Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

6 minutes ago, JayG said:

THIS is what we needed

 

 

This is amazing.

 

 

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

What is this myth that going on that nobody wants a rock album from Gaga? 

 

Gaga is one of the few pop girls who can actually pull it off doing rock music.

 

she already explored that sound with born this way. It ended up becoming her magnum opus and truly open doors for her as an artist. 
 

not only did she nailed the edgy and dark aesthetics but she gain so much respect from rock legend at the time of the album release. 
 

gaga can absolutely pull off tock genres like glam rock, pop rock, soft rock, hard rock, progressive rock, metal, dance rock, etc. 

 

gaga creating born this way 2.0 espcially now with everything that going on among the lgbtq community right now would be perfect. 
 

not to mention this song slaps and can be used as inspiration for Gaga modernized born this way 2.0

 

a nice mix of rock and dance music.

 

Edited by Happylittlepunk

8 minutes ago, Happylittlepunk said:

This is amazing.

 

 

Yep. We all thought it was a Chromatica snippet.

4 minutes ago, Happylittlepunk said:

What is this myth that going on that nobody wants a rock album from Gaga? 

 

Gaga is one of the few pop girls who can actually pull it off doing rock music.

 

she already explored that sound with born this way. It ended up becoming her magnum opus and truly open doors for her as an artist. 
 

not only did she nailed the edgy and dark aesthetics but she gain so much respect from rock legend at the time of the album release. 
 

gaga can absolutely pull off tock genres like glam rock, pop rock, soft rock, hard rock, progressive rock, metal, dance rock, etc. 

 

gaga creating born this way 2.0 espcially now with everything that going on among the lgbtq community right now would be perfect. 

Electro-rock would EAT. Bad Kids is a PERFECT example.

1 minute ago, JayG said:

Electro-rock would EAT. Bad Kids is a PERFECT example.

This one too imo

the fact that Bloody Mary and other born this way songs blew up so much should be a sign that Gaga needs to go back to that sound/aesthetic imo.

 

4 minutes ago, Happylittlepunk said:

This one too imo

the fact that Bloody Mary and other born this way songs blew up so much should be a sign that Gaga needs to go back to that sound/aesthetic imo.

 

We been knew. Bloody Mary smashing is a sign - thats her lane. Thats her forte. She REALLY found her lane with TFM + BTW. She pioneered something so unique and new with those two eras/albums. That was what she needed to keep going with. ARTPOP did slay, BUT, it wasnt as hard as TFM/BTW. Chromatica was a return to form. I will NEVER forget Government Hooker x Mugler... that show/snippet?! Literally the reason I decided to chase my dreams to do art direction. ******* ATE. Dark, grungy, electro, deep/obscure references, avant garde **** is HER lane. Just like Rih's lane is infusing Dancehall and her Barbadian culture throughout her vocal delivery and music.

Edited by JayG

4 minutes ago, Happylittlepunk said:

This one too imo

the fact that Bloody Mary and other born this way songs blew up so much should be a sign that Gaga needs to go back to that sound/aesthetic imo.

 

She should do something with this kind of direction sonically...

 

 

 

What comes first from her VERY HUMAN IG post?: 

 

-- A year passes by with nothing but the CBT footage - fans meltdown with "Why isn't she doing anything???"

 

or

 

-- Ga drops a full album and fans rip her to shreds because it's not what they wanted.

Gaga's unpredictable and this is what makes her so interesting. Those thinking she'll go back to making the same music from 2010-11 when she was in her early 20s are delulu.  :juanny: People change, so do their creative process and artistry.

Rock Album and some collabs with rock/alternative band... Such as Imagine Dragon, Coldplay, The Killers... etc

 

Straight men will EAT tf up :jonny4:

1 hour ago, luckythisway said:

Taylor has released 3 original studio albums since Chromatica & 5 since Joanne 

 

spacer.png

And Gaga has released three since Joanne. And I am not even counting the Chromatica remix and the Born This Way collaboration. 

9 hours ago, DoctorIce said:

Throwback to him copy and pasting Bad Romance's millennial whoop for the World Cup and moving around some of the notes to differentiate it.

 

 

ReDone indeed.

 

bSh1Oy5.thumb.gif.6b741c3cd7b018ef5471ce

RedOne is probably the only producer to have worked for Gaga, Gims, Khaled and Milène Farmer :ahh:

Weird trajectory.

 

I'm not sure why some stans are so scared of a potential rock album, it's not going to be another 'Joanne' album (sans maybe from 'Diamond Heart' which is the most rockish track and the best one from the album indeed) and I don't think she would release heavy metal.

 

I would honestly be here for a 90s pop-rock album a la Alanis 'Jagged Little Pill', Smashing Pumpkins, Garbage, The Cardigans..

 

 

 

 

 

Gaga is the only one who could potentially pull a credible rockish album-era between pop girls.

What has Taylor’s release schedule got to do with Gaga exactly? Two of the former’s last three studio albums came from the same lockdown sessions done the same year Chromatica released and her new pop album is barely 6 months old when Gaga already clarified she has been working on new music since last summer — like….

 

bSh1Oy5.thumb.gif.6b741c3cd7b018ef5471ce

I'd love a rock album but I don't see it happening for LG7. I'd love to be proven wrong but I'm also down for whatever and it's so hard to predict where she will go next. 

28 minutes ago, Leptine said:

I'm not sure why some stans are so scared of a potential rock album, it's not going to be another 'Joanne' album (sans maybe from 'Diamond Heart' which is the most rockish track and the best one from the album indeed) and I don't think she would release heavy metal.

 

I would honestly be here for a 90s pop-rock album a la Alanis 'Jagged Little Pill', Smashing Pumpkins, Garbage, The Cardigans..

 

 

 

 

 

Gaga is the only one who could potentially pull a credible rockish album-era between pop girls.

The alternative rock is clearly dead since 90s and evolved to post-punk or post-rock such as Black Country New Road, Swans, Sigur Ros

And she won't do better than them so we should expect no charts, no acclaim from rock era

What she really need to try is alternative pop, industrial, artpop thing

I remember being obsessed with this song because I deluded myself into thinking LG5 would sound like something reminiscent of this

 

Not even close :thing:

1 hour ago, RandomHooker said:

Gaga's unpredictable and this is what makes her so interesting. Those thinking she'll go back to making the same music from 2010-11 when she was in her early 20s are delulu.  :juanny: People change, so do their creative process and artistry.

Going back to her roots is what she needs to do... theres a reason she was at her heights during TFM & BTW - SHE FOUND HER LANE. We're not asking her to give us BTW Part 2. We're asking for that authenticity sonically. She got VERY close with Chromatica.

10 minutes ago, Dumbledore said:

I remember being obsessed with this song because I deluded myself into thinking LG5 would sound like something reminiscent of this

 

Not even close :thing:

Boys Noize and Burns both worked on Flesh Tone so I trust them

Tbh I'd love if Gaga went alternative rock & punk for LG7. If the album sounds anything like this we are getting music AND the bling :WAP: 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Daily Mail reported she’s still dating Michael

Boys Noize could give us BTW 2.0, but she ditched him from Chromatica

bSh1Oy5.thumb.gif.6b741c3cd7b018ef5471ce

I was looking at my Last.fm and noticed Joanne album has only 85 scrobbles... and then I remembered I only started using Spotify in 2017, before that it was all iTunes downloads which means... I didn't downloaded Joanne when it was released at all and didn't even stream it thereafter that much. No wonder I don't have a recollection or memory of listening to the album in 1 sitting. :shutup:

 

Which is really ironic because Perfect Illusion is my 3rd most played Lady Gaga song at 358 scrobbles (the album it was attached to is Perfect Illusion - Single).

bSh1Oy5.thumb.gif.6b741c3cd7b018ef5471ce

11 minutes ago, Konril said:

I was looking at my Last.fm and noticed Joanne album has only 85 scrobbles... and then I remembered I only started using Spotify in 2017, before that it was all iTunes downloads which means... I didn't downloaded Joanne when it was released at all and didn't even stream it thereafter that much. No wonder I don't have a recollection or memory of listening to the album in 1 sitting. :shutup:

 

Which is really ironic because Perfect Illusion is my 3rd most played Lady Gaga song at 358 scrobbles (the album it was attached to is Perfect Illusion - Single).

bSh1Oy5.thumb.gif.6b741c3cd7b018ef5471ce

So you enjoyed PIss and not Diamond God, Slayer's Prayer, etc?

 

bSh1Oy5.thumb.gif.6b741c3cd7b018ef5471ce 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.