Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Why are Swifties called racists exactly?

Featured Replies

I've seen this crap several times on here recently and i don't get why those accusations are even allowed. Where's the proof that there's a a lot of racists within the fandom? Where does this even come from to begin with when i have yet to see ANY racism whatsoever by any Swiftie on here? 

  • Replies 48
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • RihFenty20
    RihFenty20

    Because they stan the “Aryan Goddess” 

  • HASHTAGPOW
    HASHTAGPOW

    Because they are  

  • And exactly why is this picture scary? If I post a picture of Beyoncé fans and called the Hive scary, I’m sure I will be banned for a few months at least.   Like I said in my previous post,

Honestly, when the neonazis paraded her as their icon and she didn’t speak out it kind of cemented her as an Aryan idol. Back when she went political and went against Trump she should have used an INCH of her power and decried racism on a major scale. Call it for what it is. So I see why her fans get labeled as that…technically I know a lot of

My people that love her music but won’t stan for that same reason. As smart as she is I’d be a fool to think she wasn’t at least AWARE of how her image was being misrepresented. Is it fair for her fans? Not entirely but if y’all don’t call her out to speak out then what else is there? 

I know it’ll be hard to for ATRL to accept given his recent behavior but they have notoriously been racist towards Kanye in the past in the name of “defending her honor” or whatever they want to call it :cm:

The toxic ones are the reason why Zero Tolerance Policy was enforced oprah-shrug.gif

Honestly, I feel that racism accusations are being thrown around so casually in online spaces that the current racist movement in the US is a directly backlash against this. :giraffe:
 

Look at the charts rn, you basically will smash on the charts if you start being racist.

Have you ever heard of SYG? (genuine question)

Edited by Virgos Groove

Because there’s always a few bad apples in every fanbase. Taylor/Swifties are more vulnerable to the accusations because she got her start in country music which is heavily dominated by white artists and fans.

  • Author
1 hour ago, RihFenty20 said:

Because they stan the “Aryan Goddess” 

What does that even mean? :toofunny3:

I would like to post detailed receipts but then I don't want to deal with -30 reports 

 

The long and short of it is:

 

-Taylor's /choice/ to stay silent or "apolitical" for YEARS, when she had a gigantic platform; choosing not to vehemently rebuke white supremacists who clung on to her (this isn't her fault that they did, but she ABSOLUTELY did delay the condemnation);

-Tay's white feminism;

-Demographics of the genre she started out in (country);

-Swifties having a lot of "isolated incidents" irl - you can argue this is because the base is larger than most, and has more weirdos, but still;

-Swifties engaging in a lot of documented harassment and microaggressions online (again, you can make the above bad apples argument if you want). 

 

There are honestly more things - her image, the way she chooses to selectively engage with idpol, and of course, the sound. 

 

This isn't to say that every Swiftie is racist - that's obv a stan war'd mess (& gets so deeply under y'alls skin fjvjvj :deadbanana:) but the crux of the issue I think is, that passive proximity to white supremacist attitudes/individual can sometimes read as complicit behaviour, especially when you DO have the power to distance yourself. 

Edited by Phantom

  • Author
1 hour ago, State of Grace. said:

Is this a "post examples of Swifties being racist" thread :rip:

Not at all, i just want to know why there's such blatant accusations like that against the whole fandom when if anything most of the fandom tend to be pretty woke, considering how people reacted to the Matty Healy stuff :deadbanana4:

Honestly there’s not much to drag Taylor for in the last couple years

 

So her base, the color of her skin and other superficial drags are more common now

 

There are obviously some racists in every base, but these type of generalizations are redundant 

  • ATRL Moderator
6 minutes ago, Folklore89sm said:

Because there’s always a few bad apples in every fanbase.

Fair take. 

5 minutes ago, Phantom said:

I would like to post detailed receipts but then I don't want to deal with -30 reports 

 

The long and short of it is:

 

-Taylor's /choice/ to stay silent or "apolitical" for YEARS, when she had a gigantic platform; choosing not to vehemently rebuke white supremacists who clung on to her (this isn't her fault that they did, but she ABSOLUTELY did delay the condemnation);

-Tay's white feminism;

-Demographics of the genre she started out in (country);

-Swifties having a lot of "isolated incidents" irl - you can argue this is because the base is larger than most, and has more weirdos, but still;

-Swifties engaging in a lot of documented harassment and microaggressions online (again, you can make the above bad apples argument if you want). 

 

There are honestly more things - her image, the way she chooses to selectively engage with idpol, and of course, the sound. 

 

This isn't to say that every Swiftie is racist - that's obv a stan war'd mess (& gets so deeply under y'alls skin fjvjvj :deadbanana:) but the crux of the issue I think is, that passive proximity to white supremacist attitudes/individual can sometimes read as complicit behaviour, especially when you DO have the power to distance yourself. 

This! You put my exact thoughts together.

4 minutes ago, Trent W said:

Honestly there’s not much to drag Taylor for in the last couple years

 

So her base, the color of her skin and other superficial drags are more common now

 

There are obviously some racists in every base, but these type of generalizations are redundant 

This is spot on.

  • ATRL Moderator

Taylena downvoting?

They must support this behavior. :mandown:

I think Swifties skew younger, and more Republican due to Taylor’s early apolitical work as well. I just think the fandom, more than any other fandom I’ve seen, will go to ANY length to protect their idol, it sometimes goes WAY beyond petty jabs. I frequently see Swifties mocking Beyoncé’s race outright, if not through veiled comments about her twerking or shaking her weave. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.