Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

Just now, Freaky Prince said:

Sis you got eaten up in that thread with facts :cm:

The facts from… Britney and Taylor stans? Chile please

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Just now, GraceRandolph said:

The music wasn’t the point, but the rejection of it, and the trajectory in Gaga’s path overall. 

I do agree with that. 

I think that Gaga really entered an air of pretentiousness with ARTPOP though that was bound to be rejected.

It often felt like she was appealing to a world of art that the average person couldn't relate to. 

I'm proud of her for following diving into her artistic vision but I do think the whole vibe of that era made her feel completely unrelatable. 
 

 

2 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

Yeah, a lot of people on here want Gaga to do something “fun” but there’s not really a lot of great roles for actresses in her age range. 

I'm sorry? but what? Gaga is 37, not 57. She can still have a well written "fun" role catered to her taste even in her 40s. 

5 minutes ago, Marry The Gods said:

I'm sorry? but what? Gaga is 37, not 57. She can still have a well written "fun" role catered to her taste even in her 40s. 

Disney Princess roles are geared towards 18-25 year olds, the MCU is looking to cast women under 35 for main character roles because it’s an ongoing franchise where you might be appearing for a decade, and blockbusters are increasingly youth oriented. She’s closer to 40 than 30, and I’m guessing she’s getting a lot of mom offers already. 

Just now, GraceRandolph said:

Disney Princess roles are geared towards 18-25 year olds, the MCU is looking to cast women under 35 for main character roles because it’s an ongoing franchise where you might be appearing for a decade, and blockbusters are increasingly youth oriented. She’s closer to 40 than 30, and I’m guessing she’s getting a lot of mom offers already. 

Oh please. Fun roles are not confined to cheesy Disney & MCU movies. 

1 minute ago, Marry The Gods said:

Oh please. Fun roles are not confined to cheesy Disney & MCU movies. 

Sure, but in terms of blockbuster potential they are the safest bet. 

1 hour ago, Miss Fortune said:

I mean Broadway. I think she should write her own like Sarah Bareilles did with Waitress!

 

Probably in 10-20 years, she has barely time to keep up with her music-movie career, I don't see her do that anytime soon.

Ms Gar is just coming off playing thee Harley Quinn no one is offering her mum roles (tho that would actually show a different side of her which could be quite interesting)

21 minutes ago, anklebiterrs said:

Ms Gar is just coming off playing thee Harley Quinn no one is offering her mum roles (tho that would actually show a different side of her which could be quite interesting)

Oh god could you imagine the campaign if she played a mother role?

 

”I hoarded baby dolls to get a sense of maternal energy” :eli:

5 minutes ago, LunaUniverse said:

Oh god could you imagine the campaign if she played a mother role?

 

”I hoarded baby dolls to get a sense of maternal energy” :eli:

“I actually started preparing for this role without knowing it back when I was filming House of Gucci. See, when my dogs were kidnapped and I was on the other side of the world, my motherly instincts kicked in and-”

5 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

I think the gp choosing Prism/Bangerz over ARTPOP is actually a super defining moment in the last decade of pop. It was basically the kiss of death for the future of pop music, and especially female dance-pop. Pop now has to either be super cheesy (Taylor, Olivia) or it has to lean into hip-hop in some way. 

Um no.

 

The album was loud, over-produced with complex lyrics and methaphors + her image during that era was a major turn off for the GP.

She should have stuck with this hair throughout the entire artpop era

 

4.jpg

gaga_glamour_23aug13_rex_b.jpg

 

 

24 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

Um no.

 

The album was loud, over-produced with complex lyrics and methaphors + her image during that era was a major turn off for the GP.

The backlash was coming no matter what album she released. She was well aware of it too

 

Born This Way was massive and controversial. It was bound to lead to equally massive backlash from the GP. She probably should have taken a break after BTW and focused on healing after her surgery. ARTPOP was doomed from the start. But it is still a very meaningful album for many fans 

  • ATRL Moderator
5 hours ago, chosensparkles said:

the way I remember hating it at first but it's such another experience

I still love the studio version we got cause I find it very festive but this one, whew!

If she continued this 90s house vibe Chromatica would be better than what it is. The modern touch by Bloodpop ruined a lot. :toofunny3:

she is probably getting offered pretty much every amazing role in Hollywood right now, it'll be so exciting to see what she does next. She's one of the few actresses working right now who's acclaimed and a BISMS :gaycat1:

21 minutes ago, Bojana said:

is this hat/headpiece the same one shes wearing in TFM album photoshoot? 

 

c3d88650333df3819f87315d1849df0a097bde5c 

yes and she also worn it during the born this way era

 

HT_28429.jpg

ladygagaspikes.jpg

 

4 hours ago, Miss Fortune said:

I do agree with that. 

I think that Gaga really entered an air of pretentiousness with ARTPOP though that was bound to be rejected.

It often felt like she was appealing to a world of art that the average person couldn't relate to. 

I'm proud of her for following diving into her artistic vision but I do think the whole vibe of that era made her feel completely unrelatable. 
 

 

Well yeah that’s just it. The pretentiousness for songs like donatella and fashion! was too much, they were Recycled EDM dj production from the year before. But to majority of GP they buy album after hearing singles and the hits weren’t that big.
It wasn’t all about ARTPOP, but female pop took a turn from that point going into the streaming era. Which is why then we got into Joanne and that execution, and not another redone album

4 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

Sure, but in terms of blockbuster potential they are the safest bet. 

Her career is beyond safe blockbusters though. There's basically no reason to do them other than a paycheck. If she wants to do something "fun" she could do a genre film (horror, thriller, comedy, etc.) with a strong director and script. 

Also screaming at the idea of her being offered a bunch of mom roles. :toofunny2: I get that she's approaching her 40s, but between that and the "she can only do AC ballads now", it's like y'all wanna age her up by a few decades. She's not 60. :toofunny2:

Olivia Rodrigo is the biggest debut album since The Fame from the numbers, oh wow

8 hours ago, chosensparkles said:

the way I remember hating it at first but it's such another experience

I still love the studio version we got cause I find it very festive but this one, whew!

This brings back memories I have running outside throughout lockdown - I love this version of the track.

YouTube Music has started to combine the views of videos with the same song on the platform. Per the site, Lady Gaga's most popular songs at the moment are:

Bad Romance — 2.388B

Shallow — 2.199B

Poker Face — 1.85B

Always Remember Us This Way — 1.14B

Hold My Hand — 271M

 

https://twitter.com/chartgaga/status/1665425590017507329?s=20

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.