Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Beyoncé

This is part 1 of the Beyoncé discussion.

Featured Replies

1 hour ago, AxelFox said:

In the US+Canada there's a 350m population  for 36 shows while in Europe there's a 750m population for 21 shows. Of course it was gonna sell faster. Not to mention the huge difference in ticket prices.

yup, that's it. she most definitely has more demand per capita in the US, which drives her prices much higher. she's gonna gross like $35 million from her 3 dates in Los Angeles :deadbanana2: Stockholm's $4.6m is pennies in comparison.

  • Replies 143.5k
  • Views 7.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • It was the best concert of my life, bar none. Idc!    It was extraordinary, it was ineffable.  I knew I loved it based on the videos but I... Hey I don't know.    Best moment

  • SashaDevachelli
    SashaDevachelli

    I know this award is a joke but the point is, she has cemented herself in history with the likes of Whitney and Lauryn. And on top of that she won an award for a genre that completely ridiculed and ex

  • Potentially #1 in the US, UK and Canada in the same week   

That's because you have dynamic pricing and prices are not controlled or regulated by governing entities. 

If Ticket master could do the same thing in Europe, they would. They did find a loophole with the the card Ex thing and those tickets all above 1k for normal places sold out. 

 

Still, her demand in the US is gigantic. They just didn't handle the sale well. It was too long, too confusing. The hype just fell completely. 

1 hour ago, Devin said:

Maybe Euros are just broke so prices are affordable.

200/300€ per ticket are A LOT in this economy . We don't earn as much as the Americans :jonny2:

 

Other than that, I disagree. Beyoncé is not touring Europe in its entirety, so the countries that she has skipped shouldn't be taken into account.

Germany is the country with the largest population (~80M), while both France and the UK share the same amount (~60M). Spain comes third (~47M).

So adding up all of the remaining countries (Belgium, Poland and The Netherlands), the total would be ~325M, which isn't that different from the total population in the USA (~333M).

 

It's true that that there's factually a gap when it comes to the overall ticket pricing though. It's a variable that helps to put things into perspective.

However, it's also true that Bey is huge in Europe. Many artists couldn't pull off such figures here.

 

Edited by Pepo

3 minutes ago, Pepo said:

200/300€ per ticket are A LOT in this economy . We don't earn as much as the Americans :jonny2:

 

Other than that, I disagree. Beyoncé is not touring Europe in its entirety, so the countries that she has skipped shouldn't be taken into account.

Germany is the country with the largest population (~80M), while both France and the UK share the same amount (~60M). Spain comes third (~47M).

So adding up all of the remaining countries (Belgium, Poland and The Netherlands), the total would be ~325M, which isn't that different from the total population in The USA (~333M).

 

It's true that that there's factually a variable when it comes to the overall ticket pricing though. It's a variable that helps putting things into perspective.

However, it's true that Bey is huge in Europe. Many artists couldn't pull off such figures here.

 

Yep! Nice perspective! 

Anyone have the updated US ticket sales sheet?  Curious how much more she has moved

  • ATRL Moderator
22 minutes ago, Pepo said:

200/300€ per ticket are A LOT in this economy . We don't earn as much as the Americans :jonny2:

 

Other than that, I disagree. Beyoncé is not touring Europe in its entirety, so the countries that she has skipped shouldn't be taken into account.

Germany is the country with the largest population (~80M), while both France and the UK share the same amount (~60M). Spain comes third (~47M).

So adding up all of the remaining countries (Belgium, Poland and The Netherlands), the total would be ~325M, which isn't that different from the total population in the USA (~333M).

 

It's true that that there's factually a variable when it comes to the overall ticket pricing though. It's a variable that helps putting things into perspective.

However, it's also true that Bey is huge in Europe. Many artists couldn't pull off such figures here.

 

I was trolling.  :deadbanana4:

 

Nah but fr she should book another Euro leg with Berlin, Köln, Milan, Dublin, and Copenhagen. 
 

+ @AxelFox the avi I’m jelly:jonny5:

26 minutes ago, Pepo said:

Beyoncé is not touring Europe in its entirety, so the countries that she has skipped shouldn't be taken into account.

I agree with your other points but this doesn't make sense. She's also not touring the US in its entirety, but people are allowed to move freely between states (or even within massive states like California, tbh) and attend her shows. Kinda like how the Schengen zone works!

16 minutes ago, Pepo said:

200/300€ per ticket are A LOT in this economy . We don't earn as much as the Americans :jonny2:

 

Other than that, I disagree. Beyoncé is not touring Europe in its entirety, so the countries that she has skipped shouldn't be taken into account.

Germany is the country with the largest population (~80M), while both France and the UK share the same amount (~60M). Spain comes third (~47M).

So adding up all of the remaining countries (Belgium, Poland and The Netherlands), the total would be ~325M, which isn't that different from the total population in the USA (~333M).

 

It's true that that there's factually a variable when it comes to the overall ticket pricing though. It's a variable that helps putting things into perspective.

However, it's also true that Bey is huge in Europe. Many artists couldn't pull off such figures here.

 

But she isn't touring every US state either. Just as there are many people travelling cross-state in the US to see her, there are also many in Europe going to different countries to see her. Especially within the EU. There is definitely a larger pool of potential concert goers in Europe .

 

But yes, her demand is insane and there's few who could match it. Perhaps Ed Sheeran? but he's also a 'local'. Maybe Coldplay? I'm not familiar with their tour numbers really, somebody check that. other than that I can't think of anyone really. I don't think Taylor swift will be seeing these numbers in continental Europe.

 

8 minutes ago, Devin said:

I was trolling.  :deadbanana4:

 

Nah but fr she should book another Euro leg with Berlin, Köln, Milan, Dublin, and Copenhagen. 
 

+ @AxelFox the avi I’m jelly:jonny5:

Yeah as soon as I saw the clip I was mesmerised, I had to do it :jonny5: she's having so much fun it's lovely

8 hours ago, Mercurio said:

Stockholm - 4.6M

Brussels - 6M

Cardiff - 6.5M

Sweden tanked. Hope she never returns there again. :clap3:

 

Average gross for EU should be 6-6.5M I guess. 6M*21 shows = $126M

 

NA average gross is a wild card to me. Seeing anywhere between 8-10M. Using a flat 8M*37 = 296M

 

Total = 422M

 

We need Taylor to keep hiding her boxscores so Bey can snatch the highest grossing female tour of all time record for a couple weeks :chick3:

9 minutes ago, AxelFox said:

But she isn't touring every US state either. Just as there are many people travelling cross-state in the US to see her, there are also many in Europe going to different countries to see her. Especially within the EU. There is definitely a larger pool of potential concert goers in Europe .

 

But yes, her demand is insane and there's few who could match it. Perhaps Ed Sheeran? but he's also a 'local'. Maybe Coldplay? I'm not familiar with their tour numbers really, somebody check that. other than that I can't think of anyone really. I don't think Taylor swift will be seeing these numbers in continental Europe.

 

Yeah as soon as I saw the clip I was mesmerised, I had to do it :jonny5: she's having so much fun it's lovely

Male artists are huge like Ed, Coldplay and Harry. If Taylor actually does a full EU tour, then it’s going to be huge. Probably the biggest female tour since she will do multiple nights everywhere. 
 

Pink is also big in Europe. 

14 minutes ago, Shelter said:

Male artists are huge like Ed, Coldplay and Harry. If Taylor actually does a full EU tour, then it’s going to be huge. Probably the biggest female tour since she will do multiple nights everywhere. 
 

Pink is also big in Europe. 

Taylor's coming for Coldplay's record. 

 

Harry just broke scotland's attendance record last week. What would help Bey more is if she released more singles and promoted. She is obviously doing well despite her self inflicted set backs.

Edited by carameldelight

14 minutes ago, kimberly said:

I agree with your other points but this doesn't make sense. She's also not touring the US in its entirety, but people are allowed to move freely between states (or even within massive states like California, tbh) and attend her shows. Kinda like how the Schengen zone works!

 

9 minutes ago, AxelFox said:

But she isn't touring every US state either. Just as there are many people travelling cross-state in the US to see her, there are also many in Europe going to different countries to see her. Especially within the EU. There is definitely a larger pool of potential concert goers in Europe .

 

But yes, her demand is insane and there's few who could match it. Perhaps Ed Sheeran? but he's also a 'local'. Maybe Coldplay? I'm not familiar with their tour numbers really, somebody check that. other than that I can't think of anyone really. I don't think Taylor swift will be seeing these numbers in continental Europe.

 

Yeah as soon as I saw the clip I was mesmerised, I had to do it :jonny5: she's having so much fun it's lovely

But then again she's doing 21 concerts in Europe vs the 33 shows scheduled in the US.

The fans who traveled from abroad (me included) can't be that much since even some of those country's citizens couldn't purchase a ticket, sadly. The 250K empty-handed Parisians are a perfect example of that, but even my show in Belgium went sold-out after 15 minutes.

 

I remember that the second shows in Sweden and Poland were selling at a slower pace, but the rest of the leg had no issue in going sold-out in the blink of an eye. 

So I attended last night and all the issues I pointed out prior really don’t matter when you’re there. Flaws and All was so good live I can’t believe I was enjoying it so much, SUCH  a good show :jonny:

5 minutes ago, QueenB said:

So I attended last night and all the issues I pointed out prior really don’t matter when you’re there. Flaws and All was so good live I can’t believe I was enjoying it so much, SUCH  a good show :jonny:

love to see it...we got way too many creative directors in here

38 minutes ago, Shelter said:

Male artists are huge like Ed, Coldplay and Harry. If Taylor actually does a full EU tour, then it’s going to be huge. Probably the biggest female tour since she will do multiple nights everywhere. 
 

Pink is also big in Europe. 

Can T*ylor fill stadiums in Europe though? I'm genuinely asking.

 

The UK and Ireland are secured, but France, Spain, Sweden or The Netherlands? Uhm.

I think Bey has the edge on her here.

Edited by Pepo

12 minutes ago, Pepo said:

Can T*ylor fill stadiums in Europe though? I'm genuinely asking.

 

The UK and Ireland are secured, but France, Spain, Sweden or The Netherlands? Uhm.

I think Bey has the edge on her here.

I’m just guessing but yes. I don’t see why Europe would be a struggle now? I’m surprised people are doubting it. She became huge after Folklore. Before that I would’ve said no. I think demand will be insane. 

28 minutes ago, QueenB said:

So I attended last night and all the issues I pointed out prior really don’t matter when you’re there. Flaws and All was so good live I can’t believe I was enjoying it so much, SUCH  a good show :jonny:

i think this is very important for all the little Creative Directors in here lol

2 hours ago, Devin said:

Maybe Euros are just broke so prices are affordable.

:deadbanana2::lmao:

 

no but fr, the EU has strict laws about ticket fees and scalping, so tickets remain affordable. there's also no dynamic pricing (raising prices due to demand) 

 

the US loves its capitalism

22 hours ago, yonsé said:

i simply hate the weeknd and think his artistry is incredibly derivative of much greater artists who came before him. :fan:

Wow, you are harsh with him. I feel that he carved a place and sound that is easily identified as The Weekend despite building it on his idols (which I find a good thing). 

But I understand, you can not like every one. 

2 minutes ago, BnPac said:

Wow, you are harsh with him. I feel that he carved a place and sound that is easily identified as The Weekend despite building it on his idols (which I find a good thing). 

But I understand, you can not like every one. 

i really tried with him. beauty behind the madness & my dear melancholy were good records. but when he went FULL 80s synthpop and working exclusively with max martin, he lost me.

Edited by yonsé

25 minutes ago, Pepo said:

Can T*ylor fill stadiums in Europe though? I'm genuinely asking.

 

The UK and Ireland are secured, but France, Spain, Sweden or The Netherlands? Uhm.

I think Bey has the edge on her here.

Even if the demand is weaker in Europe for Taylor I’m guessing a lot of the remaining demand from the US will show up for her over there that will make up for any lack of demand over there. Especially since the tickets will be cheaper. 
 

Kinda how some Beyhive went to go see Bey in Europe because it was cheaper. I can see a lot of Swifties doing that. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.