Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Worst lead single choices

Featured Replies

  • Replies 63
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Julia Fox said:

 

this.... it's still unbelievable :snowman:

 

Me! I personally like the song but Cruel Summer would help lover not to be only pop album of her so far not to reach 1m first week mark. 
 

accelerate - there are far better songs on Liberation yet she chose the song where she sings for less than 60 seconds. 
 


 

 

Stupid love

PI

Work by Rihanna

Russian Roulette

Maybe youre the  problem

Talk about love:rip:

 

ME! instead of Cruel Summer

MATM instead of Toxic (would've peaked higher and sold the album better)

Not Myself Tonight instead of Woohoo/I Am/You Lost Me

Perfect Illusion instead of... anything else

 

 

Skin of my teeth... not when 29 and Eat Me are right there

 

I didn't mind Dancing with the Devil tho

Also agree with Me! obviously... and Shake It Off too by the way

 

Taylor's leads are questionable

Perfect Illusion, Solar Power and Rise are the biggest wastes of massive hype ever made in pop.

  • ATRL Moderator

ME!.  The worst song of her career and I think it really did affect the overall perception of the album for some people.

5 hours ago, MissedTheTrain said:

ME!.  The worst song of her career and I think it really did affect the overall perception of the album for some people.

Honestly I think it negatively impacted perception of her as an artist in general, and would have damaged her legacy long-term if she didn't course-correct so hard with Folklore. It was that bad :gaycat6:

Not Myself Tonight / Accelerate

 

Bad For Me by Meghan Trainor

 

2 Hearts/ Say Something and All The Lovers by Kylie Minogue.

  • ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Cruel Summer said:

Honestly I think it negatively impacted perception of her as an artist in general, and would have damaged her legacy long-term if she didn't course-correct so hard with Folklore. It was that bad :gaycat6:

Seriously, it's kind of crazy how well she was able to re-direct the public perception of her so quickly :jonny:  ME! is remembered by the stan world, but not the GP thankfully.

All lead singles serve a purpose :cm:

Spoiler

Whether it's good or bad :fan:

 

Stupid Love without that chipmunk sound is actually a very decent song..  but yeah Replay/Alice should have been the lead from Traumatica. It matches the album theme better which about pain and mental health etc.

11 hours ago, Marco_g2 said:

ME! Ft. Brendon Urie of Panic! At The Disco

 

I mean Cruel Summer was right there.... 

This too. Cruel Summer is the ONLY song I still use from that album :deadbanana4:

12 hours ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

Me!

Agreed. Should have been You Need to Calm Down and THEN ME!. Then end era.

11 hours ago, Oktober Knight said:

Give Me All Your Luvin' - like Madge, this was your first shot with a new record label and this is what you choose? 

and the 10 second cameos, so basic for Madonna’s standards. IDGA or something new would have made a bigger splash.

I always kinda liked Perfect Illusion.:cm: Stupid Love is indeed a terrible choice.

12 hours ago, Marco_g2 said:

ME! Ft. Brendon Urie of Panic! At The Disco

 

I mean Cruel Summer was right there.... 

LMAO. Came to say this and what's more criminal?

 

THEY NEVER RELEASED CRUEL SUMMER.

 

I don't know if it was her or her team but somebody was being gaslit.

Bey's Run the World (Girls) when End Of Time, Love On Top and Countdown were right there.

 

Kylie's Slow. She'd finally scored 2 hits in the US with Fever and wasted all momentum there by not choosing Red Blooded Woman as the lead.


I admire Taylor for sticking to her own integrity by releasing a song which she obviously LOVED making and writing as the lead but girlie the audience doesn't want this...
 

 

She had Dark But Just A Game a mid tempo number that wouldve made perfect sense with the post-QFTC and fishermans mask lashings she barely survived from and White Dress WAS LITERALLY RIGHT THEREEEE but no of course she had to go the MAC rehash route 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.