Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Beyoncé

This is part 1 of the Beyoncé discussion.

Featured Replies

I need to hear Freakum Dress live in my life at some point please :jonny: Like what do I have to do

  • Replies 143.5k
  • Views 7.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • It was the best concert of my life, bar none. Idc!    It was extraordinary, it was ineffable.  I knew I loved it based on the videos but I... Hey I don't know.    Best moment

  • SashaDevachelli
    SashaDevachelli

    I know this award is a joke but the point is, she has cemented herself in history with the likes of Whitney and Lauryn. And on top of that she won an award for a genre that completely ridiculed and ex

  • Potentially #1 in the US, UK and Canada in the same week   

3 hours ago, mariposa said:

Compare the pin-drop silence when BILG starts 

 

 

To the deafening roars when Freakum Dress (fake-out) starts :ahh:

 

 I'm a BILG apologist so I hope she doesn't cut it, but she needs to throw EuropeHive a bone with at least a verse of SD and Freakum Dress before going back into AS/BILG :deadbanana4: In the US, I know the BILG segment will be a highlight seeing as its already shaping up to be a cookout classic

It seems to me the UK really appreciated Bday. Beautiful Liar and Deja Vu went no 1 there (more no 1s than DIL or IASF era) and Irreplaceable, Listen and Green Light Freemasons remix slayed too like top 10 or something 

  • ATRL Moderator
7 hours ago, Planet Mars said:

If they do a SA leg I know Brazil is a lock for a HUGE show, what other countries could she do stadiums in there?

 

In Latin America overall I could see her doing major in Mexico as well.

 

How would Argentina look?

 

I know she'd easily fill stadiums in Oceania and Africa but in curious about her Lat. American popularity.

I think her stronger markets in LATAM are Brazil, Mexico, Dominican Republic, and prob Costa Rica. 
 

She be better off doing 3-4 shows in Brazil or just visiting Africa and Oceania. With all the Afrobeat influences on this tour I hope she locks in Cape Town & Johannesburg.

I was rewatching some Coachella clips and they reminded me how great the Deja Vu/Green Light transition was. Woo :jonny2:

 

By the way, the music arrangement on this tour is truly fantastic. 

The dancers and backup singers have also plenty of gag-worthy moments! RWT deserves to be experienced in person in order to fully appreciated it imo. 

 

I am looking forward to reading your reactions as soon as the North American leg starts :duca:

Edited by Pepo

I had no idea Freakum Dress was "white leaning" music or more white than BILG. Not everything is about race. And the incredible disrespectful tone speaking about her European fans, who love her just as much as you over there in the US. Some of you have a whole lot of nerve tbqfh. It's just cute remarks about a setlist, no fans here actually dislikes the show. 

Edited by BnPac

13 hours ago, Kingdom said:

 Bey won't removed song as black ass BILG to appease a white leaning audience, her show is her show and i love how she does not change it for anyone. Also the audience gets to actually finish the chorus for her during BILG which is really nice.

so damn stupid and for what :deadbanana4:

I don’t mind the setlist, as a huge fan I know all her songs. But I’m going to the concert with casual fans and they are kinda disappointed that she doesn’t perform songs like halo, single ladies, deja vu, irreplaceable, drunk in love etc. I think Beyoncé is surrounded by yes people. Is there no one in her team telling her to perform her hits? 

  • ATRL Moderator

I think what they saying is her Euro and other non-American fans need the hits and familiar fan faves. They will move for Sweet Dreams and Irreplaceable before BILG and Black Parade.

 

Edit: I think the setlist is amazing, I’d make some small tweaks but who am I lol.

Edited by Devin

i'm so excited for my show...i've only watched the opening ballad section, cuff it intro, Blue's performance, virgo's groove outro (when she names the other songs). when i scroll on social media & vids start auto-playing...my phone is consistently on mute. so i havent heard any of the other arrangements, idk the context behind AHAP & the waddling, or any of the interludes. omg.

 

i wonder how the rest of the no spoiler Hive is coping...did they all log out?? is anyone else here following the tour & at least looking at the pics?

  • ATRL Moderator
8 minutes ago, Embustera said:

I don’t mind the setlist, as a huge fan I know all her songs. But I’m going to the concert with casual fans and they are kinda disappointed that she doesn’t perform songs like halo, single ladies, deja vu, irreplaceable, drunk in love etc. I think Beyoncé is surrounded by yes people. Is there no one in her team telling her to perform her hits? 

I believe she picked tracks that mesh with her vision to what Renaissance represents + dust off some personal faves of hers that fit the show.

 

logically any artist who does a stadium tour its crucial to have multiple hits bc there’s a higher amount of casual fans and GP but I think she has a cute balance — cutting Drunk In Love was a sin tho.

24 minutes ago, BnPac said:

I had no idea Freakum Dress was "white leaning" music or more white than BILG. Not everything is about race. And the incredible disrespectful tone speaking about her European fans, who love her just as much as you over there in the US. Some of you have a whole lot of nerve tbqfh. It's just cute remarks about a setlist, no fans here actually dislikes the show. 

Like Freakum ain’t black as hell :deadbanana4:

25 minutes ago, Embustera said:

I don’t mind the setlist, as a huge fan I know all her songs. But I’m going to the concert with casual fans and they are kinda disappointed that she doesn’t perform songs like halo, single ladies, deja vu, irreplaceable, drunk in love etc. I think Beyoncé is surrounded by yes people. Is there no one in her team telling her to perform her hits? 

I’m sure they offer up their ideas…..but she says no ultimately 😂

3 hours ago, Devin said:

Day 4 in London I think the final gross is ~$25M.
 

spacer.png

There is no way she is averaging 5M by night in London 

I love the setlist, but I’ve also had the opportunity to see her perform live several times, so I’m not really missing the “hits” this time around. 

 

BILG is a Black American anthem and a summer cookout staple. While European audiences might not be as familiar with it as FD, I’m curious how the tour will impact its streams. 

the only hit i'd be interested in is "Irreplaceable" b/c its been gone a long time & those used to produce vocal moments...especially during TBE & IAWT era.

 

other than that...we've heard all those songs a million times. if Beyonce brings back those old songs....they all need new arrangements. tbh...the Dubai arrangement is what saves DrIL b/c other than that...i dont care about it being on the setlist.

 

 

Edited by giRLbye.

  • ATRL Moderator
9 minutes ago, BeyColombia said:

There is no way she is averaging 5M by night in London 

I think we might hit $20-25M lemme bookmark.

 

spacer.png

  • ATRL Moderator

We have to understand the message behind a lot of her bigger hits aren’t exactly happy songs, which explains why they not on the setlist.

 

- Irreplaceable (break up)

- Me, Myself, and I (moody) 

- Beautiful Liar (infidelity) 

- Single Ladies (married with kids)

- If I Were A Boy (break up)

- Best Thing I Never Had (break up)

- Check On It (she hates it)

- Hold Up (moody) 

- Sorry (infidelity) 

- Listen (moody)

- Halo (moody)

 

and who wants to hear Mi Gente, Telephone, Perfect Duet, or Spirit? :skull: Deja Vu and Baby Boy would’ve made cute additions tho.
 

The direction of RWT + Renaissance is very joyful, happy, and party-like. 

3 minutes ago, Devin said:

We have to understand the message behind a lot of her bigger hits aren’t exactly happy songs, which explains why they not on the setlist.

 

- Irreplaceable (break up)

- Me, Myself, and I (moody) 

- Beautiful Liar (infidelity) 

- Single Ladies (married with kids)

- If I Were A Boy (break up)

- Best Thing I Never Had (break up)

- Check On It (she hates it)

- Hold Up (moody) 

- Sorry (infidelity) 

- Listen (moody)

- Halo (moody)

 

and who wants to hear Mi Gente, Telephone, Perfect Duet, or Spirit? :skull: Deja Vu and Baby Boy would’ve made cute additions tho.
 

The direction of RWT + Renaissance is very joyful, happy, and party-like. 

Rather die young is moody. I care is moody/break up.  Dangerously in love, halo, me, myself and I (confidence booster), would work better in my opinion. I’d rather have perfect duet than flaws. Even hymn for the weekend.  Drunk in love though? Where is survivor? Countdown? 

  • ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, sillycilla said:

Rather die young is moody. I care is moody/break up.  Dangerously in love, halo, me, myself and I (confidence booster), would work better in my opinion. I’d rather have perfect duet than flaws. Even hymn for the weekend.  Drunk in love though? Where is survivor? Countdown? 

This kinda why I wish she make more singles with Renaissance. There’s so many bops and happy tracks.

5 minutes ago, Devin said:

This kinda why I wish she make more singles with Renaissance. There’s so many bops and happy tracks.

Me too! I think more people would be ok with the lack of old hits if they actually pushed for more new ones. Everyone has gone crazy for BMS and Cuff it each stop. The whole album deserves it.

7 minutes ago, sillycilla said:

Rather die young is moody. I care is moody/break up.  Dangerously in love, halo, me, myself and I (confidence booster), would work better in my opinion. I’d rather have perfect duet than flaws. Even hymn for the weekend.  Drunk in love though? Where is survivor? Countdown? 

 

why do you keep trying to sneak "survivor" in? :doc: thats the least relevant suggestion of all. beyonce got a million songs at this point...she doesnt need to pull from destiny's child on a new tour. that would've been more upsetting than any other choice.

  • ATRL Moderator
3 minutes ago, kimberly said:

:deadbanana2:

I came to the conclusion shes never performing that again. I see Ego making a comeback before that. :deadbanana:

i think there's a fire "single ladies" arrangement that could be made to make it exciting to perform again

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.