Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
The New Releases 💿

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

I watched it last night. I'm not really a movie person and haven't seen the first one. Didn't love it, basically didn't like the ending and it felt like some depth in their connection was missing, but I don't think it deserves the weird level of lashings either. I loved Gaga in it, she did great work, and so did Joaquin. Definitely made me appreciate Harlequin more.

 

At this point it feels like everyone just wants to say something edgy about it in their reviews for clicks.

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.6m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Just now, Gerard141 said:

Aaaand were down to 47% on RT lololol 

I think it's best for us to stop checking, we know how it's going... Let's focus on LG7's lead out in 15 days :party:

3 minutes ago, Gerard141 said:

Ok so after watching that new British interview I kinda feel sorry for Gaga. I kinda feel like she's getting blame for the musical element or something. There was definitely some friction between her and Joaquin even the part where he said that because of the teams using good lenses, lighting and angles anyone could look good lol. And she says "have to give Todd something to work with" as if Joaquin isn't already an excellent actor hahahaha. I dunno I definitely think there was drama on set. We kinda got that vibe even from the behind the scenes pics that were released. 
 

oh well if I was Gaga I would release LG7 asap and just move on from this movie and never speak about it again 🤣

Sis I think you might be reading too much into it :toofunny3:

1 minute ago, Arthoe said:

The way I feel it in my gut that the tour is gonna be in my country in dates where I'm having my final exams that I absolutely cannot skip and it's gonna be Gaga's biggest tour and her last one for a while

 

jentiecult.gif

can you pass the exams the next year after that date? i'm sure you can take those exams in 2026

5 minutes ago, Gerard141 said:

Aaaand were down to 47% on RT lololol 

I'm noticing that the more screen time Gaga gets in a movie, the higher the RT score. Take notes, Hollywood :ryan3:

I watched it, finally hihi. I love the film. I think it's brilliant 🥹 3 words: gaslighting, manipulation and idolization. 

And I find it interesting because it feels like the ending is like us as a fanbase.

When she was (past tense/TF&TFM&BRW era) being cool, you hailed her like the next savior, the next coming of Jesus and what happened after that in ARTPOP era? I read and witnessed a lot of "fans" betrayed her, started to hate her and then became OGH.

I got the ending but I can't say for the rest 😌

The idolisation. It's scary.

 

 

2 minutes ago, Aston Martin said:

I'm noticing that the more screen time Gaga gets in a movie, the higher the RT score. Take notes, Hollywood :ryan3:

Gaga's next movie is one man movie with her doing monologue staring at the lens for the entire time, 100% RT.

:ryan3:

Guys whatever her next role is, we need to be pessimistic AF about it like how we thought ASIB was gonna be her Glitter

 

We optimistic about HOG and FAD and look where we are now 

 

:clack:

3 hours ago, Dämon said:

The first one did 291k entries first day, though

:suburban:

So 500 million WW (in chromatica) confirmed!

 

UsoYifr.png

1 minute ago, GipJo said:

Gaga's next movie is one man movie with her doing monologue staring at the lens for the entire time, 100% RT.

:ryan3:

She needs a movie where she's a lost mother or a mother in general or she's lost her toy doll or w.e. The academy love that 

:ryan3:

1 minute ago, Bhabylon said:

Guys whatever her next role is, we need to be pessimistic AF about it like how we thought ASIB was gonna be her Glitter

 

We optimistic about HOG and FAD and look where we are now 

 

:clack:

Oh, I see, we're doing the reverse Warholian expedition, aren't we? LOL

Just now, PMM said:

can you pass the exams the next year after that date? i'm sure you can take those exams in 2026

I can only take at a date that's set in stone, I'm legally literally not allowed to skip them. The only way of getting an alternate date is showing up to the exams, taking them and genuinely failing them (opposed to failing them on purpose to get that later exam dates) and getting a second chance two months later.

 

jentiecult.gif

 

Spoiler

These f*ckers at university have been trying to break me for 2 years straight as well, and I don't wanna give them the satisfaction that their ways of teaching and running university has taken such a toll on my mental health and personal life. These people are straight up conservative hetereosexual bullies and I need to secure the bag before I can throw hands and sh*t on them. 

 

jentiecult.gif

 

It's honestly a huge shame because she's literally getting some of her strongest reviews as an actress for this movie. I just don't think the FADscars would touch it with a barge pole tho with how panned it is 

:suburban:

2 minutes ago, Arthoe said:

I can only take at a date that's set in stone, I'm legally literally not allowed to skip them. The only way of getting an alternate date is showing up to the exams, taking them and genuinely failing them (opposed to failing them on purpose to get that later exam dates) and getting a second chance two months later.

 

jentiecult.gif

 

  Hide contents

These f*ckers at university have been trying to break me for 2 years straight as well, and I don't wanna give them the satisfaction that their ways of teaching and running university has taken such a toll on my mental health and personal life. These people are straight up conservative hetereosexual bullies and I need to secure the bag before I can throw hands and sh*t on them. 

 

jentiecult.gif

 

hang in there then :hug: let's hope the date will suite you

8 minutes ago, Bhabylon said:

Guys whatever her next role is, we need to be pessimistic AF about it like how we thought ASIB was gonna be her Glitter

 

We optimistic about HOG and FAD and look where we are now 

 

:clack:

If FAD is her Glitter wouldn't that make LG7 her... oh

 

:suburban:

 

Anyway I hate to say this but that thread comparing Gaga to an Xtina-like career shift made some points I fear

9 minutes ago, GipJo said:

Gaga's next movie is one man movie with her doing monologue staring at the lens for the entire time, 100% RT.

:ryan3:

I mean Gaga Chromatica Ball is at 100% on Rotten Tomatoes and she's in the whole thing. So that sounds correct to me :ryan3: 

Spoiler

i watched the movie yesterday and when i tell u the whole theater was sighing out loud whenever they started singing, they actually ijboled when arthur tells lee to stop singing and so did i

i feel like it was boring and kinda unnecessary tbh, i liked some of the musical sequences but many of them were so tiring my god 

and the fact that he started singing in the end while dying made me laugh ngl 

Gaga was so good tho, im mad they mostly used her for the musical sequences and didnt give her a proper character development or dive, her facial expressions were so good during this movie too i loved the scene in which shes going up the courtroom stairs with the red suit, i wish she had more proper acting scenes cause it felt like 60% of her screen time was musical, 30% was being in the background and the rest was proper dialogue 

i give the movie a 4/10

If this flops hard her movie career will be kinda over, unless she thinks fast and does some kind of A24 film with critical acclaim and oscar buzz. I don't see her doing lifetime original movies, or romantic comedies...

 

jentiecult.gif

Just now, BORNTOSLAY said:

If this flops hard her movie career will be kinda over, unless she thinks fast and does some kind of A24 film with critical acclaim and oscar buzz. I don't see her doing lifetime original movies, or romantic comedies...

 

jentiecult.gif

that's not how the film industry works lol

35 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

The problem is that it was not risky, just a dumb decision. The music scenes add nothing to the movie. It feels like it was just there to make the movie longer. 

I think the music scenes do add something. 
 

it's just the editing and I guess the number of scenes that they cut that can give you the impression is out of place

 

Spoiler

And imo, the waltz scene for example, should have been intertwined with the escape scene just like in the trailer.  it would have made it perhaps more obvious that those musical bits are them being completely lost in their madness and own world but hey that's life 

 

3 minutes ago, BORNTOSLAY said:

If this flops hard her movie career will be kinda over, unless she thinks fast and does some kind of A24 film with critical acclaim and oscar buzz. I don't see her doing lifetime original movies, or romantic comedies...

 

jentiecult.gif

CLEOPATRA is coming 2026.

i saw the movie last night and i don't really feel like discussing it, i'm just disappointed really

lg7 lead when?

You must be braindead to think that she just needs to move and release LG7. Professional projects don't work like that.

 

You will be the same ones complaining and telling her to move to LG8 when LG7 ultimately doesn't perform up to your expectations, because you wouldn't be able to brag about it to other forum homosexuals.

 

jentiecult.gif

 

Watched the movie like finally and some pointers:

 

- Some musical sequences were unnecessary, even some of Gaga's unfortunately. Also the amount of musical sequences may be too jarring for fans who loved Joker 1

- Not enough action

- Gaga's acting scenes were mostly if all riveting. She did improve movie after movie which is awesome. 

- Plot was terrible. Movie wasn't heading anywhere

- Ending scene was abrupt and unnecessary

 

To be fair, it may very well deserve the 50-50 reception that we are seeing from critics and GP atm. 

 

While I do hope that they will do a Harlequin sequel for Gaga, with the current reception it may not justify the need to but let's see.

 

Let's move on to LG7 lol.

 

Edited by mrhraefn

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.