sorry that you have to feel petty for no reason here or that I triggered you. 
 

Also ***** I’m Madonna is not really a drag, Madonna made that song 30 years into her career and is touring with that song 40 years into her career. I don’t know what you’re trying here, still.

Edited by Lana Banana

One of the most overrated artist ever. Like i said before, she doesn’t have the catalogue or the music that deserves any of this. Midnights going 2 platinum is enough for how bad that album is. If Miley or Demi released that album it would be around 600.000 now 

How is she overrated on ATRL when she's constantly looked down on this forum? 

 

Reality is that Taylor is seeing all her achievements happening only because of her music and hard work.

 

I would say she is overrated if everything about her didn't match. But she's just got it all: rave reviews for her tours, albums, films, GP stanning her music and tour and films, the industry giving her the most honorable awards etc... It's a congregation of praise coming from every single angle. You don't get that by not living up to the hype. 

16 minutes ago, Lana Banana said:

Ok, taylorrrrrrrr
 

I’m sorry that you have to feel petty for no reason here or that I triggered you. 
 

Also ***** I’m Madonna is not really a drag, Madonna made that song 30 years into her career and is touring with that song 40 years into her career. I don’t know what you’re trying here, still.

Imagine thinking I'm the petty one when I'm not the one who comes with a lame-ass  'you think you did something over there' argument :rip:

  • Author
35 minutes ago, taylorrrr said:

Imagine thinking I'm the petty one when I'm not the one who comes with a lame-ass  'you think you did something over there' argument :rip:

Imagine thinking you did something by saying “imagine thinking” :clown:

 

All my arguments/questions are in the OP and with your attention span of a goldfish, you have failed to address any of them, I assume you listen to TS TikTok versions on your headphones, too. 

Edited by Lana Banana

We just had a thread in which a plethora of.. users claim she has several albums better than Butterfly :deadbanana: If that doesn't answer you question I don't know what will 

 

Her working hard and achieving huge success is one thing but to have the audacity to use that to pretend her puerile output is close to that of great artist that have come before her, let alone the musicality, vocabulary, harmonies and vocal delivery of freaking Mariah carey is beyond the realm of absurdity. 
 

I literally have not seen this level of complete ignorance and delusion in 10 years of browsing this forum. These snots collectively deserve a hard face slap to reality. 

9 hours ago, Lana Banana said:

Imagine thinking you did something by saying “imagine thinking” :clown:

 

All my arguments/questions are in the OP and with your attention span of a goldfish, you have failed to address any of them, I assume you listen to TS TikTok versions on your headphones, too. 

You mention 'elementary school lyrics', I refute your argument and you're the one that went 'You think you did that' without any disprove. Who's the one that failed to address whose concern? Seems like you're the one with the goldfish attention span.  

  • Author
1 hour ago, taylorrrr said:

You mention 'elementary school lyrics', I refute your argument and you're the one that went 'You think you did that' without any disprove. Who's the one that failed to address whose concern? Seems like you're the one with the goldfish attention span.  

You know what :toofunny2:

16 hours ago, getBusy said:

Why are you so butthurt? I gave my opinion. The Grammys will not be taking it into account. Midnights will still be nominated. You need a therapist :heart:

I’m sorry do you usually not discuss pop music opinions on a pop music forum? :kitty:

23 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

Even stans have to admit the music doesn’t live up to the hype, although it rarely does for the biggest artists lbr.

Why would they have to admit that? If anything the level to which people actually consumer her music shows that people are here for her music in the first place. 

 

It's really interesting how ATRL just can't seem to deal with the fact that people like Taylor Swift, a musician, for her music 

3 minutes ago, Dephira said:

Why would they have to admit that? If anything the level to which people actually consumer her music shows that people are here for her music in the first place. 

 

It's really interesting how ATRL just can't seem to deal with the fact that people like Taylor Swift, a musician, for her music 

Just because something is popular doesn’t make it good. Do we also have to accept that the MCU makes the most amazing movies ever because, up until recently, people went to the theater to see them?

7 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Just because something is popular doesn’t make it good. Do we also have to accept that the MCU makes the most amazing movies ever because, up until recently, people went to the theater to see them?

No one said anything about quality which is very subjective anyway. Taylor's fame is mostly based on streams, album sales, tours and actual music consumption. By definition, her music lives up to the hype because her hype is about the music. 

4 minutes ago, Dephira said:

No one said anything about quality which is very subjective anyway. Taylor's fame is mostly based on streams, album sales, tours and actual music consumption. By definition, her music lives up to the hype because her hype is about the music. 

So by that logic the MCU lives up to the hype because the hype is about the movies? Her hype is heavily tied to her celebrity relationships as well (she’s had more than all my faves combined). 

If anything she isn’t overrated because despite her astonishing success she’s under appreciated by a lot of non-swifties.

 

I think the GP only sees her like this huge pop star and forgets about her actual talent.

 

We should praise her more x2.

 

Edited by Disconnect

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.