Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

8 minutes ago, Iridesence said:

I mean I could be wrong, but I don’t feel like Koreans will even be checking out for The Idol like that unless they’re blinks. Were many of them checking out Euphoria?

there's no HBO in korea and they don't pirate stuff 

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.9m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

42 minutes ago, Iridesence said:

I mean I could be wrong, but I don’t feel like Koreans will even be checking out for The Idol like that unless they’re blinks. Were many of them checking out Euphoria?

Euphoria is huge :rip: The idol was already a faillure since day one. I think blinks will not even bother and wait JNKloops to post Jennie’s scenes :gaycat7:

Edited by Dialamba

15 minutes ago, Pikachu said:

 

this looks straight out of the Dreams Come True vid, robot and all :gaycat6:

 

Another one? :deadbanana: How much did Coca Cola pay them?

5 hours ago, elevate said:

Lots of idols do learn English over time, though, and they're generally pretty good at it. It takes a LOT to be fluent in another language (Australian is my mother tongue but I speak three other languages) and even when you're "fluent", it's just nothing like your mother tongue unless you really live in that culture for years. I think that's why idols - who spend like a day in each city around the world - will only get partially fluent, and that's okay.

 

Are you enjoying the show? It looks cute but I don't know if I can stomach another cliche teen drama, lol. I feel like there's been too many in the last few years.

They’re beating you up in the mass quotes, but you’re right because why do Americans act like they don’t understand us when we talk? :gaycat5:

 

My mother tongue is Australian too, but I’ve spent quite a few years learning Mandarin Chinese and I completely agree. Unless you’re using the language everyday or you have a deep understanding of the language from spending a long time in an environment that speaks it as a primary language, it can be very hard to retain. Also there are other factors like some people find it easier to mimic native accents than others etc etc. I really don’t expect K-Pop idols to use up all their time trying to learn English when they have a lot of other skills to build up which are arguably much more important and relevant to their job.

18 minutes ago, Tomek said:

there's no HBO in korea and they don't pirate stuff 

That’s what I thought, I was pretty sure Koreans don’t really care for western shows outside of sitcoms like Friends and the odd WW phenomenon like GOT.

Edited by Iridesence

2 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

Jennie and The Weeknd today at Cannes!

 

FwzzqUeWwAE1dPy?format=jpg&name=large

GORGE!

16 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

Euphoria is huge :rip: The idol was already a d’ailleurs since day one. I think blinks will not even bother and wait JNKloops to post Jennie’s scenes :gaycat7:

Is it really? I tried to find receipts before, but all I could find when I searched was BTS’ Euphoria :deadbanana4:

1 hour ago, kendoll2001 said:

 

I’m glad they did better this time cause Pass The Noise failed to chart in Top 200

Not the photographers doing  fanchant in Cannes :bibliahh:

 

 

Edited by Adama

I've never seen such a badly managed tour in a long time.

How could SM get things THIS wrong :ace:

 

Nugu Stray Kids doing a 2-day FANMEETING on KSPO Dome.  Their korean fandom might be underrated 

 

They are aiming Gocheok Sky Dome for next tour :clap3:

 

 

 

 

12 minutes ago, Adama said:

Not the photographers doing  fanchant in Cannes :bibliahh:

 

"American singer" :dies:

21 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

Jennie and The Weeknd today at Cannes!

 

FwzzqUeWwAE1dPy?format=jpg&name=large

This dress is not giving :biblio: 

4 minutes ago, Sept said:

This dress is not giving :biblio: 

ms thang needs to leave chanel's ass asap cause...

She better than me I would’ve strutted my ass straight to the middlejxgiyxici!!! She is too humble :dies:

 

 

 

23 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

 

I just saw you posted about it before me :dies:

2 minutes ago, Adama said:

She better than me I would’ve strutted my ass straight to the middlejxgiyxici!!! She is too humble :dies:

 

 

 

damn her power :jonny5:

Alexa Demie, Jennie and Lily Rose on the Idol this is a whole new level of cvntiness :WAP:

 

 

25 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

Jennie and The Weeknd today at Cannes!

 

FwzzqUeWwAE1dPy?format=jpg&name=large

Him being tiny makes sense to me.

 

Short kings can be awesome. A shame he is not.

 

 

21 minutes ago, Iridesence said:

Is it really? I tried to find receipts before, but all I could find when I searched was BTS’ Euphoria :deadbanana4:

I know it's the most tweeted about show EVER, so there's that I guess. 

 

 

33 minutes ago, Iridesence said:

They’re beating you up in the mass quotes, but you’re right because why do Americans act like they don’t understand us when we talk? :gaycat5:

 

My mother tongue is Australian too, but I’ve spent quite a few years learning Mandarin Chinese and I completely agree. Unless you’re using the language everyday or you have a deep understanding of the language from spending a long time in an environment that speaks it as a primary language, it can be very hard to retain. Also there are other factors like some people find it easier to mimic native accents than others etc etc. I really don’t expect K-Pop idols to use up all their time trying to learn English when they have a lot of other skills to build up which are arguably much more important and relevant to their job.

Yes, all of this! :clap3:

 

I am the only person in my fam who doesn't speak Dutch fluently and despite learning it for years (like, more than 5 now I guess), I'm really not even CLOSE to where my parents are. They didn't speak it to me as a kid and I've never been there, so it's always been a second language and while I understand everything they say, my cousins refer to me as "a child" when I try to converse with them in it :rip:

 

Someone posted a video a few days ago of Aespa speaking English and I was shocked at how well they all spoke it. This is partly because SM kept these girls in a cage until recently.... but they've all got a basic understanding. Although, it'll take them... a lifetime, really, to get where Giselle is, even if they work at it, considering the demands of the job. And like you said, it's not THAT important for them. What they have is enough.

 

As for the Americans... they think the world revolves around them, lol. 

I hope Jay doesn't do anything to his already perfect face. he's the hotter sexier and actually sexy faced jungkook

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.