Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

1 hour ago, Archetype said:

Chronically theater obsessed theater people will stream TGS soundtrack until their final days on this planet.  It's not at all an indication of long-term popularity or success amongst the GP imo.  The Joker 2 soundtrack will likely fall into this category, but it's likely to suffer from the same fate.  Theater classics are not popular and covers rarely ever chart.  
 

ASIB consisted of original pop and rock songs, genres that most people love and listen to on a daily basis.  

Gosh.. It's truly getting exhausting in here.

 

A soundtrack (not even released during the current peak of streaming) doesn't pull 4-5 billion streams just with 'obsessed theater people', please, in the same way the movie didn't gross 450M$ at the box office with said niche audience, especially when tones of musical movies have been flopped in the last years, that movie and relative soundtrack simply had general audience support in order to pull those numbers and being a success, people liked the movie and consequently the music on it.

 

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

M Night's Lady Raven is serving Lana Del Rey instead. :skull: 

 

 

 

4 hours ago, SharGaga said:

If she's releasing the album before the election/movie, she must be finishing the album either this month or the next. I imagine she'll be prepping for Joker 2 promo by August. I can't imagine her still working on the album by then. It just depends if she wants to do a longer album or where she's at creatively which seems to be in a great place. Everything is pointing to August/September.  

I think exact the same, it must happen this month or next. If she doesn't announce anything by then, we can assume 100% it's not coming this year. I bet she does it right after the chromatica film. 

4 hours ago, SharGaga said:

If she's releasing the album before the election/movie, she must be finishing the album either this month or the next. I imagine she'll be prepping for Joker 2 promo by August. I can't imagine her still working on the album by then. It just depends if she wants to do a longer album or where she's at creatively which seems to be in a great place. Everything is pointing to August/September.  

I think exact the same, it must happen this month or next. If she doesn't announce anything by then, we can assume 100% it's not coming this year. I bet she does it right after the chromatica film. 

1 hour ago, Leptine said:

Gosh.. It's truly getting exhausting in here.

 

A soundtrack (not even released during the current peak of streaming) doesn't pull 4-5 billion streams just with 'obsessed theater people', please, in the same way the movie didn't gross 450M$ at the box office with said niche audience, especially when tones of musical movies have been flopped in the last years, that movie and relative soundtrack simply had general audience support in order to pull those numbers and being a success, people liked the movie and consequently the music on it.

 

I should have specified that I'm talking about recent performance of both albums, hence why I said chronically theater obsessed theater people.  Unless I'm wrong and more people are streaming TGS than ASIB soundtrack.  Otherwise, I can't imagine a normal person streaming TGS soundtrack in 2024. :coffee2:

1 hour ago, Canonical Ensembl said:

M Night's Lady Raven is serving Lana Del Rey instead. :skull: 

 

 

 

Nah, it's giving Eurovision act.

"Gaga didn't promote LFS and HOG side by side, she just released prerecorded concert specials while promoting HOG and talked about Tony and LFS during the HOG press tour"
 

that would be promoting side by side. Sorry my definition of promoting at the same time doesn't mean Gaga stopping mid conversation to scat and break into jazz music 

Edited by TedLasso

13 minutes ago, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

the ever-present black heart 

maybe she's returning to the gothy vibes a-la TFM? :duca:

12 minutes ago, TedLasso said:

"Gaga didn't promote LFS and HOG side by side, she just released prerecorded concert specials while promoting HOG and talked about Tony and LFS during the HOG press tour"
 

that would be promoting side by side. Sorry my definition of promoting at the same time doesn't mean Gaga stopping mid conversation to scat and break into jazz music 

 

6 minutes ago, Rino said:

maybe she's returning to the gothy vibes a-la TFM? :duca:

I'm 99% positive she is. Imo it's what she does best, and paired with J:FAD could be very interesting for her brand. 

It's a matter of when. She's been wearing all black and using those emojis for around a year. 

Edited by SweetOreosOfHeaven

11 hours ago, Mr.Stardust said:

TCB poster looks like it is some 'ALIEN'-esque style. am I tripping?

 

11 hours ago, Almodusa said:

I noted that too - her edited bottom lip gives smaller xenomorph mouth and the black outfit looks like the body

 

spacer.png
spacer.png

She HAS to have an obsession with the Alien franchise because so much of her career has referenced the xenomorph: Chromatica logo being the original Alien logo, Chroma Ball promo pic, Born This Way Ball alien outfit, alien skeleton fits from an AMAs performance of Bad Romance, her having referenced H.R. Giger's work, etc.

 

I think she's always had this interest in monsters and aliens, and that interest has come through frequently (intentionally or not) in her work.

 

42 minutes ago, Aden said:

 

She HAS to have an obsession with the Alien franchise because so much of her career has referenced the xenomorph: Chromatica logo being the original Alien logo, Chroma Ball promo pic, Born This Way Ball alien outfit, alien skeleton fits from an AMAs performance of Bad Romance, her having referenced H.R. Giger's work, etc.

 

I think she's always had this interest in monsters and aliens, and that interest has come through frequently (intentionally or not) in her work.

I've always loved the alien aesthetic she had during the btw era. The alien heads were always some of my favorite props from her

 

nSx8cS0.jpeg

 

 

No other pop star can serve ***** while dressed as a humanoid alien with facial horns, pink hair and 5 tetas :clap3:

 

FQ959X_WQAArtio.jpg

Edited by Marry The Gods

8 hours ago, Leptine said:

And who's to say it won't?

 

Your same logic can be applied to the contrary in a scenario in which the soundtrack can perform good and have longevity along with the movie success, there are traditional musical songs on 'The greatest Showman' which have +800M streams, movie that had the same ASIB gross and JFAD will be lot bigger than that not to mention there weren't even big music stars in that soundtrack-movie.

The Greatest Showman is a pop score though. The songs all have pop melodies, shiny pop production, and for the most part, poppy vocal delivies. It is not at all a traditional MT score. And that's why it has the sales it does, it had music that could feasibly be played on the radio and get placed on playlists. 

 

Not to come off as combative, but as someone with a theatre degree, musical theatre includes a wide array of musical idioms and genres. TGS is much more comparable to a contemporary musical like Dear Evan Hansen (which shares composers with TGS) than classics from the 60s that pull from jazz, cabaret, and classical music. TGS and Joker, musically, will probably not be comparable.

49 minutes ago, EnigmaticAndroid said:

The Greatest Showman is a pop score though. The songs all have pop melodies, shiny pop production, and for the most part, poppy vocal delivies. It is not at all a traditional MT score. And that's why it has the sales it does, it had music that could feasibly be played on the radio and get placed on playlists. 

 

Not to come off as combative, but as someone with a theatre degree, musical theatre includes a wide array of musical idioms and genres. TGS is much more comparable to a contemporary musical like Dear Evan Hansen (which shares composers with TGS) than classics from the 60s that pull from jazz, cabaret, and classical music. TGS and Joker, musically, will probably not be comparable.

I thought TGS stood for Top Gun Soundtrack and I was very confused 

:suburban:
 

The original Top Gun soundtrack will probably be more comparable to the JFAD soundtrack than The Greatest Showman (A movie I have never seen, but This Is Me is a pop song so I'm assuming most of the soundtrack is like that)

Currently, I expect JFAD soundtrack to do as well as C2C did. Could definitely be even bigger considering how the successful the film can be and people would want to relisten to Joaquin and Gaga sing together or can be something most ignore because of the genre.

Jfad soundtrack hog soundtrack asib soundtrack…. Blah blah blah 

Steve Coogan's role apparently 

Spoiler


Makes sense, I thought he was gonna be a therapist. The "that's what we should be talking about" line seems like it'll be about the press/society instead of his personal progress

 

1 hour ago, FameFatale said:

New week, new countdowns

 

:suburban:

1 hour

 

66D240E4-17F5-4B52-86B5-2A30D889B5F0.thu

Anyway now I'm sure she won't post anything since the whole celebrity backlash, I've seen so many posts asking people to block her. She's on the most of these blocking lists. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.