Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

The Apple Thread

Featured Replies

The colors on the new iPhone 18 pro look beautiful. I really liked the design when it debuted with the 17 pro but the difference on the back looked too jarring for my liking. These new ones however are perfect for me!

I have the 16 pro now which still works perfectly so I'll probably just wait until next year when they release new phones and the 18 pro will go for cheaper to get it.

  • Replies 1.4k
  • Views 86.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

On 9/10/2026 at 5:08 AM, babyforlife said:

Apparently, the "iPhone 18" name is dead next year. Apple is reportedly rebranding the base model as the iPhone Air. With the MacBook Neo and iPhone Duo already out this year, they're clearly moving toward a unified 3-word naming scheme for their products:

iPhone Neo: The most budget-friendly, entry-level option (replacing the e series)
iPhone Air: The standard, mainstream option (replacing the base iPhone).
iPhone Pro: The feature-rich flagship for advanced users (incorporating the Pro/Max).
iPhone Duo: The ultra-premium, high-end choice for tech enthusiasts (foldable).

On 9/10/2026 at 9:33 AM, supertiffany said:

so if the iPhone Air is the base iPhone, will they still get the same battery capacity which is one of the main features of the base/regular iPhone which is longevity of battery?

I read about this rumor but I'm not really convinced, assuming they manage to fix the Air "flaws" it got criticized for, so putting at least two cameras, extending the battery capacity and putting a stereo speaker with managing to keep the same thin size of the first, it would basically become more premium than the Pro line and I can't see a phone with those features and material (reminder that it's in titanium) in that size being sold for the same range price of the base 17, but not even same price of the Pro line..

(I currently own the Air).

On 9/11/2026 at 8:15 AM, Leptine said:

I read about this rumor but I'm not really convinced, assuming they manage to fix the Air "flaws" it got criticized for, so putting at least two cameras, extending the battery capacity and putting a stereo speaker with managing to keep the same thin size of the first, it would basically become more premium than the Pro line and I can't see a phone with those features and material (reminder that it's in titanium) in that size being sold for the same range price of the base 17, but not even same price of the Pro line..

(I currently own the Air).

yeah i think they can manage the air to be a little bit cheaper, just like Macbook Air during the launch of its new chassis which started at 1199, then 1099, then 999

so they might be able to make that iPhone Air at 899 then 799? which is the price of the base iPhone 17?

either they choose the battery or the speaker, but either they might choose the speaker if they still want to keep the same thinness. if they can make the iPhone 18 Air 6.5mm thin (base iPhone 17 is 8mm thin), then it is still thin enough to fit bigger battery. because the base iPhone 17 screen on time is 8 hours full day while the 17 Air is only at 5 hours.

you are right it will cannibalize the 18 Pro, it seems they can make the iPhone 18 Air with the following: with aluminum chassis to make it cheaper, since this is a refreshed unit they can produce it in lower pricing. the trade off would be, slower chip than the 18 pro maybe binned? but still with extra camera (this one cannot be without it will just make the Air line have much underwhelming sales than the first), the speaker and battery seems to be optional over (tho i prefer the battery even with an increase of thinness more than the current 5.5mm)

7 hours ago, supertiffany said:

yeah i think they can manage the air to be a little bit cheaper, just like Macbook Air during the launch of its new chassis which started at 1199, then 1099, then 999

so they might be able to make that iPhone Air at 899 then 799? which is the price of the base iPhone 17?

either they choose the battery or the speaker, but either they might choose the speaker if they still want to keep the same thinness. if they can make the iPhone 18 Air 6.5mm thin (base iPhone 17 is 8mm thin), then it is still thin enough to fit bigger battery. because the base iPhone 17 screen on time is 8 hours full day while the 17 Air is only at 5 hours.

you are right it will cannibalize the 18 Pro, it seems they can make the iPhone 18 Air with the following: with aluminum chassis to make it cheaper, since this is a refreshed unit they can produce it in lower pricing. the trade off would be, slower chip than the 18 pro maybe binned? but still with extra camera (this one cannot be without it will just make the Air line have much underwhelming sales than the first), the speaker and battery seems to be optional over (tho i prefer the battery even with an increase of thinness more than the current 5.5mm)

I think the air in alluminium would have issues of possible bending, one of the strong feat of the air it's the strongness of titanium that made it extremely resistant to bend, maybe I'm wrong but I feel like it woudn't be convenient for them doing that, I mean changing the base 17 and making it similar to the air, especially considering the iPhone 17 base has been a best seller with the add of Promotion, better battery duration and stereo speaker, while the Air was rejected by the general audience, imo the Air fits more a niche audience in the same way of the Apple Watch Ultra and they should maintain the actual lineup.

8 hours ago, Leptine said:

I think the air in alluminium would have issues of possible bending, one of the strong feat of the air it's the strongness of titanium that made it extremely resistant to bend, maybe I'm wrong but I feel like it woudn't be convenient for them doing that, I mean changing the base 17 and making it similar to the air, especially considering the iPhone 17 base has been a best seller with the add of Promotion, better battery duration and stereo speaker, while the Air was rejected by the general audience, imo the Air fits more a niche audience in the same way of the Apple Watch Ultra and they should maintain the actual lineup.

exactly so i was wondering the rumors of them removing the base and making it an Air, rather have them make it a budget through the Neo line

  • 2 weeks later...

I've had the Airpods Pro 3 since they came out, but for the past month or so, the left one has been deteriorating. Initially, it developed a static/windy sound, though I read to "suck" on the speaker and that would fix it (it did, temporarily). Since then, the volume has lowered significantly. The only way I can hear anything is if I slide the Balance toggle to the left, but obviously, that lowers the volume in the right AirPod. With that being said, I'm over it. I see the Airpods 5 are only $150. I've only been using Pro models since 2020, but it seems the base models have had a lot of significant upgrades over the years. Should I get them? beatfreak

Decided to buy the black iPhone 18 pro & Apple Watch series 12 in light gold gaycat1

I'm a happy homosexual right now

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.