Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
The New Releases 💿

Beyoncé

This is part 1 of the Beyoncé discussion.

Featured Replies

I heard Move in the club for the first time yesterday and let me tell you!!! It went off!! 
 

People formed a dance circle and everyone busted out their best moves. I got to hop in during the sexy “me and my girlfriends…” line. So I was thotting it up, dancing real sexy and slutty like.  :jonny5:
 

Beyoncé is insane for this album! And even more insane for not promoting it like she did IASF. This could seriously have been the Thriller of our times, the album has a song for everyone. :giraffe:

  • Replies 143.5k
  • Views 7.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • It was the best concert of my life, bar none. Idc!    It was extraordinary, it was ineffable.  I knew I loved it based on the videos but I... Hey I don't know.    Best moment

  • SashaDevachelli
    SashaDevachelli

    I know this award is a joke but the point is, she has cemented herself in history with the likes of Whitney and Lauryn. And on top of that she won an award for a genre that completely ridiculed and ex

  • Potentially #1 in the US, UK and Canada in the same week   

Never been to a Club Renaissance, but just that little bit of Move illuminated for me why they work. Renaissance is a dance album for real.

 

Not like a Future Nostalgia or The Fame where there are some downtempo/ballad numbers. But like a full front to back dance your ass off until you sweat experience. 
 

The Renaissance World Tour might end being the most insane experience between Cuff It, Alien Superstar, Energy, Break My Soul, Church Girl, Virgos Groove, Move, Heated (ahhh! imagining the whole stadium yelling the outro), Pure (specifically, sorry Honey), and Summer Renaissance. :jonny5:

Beyoncé you will ALWAYS be famous! The star that you are! :weeps:
 

Ok, now let me go back to nursing this hangover.

Curious if anyone knows the Beyoncé tracks nearest to reaching 100M streams on Spotify.

2 minutes ago, swissman said:

Curious if anyone knows the Beyoncé tracks nearest to reaching 100M streams on Spotify.

"Spirit" and "Top Off", they're at 99.45M and 91.45M respectively. I try and keep on top of these in the 'Streaming' section of the receipts thread, FYI.

 

3 minutes ago, swissman said:

Curious if anyone knows the Beyoncé tracks nearest to reaching 100M streams on Spotify.

 

26 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

"Spirit" and "Top Off", they're at 99.45M and 91.45M respectively. I try and keep on top of these in the 'Streaming' section of the receipts thread, FYI.

 

ohhh thanks!!! I will look at this thread more often now!!

She is doing well on Spotify, almost 50M monthly listeners again. Renaissance was absolutely necessary for her on that platform. This really should have been a visual album right away released on Netflix, imagine the streams, it makes me very sad to see such missed opportunities but i'll keep on trusting her and there are still two acts so let's wait and see.

8 minutes ago, swissman said:

ohhh thanks!!! I will look at this thread more often now!!

You're welcome! @JoAddams is extremely helpful with posting new receipts in there too. :clap3:

I was listening to that Wendy Williams Beyoncé interview some time after Michelle joined the group (and Farrah left?) that was going around Twitter and:

 

 

I was really struck by Beyoncé answering Wendy asking why she didn't just go solo by saying she could have, but stayed in the group for Kelly's sake as well, not wanting to leave her behind. That was something I had never really considered, that it might've even been an option and that if it were, that would mean Kelly would essentially be dropped (assuming she didn't take her own solo venture).

 

To me this is amazing. Another testament to the kind of person Beyoncé is and the sisterhood she shares with Kelly.

(I guess another factor was the era was just getting started and it would be weird to just go solo during all that success but still...)

 

Whenever I watch this performance I sort of imagine Beyoncé was a solo artist (as the rest are so far behind her and less interactive than other instances). It's interesting because she really could have went solo. She didn't need the other girls per se as far as a finished product goes, but she kept with it.

 

AND NOW
Beyoncé is one of only three people who have had 20 Top Ten hits in the US solo and with a group. (With MJ and Paul McCartney)...

that's legendary.

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by swissman

Y'all talking about hiatuses as if she's not currently in one already :toofunny2:

 

How many times did we even see her since BMS lmao

13 minutes ago, AxelFox said:

Y'all talking about hiatuses as if she's not currently in one already :toofunny2:

 

How many times did we even see her since BMS lmao

Lol!

 

I hear you, but why do so many fans forget the fact that BIK essentially came out of nowhere and proved that she was working diligently on her best visual to date the whole time she was out-of-sight after The Gift came out?

 

Sure, the present delays are jarring af and a solo project demands more, but we know things are in major motion at this very second and reveals are imminent. So, I wouldn't really call this period a hiatus. Confusing? Off? Poorly timed? Sure. A hiatus? Nah. 

 

It's safe to say reveals (of some ilk) are imminent and in knowing concretely that she's touring etc, I think it's both fair and fine to look beyond this era in ascertaining what her plans will be post the Rennie cycle. 

Edited by Cbreezy

I think we can basically say that Beyoncé's silence means she's working. If she was really just sitting at home doing nothing, she'd be bored and post a Christmas note or outfit post something. It's weird because even in her off-moments she's more active...

Listening to Blue in honor of the legend turning 11 and ugh, what a song. Almost makes me want to raise a child just to experience the joy and love this track radiates:heart: But then I remember babies cry and poop themselves and the feeling is gone

 

spacer.png

16 minutes ago, swissman said:

I think we can basically say that Beyoncé's silence means she's working. If she was really just sitting at home doing nothing, she'd be bored and post a Christmas note or outfit post something. It's weird because even in her off-moments she's more active...

I have no doubt she is working for what's she is about to release for the next two years at least. I think what she learned since the pandemic is to plan for long term better instead of taking on huge projects back to back and tiring herself. She said that the whole Homecoming, then Black is King run made her feel tired after and it was a lot of back to back projects during that time, i bet she is not doing it like that again. The problem is Bey is known to change her mind on a project, scrap it and start all over again so in the end all the planning could end up being for nothing lol Mind of a virgo.

8 minutes ago, jane said:

I have no doubt she is working for what's she is about to release for the next two years at least. I think what she learned since the pandemic is to plan for long term better instead of taking on huge projects back to back and tiring herself. She said that the whole Homecoming, then Black is King run made her feel tired after and it was a lot of back to back projects during that time, i bet she is not doing it like that again. The problem is Bey is known to change her mind on a project, scrap it and start all over again so in the end all the planning could end up being for nothing lol Mind of a virgo.

yes that is the problem, but also solution to getting amazing, legacy worthy results.

 

imo had she not taken the time to do ST as she did, she might've got some cute early 2013 hits (though neither Standing on the Sun nor Grown Woman seem like smashes to me) but by the time Miley dominated the Summer/Fall, and Katy came with Roar (and later Dark Horse) and Gaga ate up so much public discourse too with ARTPOP, I feel her era would be pretty much done, unless she still filmed a visual album and used that in Dec to lengthen her era...but it 1) wouldn't have the same impact 2) wouldn't have the same overall artistry of ST's music and 3) wouldn't be nearly as iconic.

 

And this would have just solidified her as a pop icon rather than setting her up as a legend before Lemonade confirmed it. (imo)

 

This is all speculation, but I think she always makes the right decision whenever she waits. ALREADY as a music video would've been nice in late 2019/early 2020, but a full visual album is far better and I think had a better impact on the The Gift's legacy than even if ALREADY was a minor hit.

 

(not saying you've said otherwise I am just kind of rambling I guess).

 

 

Edited by swissman

10 minutes ago, Starshine said:

 

yeah the greatest of all time:jonny5:

there will never be another :jonny5:

2 hours ago, Shelter said:

 

these numbers are so... lemme keep it cute :rip:

Top Off is getting like 10k a day, it aint reaching it :rip:

26 minutes ago, Starshine said:

 

yeah the greatest of all time:jonny5:

The thumbnail! 🙏🏾

  • ATRL Moderator
33 minutes ago, Starshine said:

 

yeah the greatest of all time:jonny5:

Her energy every time Deja Vu came on >>> :jonny5:

14 minutes ago, R.E.M. said:

these numbers are so... lemme keep it cute :rip:

Did you expect all her songs to be over 100 million :rip: 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.