Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Mariah Carey

Featured Replies

  • Replies 14.2k
  • Views 696.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Cleanromantic
    Cleanromantic

    I'm diving into Mariah's discography and my god, the QUALITY   I've always loved the big hits but I had no idea how good her albums were 

  • I honestly thought she'd never release new music again  

  • James_Dean
    James_Dean

    I'm sorry but I did laugh

43 minutes ago, Daydream said:

In the past 32 years I think 2022 must be shaping up to be the most boring year to be a lamb. :rip:

Facts :gaycat6:

32 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

Is that a McDonald's drive thru in the background? :chick2:

1tnjksg.gifAjbicZu.gif

Not ha going from having McDonalds once in 30 years (Mariah-Carey-Mcdonalds-Story-image.jpg) to having a whole ass partnership with them last year and now taking up permanent residency there.

  

Mariah needs a side hustle that gives her more financial freedom musically. The xmas music makes money, but I don't think it's crazy Beyonce billions. 

 

Some of the transition for the outro on THIQUE at 3:40 before it heads into All In Your Mind on Renaissance remind me so much of Givin' Me Life's outro. 

 

2 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

 

  Reveal hidden contents

Caution is better than Renaissance

 


07HhvBE.gif

 

 

It's interesting I've also been thinking a lot about these two albums together. :rip: But sadly I disagree. Portrait is where Caution is let down.

 

I would love Mariah to get more experimental like Renaissance. Caution was stepping out of her comfort zone a little, but she can take it further.

5 minutes ago, Daydream said:

It's interesting I've also been thinking a lot about these two albums together. :rip: But sadly I disagree. Portrait is where Caution is let down.

 

I would love Mariah to get more experimental like Renaissance. Caution was stepping out of her comfort zone a little, but she can take it further.

Completely agreed. It was fun but on a small scale. I think Mariah still has the idea of an album concept being an emotional journey of varying, distinctive emotions with congruent musical accompaniments but Beyonce just dropped a whole ass dance album with a crazy variety, textures, and genres all blended together.

 

Granted, Mariah is NOT that kind of artist and I'd prefer she tries what works for her. But what I love about Bey is she constantly breaks my expectations for what she's capable of. I keep thinking she's amazing within this box that I've placed her in but then she breaks out of that mold and my expectations. I already think the world of Mariah. 

9 minutes ago, Daydream said:

It's interesting I've also been thinking a lot about these two albums together. :rip: But sadly I disagree. Portrait is where Caution is let down.

 

I would love Mariah to get more experimental like Renaissance. Caution was stepping out of her comfort zone a little, but she can take it further.

I was only being half serious.

Though, Mariah dropping a big ass dance album... the gays would self-combust easily :jonny2:

7 years ago today (5 August 2015) Mariah receives her star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

 

?width=630&version=2256990

Damn. Beyoncé shouted out everyone APART from Mariah on the BMS remix. I wonder if it was Madge that said she wouldn't clear the sample if Moo was mentioned.

56 minutes ago, Daydream said:

Damn. Beyoncé shouted out everyone APART from Mariah on the BMS remix. I wonder if it was Madge that said she wouldn't clear the sample if Moo was mentioned.

???? 

3 hours ago, Daydream said:

Damn. Beyoncé shouted out everyone APART from Mariah on the BMS remix. I wonder if it was Madge that said she wouldn't clear the sample if Moo was mentioned.

Some of the people that did get mentioned. It's probably for the best Moo wasn't included.

19 minutes ago, Rocket said:

Some of the people that did get mentioned. It's probably for the best Moo wasn't included.

as for black females in the music industry... by the objective fact of albums sales, Mariah remains the biggest selling black female recording artist in history. 

 

By the inclusion of streaming, Mariah is surpassed by Rihanna and settles for the #2 position. However, what I want to add is that she doesn't need any validation by anyone, muss less another recording artist. 

 

I mean, don't get me wrong... I'd love for her to be mentioned if someone mentions black female artists or females in general, however, it doesn't take away on her standing in the history books of music. 

 

All this being said, I cannot wait for Xmas domination, so that her name is everywhere again. I hate that 2022 has become so uneventful. And why has MC30 re-up been re-halted again? I swear, she does it to punish us for not making BER getting a H100 credit. She is vengeful like that and honestly, we did fail her. But is our punishment of an eternity of AIWFCIY re-releases harder and worse than our crime? 

I get it but goddamn Toni Braxton was mentioned and not Mariah Carey. It just seems like a glaring and intentional omission… Donna Summer isn’t mentioned, but she’s sampled elsewhere. 

1 minute ago, Keter said:

I get it but goddamn Toni Braxton was mentioned and not Mariah Carey. It just seems like a glaring and intentional omission… Donna Summer isn’t mentioned, but she’s sampled elsewhere. 

Mariah doesn't need any validation by Beyoncé. People need to stop playing into this notion of Beyoncé being the biggest authority in music ever. I hate that. Nobody has that much power. 

 

 

Maybe there was some truth to these rumors she denied.

 

 

Idk the name probably didn't fit the rhyme scheme, Bey also didn't mention Donna, Patti, Chaka, MJB, Lil Kim, etc. 

7 hours ago, stevyy said:

Mariah doesn't need any validation by Beyoncé. People need to stop playing into this notion of Beyoncé being the biggest authority in music ever. I hate that. Nobody has that much power. 

 

 

I agree with you! Was just a bit irked by it. I know it’s silly to feel that way though. 
 

6 hours ago, That Bad Eartha said:

Maybe there was some truth to these rumors she denied.

 

 

Idk the name probably didn't fit the rhyme scheme, Bey also didn't mention Donna, Patti, Chaka, MJB, Lil Kim, etc. 

This is a good point. I didn’t even think of Patti and them. 

Wait Brenda K Starr is only 3 years older than Mariah? :rip: I always assumed she was like 10+ years older 

On 8/5/2022 at 9:02 PM, Rocket said:

Some of the people that did get mentioned. It's probably for the best Moo wasn't included.

bloop

 

1dccf7d785.gif

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.