Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

Total Mayhem does not exist. And if it does, it's Dawn of Traumatica 2.0. Don't get your hopes up for new music because reasons. The meltdowns are gonna be epic.

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

It's annoying when I play my playlist on shuffle and a MAYHEM track comes on suddenly my mood changes and I want to play the whole album, but when I click "Go to Album" it takes me to the old 14-track version instead of the 17-tracks one. Why haven't they fixed that????

My only hope for a deluxe are the few song lyrics that still have no home yet

 

judge-turn.gif

This is just a general question, not directed to anyone specific: Why does every album have to have a deluxe version now? I understood that they were released as an incentive to sell more albums, but now it feels different. I love new music, but why can't a body of work just stand on its own? 

22 minutes ago, Onion Girl said:

This is just a general question, not directed to anyone specific: Why does every album have to have a deluxe version now? I understood that they were released as an incentive to sell more albums, but now it feels different. I love new music, but why can't a body of work just stand on its own? 

To boost album streams, simple as that.

I don't want a deluxe. I think the 17-track album is good enough. Anymore than that and it would feel bloated.

 

However, I'm here for another EP a la TFM. Like some sort of MAYHEM extension, but still distinct enough to be its own thing.

Edited by FailSafe

my god you guys are inssuferable already making proclamations about the quality of songs you never heard and might not even exist

Billboard 200

43. Mayhem - 34 weeks 

68. The Fame - 440 weeks (=)


903 weeks total on the chart. 

 

Edited by Aston Martin

Arianators having a "Brazil, I'm devastated" moment of their own, dd :deadbanana4:

 

G45LVjSXEAAsh5W?format=jpg&name=medium

 

OT: TOTAL MAYHEM is coming.

 

BTOGoXN.thumb.gif.322fa64aeea15f7679aa6d

Billboard Global 200:

12. Die with a Smile - 63 weeks (+2)

112. The Dead Dance - 8 weeks 

142. Poker Face - 45 weeks (+1)

150. Abracadabra - 39 weeks (+7)

 

441 weeks total on the chart. 

Edited by Aston Martin

2 minutes ago, Bad News said:

Arianators having a "Brazil, I'm devastated" moment of their own, dd :deadbanana4:

 

G45LVjSXEAAsh5W?format=jpg&name=medium

 

OT: TOTAL MAYHEM is coming.

 

BTOGoXN.thumb.gif.322fa64aeea15f7679aa6d

Karma is a cat purring on my lap :kitty:

5 minutes ago, sunbathinganimal said:

what a BOMB

"It's repetitive and bland because it's for the GP! You will all switch when it smashes!!"

 

spacer.png

29 minutes ago, Sugden said:

my god you guys are inssuferable already making proclamations about the quality of songs you never heard and might not even exist

Not them having meltdowns already.

BEFORE we even know any of this is true.

 

Bad News

The dead dance truly does feel like a soundtrack/bonus track. I like it but thats how it feels to me. I wish we'd have gotten a video for zombieboy/garden/vanish/shadow.

 

Id literally have preferred a video for any other song on the album except Blade of Grass lmao. 

I mean it's still not too late. But probably next to touring she has no energy to record that universe altering GOE video that I know she has in her

I know it's probably an unpopular opinion but the camping at every Mayhem Ball date by those brain dead losers is so annoying and ruins it for everyone… there is absolutely no need to be doing it 

4 hours ago, Onion Girl said:

This is just a general question, not directed to anyone specific: Why does every album have to have a deluxe version now? I understood that they were released as an incentive to sell more albums, but now it feels different. I love new music, but why can't a body of work just stand on its own? 

Back in the CD era when pop albums could have actual smashes with post-album singles, deluxe versions were def just used to pad sales and really didn't mean anything. Now that it's far more difficult for pop albums to have life beyond their release weeks in the streaming age, deluxe versions serve as tentpole moments that sustain pop albums. It's also helpful for artists like Ariana who are booked with other projects like films.

 

Gaga said back in like 2011 that she hated deluxe versions for that reason that they just pad sales (hence BTW's deluxe being called a "special edition") but now that deluxe versions are a helpful method to keep an album going, it would make sense for Gaga if she wants to fully milk an era before diving into motherhood.

What would make Total Mayhem a killer re-issue is if she either a) focused on the eurodance soundscapes that initially inspired TFM since Mayhem explored the glam rock/funk soundscapes that inspired The Fame or b) explored genres she's never released before

 

I fully agree she can keep any deluxe version if it's just going to be more TDD-esque funk tracks that didn't make the initial Mayhem 1.0 tracklist

20 minutes ago, TaylorNation said:

I know it's probably an unpopular opinion but the camping at every Mayhem Ball date by those brain dead losers is so annoying and ruins it for everyone… there is absolutely no need to be doing it 

On my date, fortunately, there were only like 20 people camping since 1 AM. I arrived at 5 AM and people kept arriving from time to time. It's not that bad, in my opinion.

Deluxe is an ugly word though. It's used to described either pizzas or 2.5-star hotel rooms in my country.

 

I'm glad Gar's taste aligns with me to have avoided this word (so far).

 

 

 

Edited by Canonical Ensembl

I'm low-key pissed that The Mid Dance has killed the momentum of the Mayhem era, in the sense that the single / music vid / promo should've been another track from the og album, and not a bland trend chasing tie in to a netflix show

 

if there is a deluxe Ed coming, I hope it  means there's more to the era and another single

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.