Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

1 minute ago, Josh said:

Giselle repeatedly said the N Word and she came out unscratched. Wendy stereotyped black women she's fine.

no one outside of knetz and a bunch on stans on twitter reported on that 

 

this is getting much bigger 

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

1 minute ago, Josh said:

I'm honestly surprised this happened to TWICE. No one cared this much when Giselle unapologetically said the N word to the camera

She still gets dragged to this day despite apologizing on the official twitter account for anybody to see :rip: maybe use someone else like bts, Momo, Jennie, Heeseung, etc as examples 

Just now, lgaga1fan said:

Why are y'all having a racism off with your faves to defend them once again? Its reminding me of the G-Heil nazi photoshoot

How have I only found this out today :rip:

 

Just now, BTS said:

How have I only found this out today :rip:

 

This happened close to disbandment and Sowon apologized didnt she?

15 minutes ago, BTS said:

BTS have been dragged for this their whole careers. If you think I’m not joining in on the witch-hunt you’d be wrong!

Multiple? Stop making **** up.  RM has one scandal from singing a cover of a Shinhwa song. Which he has been dragged for his whole career and which he has apologied for on multiple occasions. 

Just one? :mandown:

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQgszkruQgcGwnVoFBkq_8

 

1 minute ago, Josh said:

I'm honestly surprised this happened to TWICE. No one cared this much when Giselle unapologetically said the N word to the camera

That's not true. She was dragged a lot by international fans, she acknowledged her mistake and apologized (even though her fans were denying she  lipped the word by zooming in her mouth even though you can see she clearly did :skull:). Of course, it wasn't a big deal in Korea though.

I just remembered that Nicki Minaj/Drake video and literally nobody but ATRLers batted an eyelash

 

Twice is gonna be fine

not TMZ :deadbanana2:

time for twice to go on a hiatus for a while and give us jihyo solo instead :-*

Edited by hallucinate

7 minutes ago, Josh said:

I'm honestly surprised this happened to TWICE. No one cared this much when Giselle unapologetically said the N word to the camera

She never said anything. She mistakenly mouthed a word in a song's lyrics and immediately apologized once she a: realized what she did and b: was appropriately educated and reprimanded by her own fanbase first and foremost more than any "controversy" or hate from other bases.

 

If I was you I'd worry about one of your favs being a pr team for a neo-nazi Christian Cult and the other for a sex trafficking ring ******* weirdo.

Edited by Century

2 minutes ago, Gwendolyn said:

I don't think Red Velvet was pushed in the West the way TWICE was, meaning Wendy's antiblackness never really got checked outside kpop fandoms, I don't remember Giselle's n word scandal making it outside Stan Twitter.

 

Chaeyoung gonna make BBC News next the way things are looking :rip:

Do you think TWICE is at risk of becoming OT8?

1 minute ago, Century said:

She never said anything. She mistakenly mouthed a word and immediately apologized once she a: realized what she did and b: was appropriately educated and reprimanded by her own fanbase first and foremost.

 

If I was you I'd worry about one of your favs being a pr team for a neo-nazi Christian Cult and the other for a sex trafficking ring ******* weirdo.

Oh please Giselle knew what was she doing she wasn't stupid you dont mistakenly mouth the N word by looking at the camera and mouth it

Edited by Josh

2 minutes ago, BTS said:

How have I only found this out today :rip:

 

Idk why Yuju is brought into this when that holocaust line was written by the rapper and she had no say in any of the songwriting there.

1 hour ago, Red Velvet said:

Who sent that to TMZ :rip:

it was obviously an american blink

9 minutes ago, Josh said:

Giselle repeatedly said the N Word and she came out unscratched. Wendy stereotyped black women she's fine.

This is a much wider issue, like on a whole different level. Inadequate usage of the N word, unfortunately, is only a relevant topic in America. 

 

Also, Twice is a gigantic kpop group, not the (at that time) rookies Aespa or niche Red Velvet :deadbanana:

Edited by the good guy_duh

2 minutes ago, Gwendolyn said:

Absolutely not - I think their in it for the long run even if this scandal effects their popularity to a degree in Western Countries.

Chaeyoung surely cannot be this ignorant Idky she did this. 

Anyways, needing to one up each other with racist acts from your faves shows a lack of critical thinking skills (normal in kpop bases i guess). All I've got to say is that it doesn't seem coincidental for her to be wearing a q-anon and swastika shirt in the same week... its pretty embarrassing and tone deaf (at the very least). 

Just now, Green Tea Is Green said:

Not YG putting cameras in these kids' bathroom:rip:

 

Thoughts? @Mel.

3 minutes ago, Josh said:

Oh please Giselle knew what was she doing she wasn't stupid and where did I defend Chaeyoung? 

Just seems odd to bring up an instantly solved non-issue and compare it to your own favs who have constantly tried to bury their ties to an extremely harmful, repressive organization.

 

As for knowing what she did, if she knew what she was doing she wouldn't have immediately corrected the mistake and apologized. I like Twice but the comparisons you're making make no sense when JYP personally stans Donald Trump and Qanon.

1 minute ago, lgaga1fan said:

Anyways, needing to one up each other with racist acts from your faves shows a lack of critical thinking skills (normal in kpop bases i guess). All I've got to say is that it doesn't seem coincidental for her to be wearing a q-anon and swastika shirt in the same week... its pretty embarrassing and tone deaf (at the very least). 

sis you stan for EXO I wouldn't start

if TWICE had actually released a listenable English song that became even a minor hit in the US, this might've spelled the end for TWICE in the US

 

thankfully for the Onces, the vast majority of the American GP still has no idea what a TWICE is. I think they're fine.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.