Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

24 minutes ago, Miracle said:

I'm thinking the special project is gonna be a Broadway musical.

#LG72032IsOurs

BloodPop felt the demo of the song "was missing something", and he credits Max Martin with having "some fantastic ideas that really elevated it".[3] The track marks the first time Gaga worked with Martin. Gaga admitted she was at first hesitant to work with Martin, as she likes to write and produce on her own terms, but "decided to stop being an *******" and meet him. She explained: "Basically, I sang over a track that BloodPop made. We sent over what I sang to Max, Max picked some parts out, sent it back to me, and then I wrote lyrics. I warmed up my voice, got in the booth, I sang it, and what you're hearing on 'Stupid Love' is what we did that day."[4]

 

No wonder why SL is trash.... she had 0 passion for that track :deadbanana2:. She treated it like some side project 

5 minutes ago, BawwaB said:

BloodPop felt the demo of the song "was missing something", and he credits Max Martin with having "some fantastic ideas that really elevated it".[3] The track marks the first time Gaga worked with Martin. Gaga admitted she was at first hesitant to work with Martin, as she likes to write and produce on her own terms, but "decided to stop being an *******" and meet him. She explained: "Basically, I sang over a track that BloodPop made. We sent over what I sang to Max, Max picked some parts out, sent it back to me, and then I wrote lyrics. I warmed up my voice, got in the booth, I sang it, and what you're hearing on 'Stupid Love' is what we did that day."[4]

 

No wonder why SL is trash.... she had 0 passion for that track :deadbanana2:. She treated it like some side project 

Max Martin still put his name on the song sis…

such a kii that her only Max Martin produced track is one of her worst produced songs

 

oVf3NL0.gif 

Edited by sunbathinganimal

Stupid Love is really her worst song ever. I wonder if she and her team knows this or they think it's a masterpiece and hence why they chose it as the lead single:sad:

Maybe that is the secret project she mentioned earlier 

 

Another ad but at least it's somehow related to music/Chromatica 

t-shirt-3.png 

1 hour ago, sunbathinganimal said:

such a kii that her only Max Martin produced track is one of her worst produced songs

 

oVf3NL0.gif 

It’s a sine from above for her to not work with him again.

 

spacer.png

I'm not totally convinced at the Broadway play scenario since I feel like that it would have been reported by the various sites of that field since there would be at least some deals behind the scenes for it, but at the same time I don't totally exclude it, I don't think she would refer as 'special project' to another soundtrack project since she has the JFAD one coming next year, but with her anything is possible, I don't know what to think..

 

An EP would be cute.

19 minutes ago, Vroom Vroom said:

If Gaga did write and produce a musical, would she star in it too? 

 

It's my first thought, that is why I'm skeptical about it.

 

I don't think she has the time to write and produce something without having some guarantees that the project will be executed with a deal at least, I think there would have been some rumors about it, since organizing a Broadway play require time and more people involved, at the same time it would make sense for her referring to it as 'special project', don't know what to think.

If she were writing a musical, I wouldn’t be surprised if she wasn’t on stage. I think for her first she’d be fine with just creating it and wouldn’t be on stage until she’s offered/auditions for a second show. 

3 hours ago, sunbathinganimal said:

such a kii that her only Max Martin produced track is one of her worst produced songs

 

oVf3NL0.gif 

The production ain’t completely bad tho

 

anyway

#1. Bad Romance

#2. Born This Way

#3. Perfect Illusion 

#4. Applause

#5. Just Dance

#6. Stupid Love

10 hours ago, Dumbledore said:

Now this was a momento

FNnsHhiaUAUzyfU.jpg 

gaga2.jpg?format=1000w

ugh. i just want her back

#1. Bad Romance

#2. Applause

#3. Just Dance

#4. Perfect Illusion

#5. Born This Way

#6. Stupid Love

 

Jjang

I know Love For Sale was her second jazz covers album without the big promo Grammy #1 Grammy got, fans weren't interested etc but its first week sales kinda scare me for her next project tbh.

Edited by ViviLittleM

1 minute ago, ViviLittleM said:

I know Love For Sale was her second jazz album cover without the big promo Grammy #1 Grammy got, fans weren't interesting etc but its first week sales kinda scare me for her next project tbh.

 

It's not indicative at all imo, however charts performance is obviously not a priority or essential at this point of her career, if it happens it's a plus otherwise not big deal.

Weren't there some rumors that she was collaborating on some songs in that Bruno Mars animated film that's coming up, where he's writing all the music?

 

Although that's still pretty far away.

24 minutes ago, ViviLittleM said:

I know Love For Sale was her second jazz covers album without the big promo Grammy #1 Grammy got, fans weren't interested etc but its first week sales kinda scare me for her next project tbh.

Nah people rejected it. Cheek to Cheek got heavy promo first week to push it where it was + it got the novelty aspect. Monsters didn’t get behind it cause unlike Swifties they don’t want to support Gaga if they don’t like the project and they said it was payback for her abandoning Chroma era

L4S is nowhere an indication of where LG7 will land

45 minutes ago, ViviLittleM said:

I know Love For Sale was her second jazz covers album without the big promo Grammy #1 Grammy got, fans weren't interested etc but its first week sales kinda scare me for her next project tbh.

The marketing for L4S was rushed. They wanted to get it while Tony was still able to perform. 

It will not effect future releases 

27 minutes ago, chosensparkles said:

Nah people rejected it. Cheek to Cheek got heavy promo first week to push it where it was + it got the novelty aspect. Monsters didn’t get behind it cause unlike Swifties they don’t want to support Gaga if they don’t like the project and they said it was payback for her abandoning Chroma era

L4S is nowhere an indication of where LG7 will land

I agree with the last sentence but fans are not going to blindly support every project she puts out. That's just not realistic for most grown adults. We don't owe her anything. This is coming from someone who uses Haus Labs but if she puts out something I'm indifferent with, I'm not going to support it just because her name is slapped on it :michael:

1 minute ago, Marry The Gods said:

I agree with the last sentence but fans are not going to blindly support every project she puts out. That's just not realistic for most grown adults. We don't owe her anything. This is coming from someone who uses Haus Labs but if she puts out something I'm indifferent with, I'm not going to support it just because her name is slapped on it :michael:

I mean I personally love her JAZZ output and I cherished Love For Sale, but it was hurting to see her happily promote it and fans commenting "you abandonned Chromatica for this?" and up to the point of calling Tony names and wishing he passed... that was sick...

2 hours ago, Almodusa said:

If she were writing a musical, I wouldn’t be surprised if she wasn’t on stage. I think for her first she’d be fine with just creating it and wouldn’t be on stage until she’s offered/auditions for a second show. 

I've thought about that too. Although, Gaga starring on Broadway would automatically be the hottest ticket of basically any season and most producers would try and get her to star in it. Assuming there's a role she would be fit for.

 

I also wonder if she'd be open to doing a straight play? She clearly wants to be seen as a respected actor and leading lady, not just a popstar who was good in a few roles. I could see her doing one to challenge herself and build more cache within the industry. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.