Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (โ‹ฎ) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Is Taylor Swift overrated?

Featured Replies

Even stans have to admit the music doesnโ€™t live up to the hype, although it rarely does for the biggest artists lbr.

Edited by GraceRandolph

  • Replies 152
  • Views 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Steve Johnson
    Steve Johnson

    She deserves more success.ย 

  • I want the same kind of thread and essays about other ATRL favourite like Beyonce, Lady GaGa, Rihanna etc. since those artists, in my opinion, are also overrated. ย  To answer your question,

  • MidnightsAtPeace
    MidnightsAtPeace

    No. In fact, she's so underrated as an artist. people usually choose to ignore how talented she is. she is a gifted musician who's fully capable of writing, producing, composing, and playing multiple

She is the equivalent of white bread. Cheap and easily attainable.

This is a fascinating question, I've never heard it asked on an internet forum before

55 minutes ago, CBC said:

ย 

Random post on a random page. Just shows me how weak the Swifties on here are :rip:ย 

I personally find her overrated but I usually like vocalists.

i agree that she actually needs to be more successful. sheโ€™s an amazing artist.

To me no ... she's the only mainstream artist I actually still adore.

ย 

ย 

8 minutes ago, Daddy said:

Random post on a random page. Just shows me how weak the Swifties on here are :rip:ย 

oh honey... i just wanted to show that she is indeed the mcdonalds of pop

rEKvLrw.thumb.gif.d26bdc4171b9dd2fa362e5

ย 

ot: absolutely

29 minutes ago, getBusy said:

Thatโ€™s not the only way but go off sis

Critical acclaim, massive singles, smash accompanying tour, streaming records still havenโ€™t been matched

ย 

but ATRL user getBusy has a vibe they donโ€™t like so I guess that matters more or something?

  • Author
24 minutes ago, Beyonnaise said:

This is a fascinating question, I've never heard it asked on an internet forum before

You must feel so quirky hehe ^___^

14 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

ย 

ย 

but ATRL user getBusy has a vibe they donโ€™t like so I guess that matters more or something?

Why are you so butthurt? I gave my opinion. The Grammys will not be taking it into account. Midnights will still be nominated. You need a therapistย :heart:

  • Author
34 minutes ago, Sebastiรกn Muรฑoz said:

I would like to add something else, there is a virtue that she has that a lot of people underestimate: her authenticity and honesty.

ย 

Music nowadays is not about being all over the top with brutal performances basically showing how exceptional I am and how everyone should admire me (Britney back in the day, Adele, Gaga). It's more about fans connecting with your words, believing in the sincerity behind them.ย  That's why Taylor, and other artists like Billie, are having an amazing rate of success: because people believe in their music, and their songs make them cry, make them feel a cathartic feeling, because they understand what Taylor is singing about, they understand the hidden messages and what person she is talking about, etc. They believe that what she is saying is genuine.ย 

ย 

That's another thing that I admire about her: in a time when being all sexual, showing your body and singing about boobs was a synonym of success, she stayed true to her essence. Even if she didn't know if she could succeed with the rerecording projects, she stayed true to what she believed was the right thing to do (I thought it was a really bad idea, because it would devaluate her music A LOT. Later I found out I was in the wrong side of history, haha). In a time when a lot of artists were singing catchy and really good bops that they didn't write, she stayed true to keep writing her music.

ย 

So, basically that's it. Yes, a lot of her fans (maybe the majority) find ME! annonying as hell, I hate that song. But we understand why she wrote that song, we understand the story behind it. Just like with Shake it off, it all seems cringy sometimes, but it all seems like pure and honest fun: she makes honest art.

ย 

Edit: I've got some songs I'd recommend if you want to keep getting into the whole Taylormania vibe: Tolerate it, Better Man, Exile, Breathe, Last Kiss, Marjorie, Treacherous, Mastermind, You are on your own, kid.

ย 

Remember, is not about the rhythm, it's about the lyrics.ย 

I really want to ask how is Lana Del Rey not doing the same? Like, because of that I feel like Taylor has no novelty to her and a lot of it is forced (the obvious media relationships).ย 

  • ATRL Moderator

Has this forum not just become one extended fight about whether Taylor Swift is overrated?

Is McDonald's overrated?

Is water wet?

ย 

The answer is yes Ms. Lana Bananaย 

:khalyan:

Anyone that thinks that is entitled to their own opinion even if many of us disagree, other than that, go enjoy whatever suits your taste, instead of this never ending continuous bitching, because whatโ€™s the point?ย :toofunny2:
If you dislike someone, then why camp in their threads?

No, I don't think so. She's one I both passively and actively enjoy, and I always find myself being captivated by her whenever I listen to an album from her or hear her on the radio. She has talent, charisma and makes genuinely great music. This is a case where someone talented is getting the attention and praise that they actually do deserve.

Yes. She canโ€™t sing. She canโ€™t dance. She canโ€™t come up with anything new; sheโ€™s quite literally releasing the same albums she did years ago.ย 

3 minutes ago, wildsidenormani said:

Yes. She canโ€™t sing. She canโ€™t dance. She canโ€™t come up with anything new; sheโ€™s quite literally releasing the same albums she did years ago.ย 

B-b-but streaming numbers!!!! The Beatles!!!! Eras Tour!!!!ย 

taylor swift is literally one of the best artists (if not the best) the 21st century has produced. she writes quality lyrics and her songs are highly relatable across any demographic you can think of, she is unproblematic for the most part (if you exclude her behavior from past eras at least you can label her as an unproblematic artist) and shes kind to her fans and has been smart enough to build a relationship with them since she started out and thus it explains the monstrosity of her latest accolades. its all fruition from the efforts shes put in since her debut days

ย 

also i cant wrap my head around ppl disliking her solely because her lyrics and overall style of music seems too vanilla, not everything has to please you and people have different tastes, i find her music incredibly great just as many others do. why do we as a community have to put so much emphasis on delivery iconic looks? fashion people are there for that, shes a singer and the main duty that shall be met is delivering great music and connecting with her fans, and she nails at that if you ask me.

8f3f09218f36d88712a5ba765cbc1d3cd574549e

ย 

ย 

Just know that whenever you girlies make these threads it just further cements Her legendary status and that She is in fact NOT overrated. The more you hate the more powerful She becomes. Thankies.

ย 

jD5WmXn.gif

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions โ†’ Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.