Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

54 minutes ago, Britney Jean said:

I just checked kprofile and ZB1 members except Zhang Hao are extroverts, they'll be a loud group :deadbanana4:

 

Or they will get tired of idol life and wants to have some quietness here and there and gradually turns into introverts :coffee2:

As an expert on Kim Jiwoong I don’t really see him as an extrovert but anyways

 

spacer.png

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.9m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

2 hours ago, CandyCoatedClouds said:

Did Vernon renounce his American citizenship? Is that why he has to serve?

As far as I knew he move back to Korea at a very young age, and there's sighting show that he possessed Korean passport so that confirmed he's Korean citizen and therefore he has to serve

2 hours ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

2032 :ahh:

 

just all go at once or whatever rather than drag it out for a damn decade 

Exo and SJ teas :deadbanana2:

 

I think they may have plan to go batch by batch while others have unit comeback or whatever that was.

1 hour ago, Somi said:

 

:clap3:

They are so Gen2 coded with this. They pulled a BEAST on us we ate it like it was new

 

 

 

7 hours ago, Antisocialites said:

this show is going to be a ******* mess :rip:

 

So Euphoria but for artists :rip:

1 hour ago, Fadedlights said:

I was watching Xo Kitty and turns out the ML's actor (Choi Minyeong) wasn't originally fluent in English. Granted he lived in Canada for a year as a kid, but he says he learned a lot for the show. If true then damn imagine if more kpop idols could be like him and learn English that well. World domination lol

 

 

Lots of idols do learn English over time, though, and they're generally pretty good at it. It takes a LOT to be fluent in another language (Australian is my mother tongue but I speak three other languages) and even when you're "fluent", it's just nothing like your mother tongue unless you really live in that culture for years. I think that's why idols - who spend like a day in each city around the world - will only get partially fluent, and that's okay.

 

Are you enjoying the show? It looks cute but I don't know if I can stomach another cliche teen drama, lol. I feel like there's been too many in the last few years.

40 minutes ago, elevate said:

Lots of idols do learn English over time, though, and they're generally pretty good at it. It takes a LOT to be fluent in another language (Australian is my mother tongue but I speak three other languages) and even when you're "fluent", it's just nothing like your mother tongue unless you really live in that culture for years. I think that's why idols - who spend like a day in each city around the world - will only get partially fluent, and that's okay.

 

Are you enjoying the show? It looks cute but I don't know if I can stomach another cliche teen drama, lol. I feel like there's been too many in the last few years.

Not “Australian” lmao. Hope you meant English with an Aussie accent. But yup learning another language is not easy, unless it’s a language that uses similar alphabets system as your mother tongue or falls under the same family. 
 

and the show was okay, very predictable and full of your typical teen show cliches, I visibly cringed multiple times. But what was cool was that they combined western and Korean elements in the context of a high school/family drama I guess. In general, the show is very surface level and inserts a kpop song every 5 mins to pander to kpop listeners :rip:

Oh wait I forgot New Jeans is coming to end everyone on July :jonny5:

I-dle is doing really well as well

 

Charts are rly interesting now

With encore and if they do more variety like aespa/lesserafim they can reach #1

 

Love that all three of them succeed

wait newjeans finishing off the 4th gen releases in july :WAP:

baemon will be the finale in august methinks

2 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

wait newjeans finishing off the 4th gen releases in july :WAP:

baemon will be the finale in august methinks

What sound/style do you think BM is gonna have? Do you think they'll be unique or will they follow their sunbaenim?

I imagine Baemon to debut with something like this 

 

 

 

37 minutes ago, ANTIclimatic said:

What sound/style do you think BM is gonna have? Do you think they'll be unique or will they follow their sunbaenim?

I sure hope they do not follow the same 2NE1/BLACKPINK badass girl crush sound and image tbh :deadbanana:

they could be a very vocal centric yg gg. serve us rnb bops!

42 minutes ago, ANTIclimatic said:

What sound/style do you think BM is gonna have? Do you think they'll be unique or will they follow their sunbaenim?

 

:cm:

30 minutes ago, Somi said:

I imagine Baemon to debut with something like this 

 

 

 

Let’s hope not

BABYMONSTER is said to be a vocal focused group and was rumored to have an R&B sound

 

they're gonna show the girls how to SING & PERFORM.

1 hour ago, Witnessed ET said:

Not “Australian” lmao. Hope you meant English with an Aussie accent. But yup learning another language is not easy, unless it’s a language that uses similar alphabets system as your mother tongue or falls under the same family. 
 

and the show was okay, very predictable and full of your typical teen show cliches, I visibly cringed multiple times. But what was cool was that they combined western and Korean elements in the context of a high school/family drama I guess. In general, the show is very surface level and inserts a kpop song every 5 mins to pander to kpop listeners :rip:

Oh, you kinda sold me with the Kpop tbh. I might check it out, but at least I'm aware ahead of time of its cringe :gaycat4:

 

And I DO mean Australian, lol. I feel like our lingo, phrasing, and general attitude towards grammar and vernacular is distinct enough for it to be considered a language on its own (though I wouldn't be willing to argue about it with some Brit, lol).

11 hours ago, Adama said:

The og dress on the runway :bibliahh:
 

 

at this point I believe that Chanel is sabotaging her 

thankfully she has the face sent from the gods 

 

5 hours ago, MonsterNavy said:

wait, the faux twix stan is finally banned from this thread after bullying blinks and saying all blonks should be banned from this thread?

 

image0.gif
 

what happened to the iconic miss century too?

the thread is healing 

 

5 hours ago, MonsterNavy said:

Jennie and Troye looks so goodT :WAP: the cvnty duo

rosé is apparently flying back to france now for another event :deadbanana: 

singapore tour dates, cannes, macau tour dates, korea ysl pop up now back to france like they're just going from seoul to busan:toofunny2:

they have to be so exhausted

solo stans are the worst - demanding the pinks to attend every event possible, but could you imagine travelling this much in a span of one week? their schedules are crazy for some time now

 

I swear, if I see anyone saying that the girls are lazy insta models ever again… :rip:

but hey 

 

NEWJEANS COMEBACK SOON :jonny:

 

and they will receive western push based on the release date :clap3:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.