Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

7672

ATRL Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 7672

  1. Nope Laptop wrists though yes
  2. It's not as detrimental as it could be to Taylor who's crafted her image around it, but sectors of the mainstream have tried to delegitimise Bey for her number of co-writers since Lemonade. There are plenty of articles, news segments and comments from celebs like Diane Warren. It's always people with an agenda though.
  3. Not trying to take away from your point (I agree) but side note Beyoncé does get crucified for having lots of other artists credited in her work. Taylor also uses other artists' work for her own but ensures terms are negotiated to the point where she has to credit the bare minimum of her collaborators. And yes, it is largely because songwriting is her only real USP besides her forced personality. She's not a strong singer and the only style of performance she can really handle is stripped back acoustic style. The production carries the rest which is why she only did interviews to promote TLOAS.
  4. I get the vibe she felt like doing something to beef this album cycle up and 'era-fy' it a little more. No live performances/tour and comparatively weak reception (I'm not talking about the stats) would have made TLOAS a completely forgettable album in the grand scheme of things.
  5. OT I think it's because she makes no active effort to perform that well in the first place. People like to laugh at Katy because she's clearly tried and failed multiple times to regain some of her previous momentum and success. We're cruel and we like to drag others for falling flat on their faces when they try. It's not as fun to do when someone wasn't trying in the first place though.
  6. U just posted a bunch of irrelevant **** to try and flex Christina
  7. Idk but I really think her general stature is a little overrated tbh. Obviously a legend in the Disney world but I wouldn't think of her as one outside of it, although others treat her like one. No real consistent run in terms of quality or success. Just odd flashes.
  8. When I first heard her talk about this I was like good for her but now I am BEYOND bored of hearing about how she doesn't want to tour every few weeks (yes I get that she's asked about it) and her bringing up every excuse under the sun to justify it. Girl, you know what normal people have to do after they've had a traumatic experience? Still get up and go to work. Because bills need to be paid. They don't need to be lectured about what a martyr you are because you toured in your teens and early twenties. If you don't want to tour then don't. But my god, she complains about it A LOT for someone who's barely done it in 12 years.
  9. And where exactly did the capital to launch D'ussé come from? He just twisted his thumbs between 1996 and 2012?
  10. Really? Like what? 'The benefit', where do you think those billions came from exactly? Nepotism? And one moment Beyonce owes all her success to Jay-Z, the next it's vice-versa for you people One of them must be successful then, who is it?
  11. Anyone who feels the need to start threads like this knows nothing about Hip-Hop. Jay-Z is a rapper. A straight Hip-Hop rapper from the 90s. His peers are Nas, Biggie Smalls, Tupac, Busta Rhymes, DMX. None of these artists sing. Jay-Z brought the Hip-Hop to new commercial heights in the 2000s and paved the way for Kanye West, Drake, J Cole, Nicki Minaj; rappers who consequently blurred the lines between Hip-Hop and Pop even further, all off the back of pioneers like Jay-Z. The fact that you created this thread to try and shade him and deny him of any relevance in 2026 is reflective of his impact alone.
  12. Just WAITING for him to post some corny **** like "I've learned my lesson. In solidarity with Palestine, I have now decided to cancel the remaining dates of my tour."
  13. Yeah, he feels less "everywhere" now so I find him less irritating. And Pink being the only person to ever have beef with him definitely makes her stick out here, not him.
  14. I feel like Ed knew what he was getting himself into bringing him on tour. And, though a polarising issue, this is probably beneficial publicity for him overall. Zionists don't have the power to empty out his stadiums in 2026.
  15. Selena's impact on pop is minimal in the US and non-existent outside of it She doesn't have one song that's even half as influential or successful as Royals. She is known as a Disney-star-turned-entrepreneur outside of the US, if even thought about at all. There is no need to insert your fav into a conversation just because a conversation is being had.
  16. lol is P!nk ever going to speak with her chest or are cryptic story reposts all she's got? Thought she was pop's rebel girlie?
  17. More like shed tears about her still thriving in her mid-40s. Why would I upload my personal videos to YouTube for the sake of some stranger on ATRL when proof of crowd excitement is literally in the very video you posted?
  18. One minute the stadium was empty, next it was only full for Beyoncé, next no one cared enough about Beyoncé to sing happy birthday to her. I was there. Everyone was so overexcited to see her that the song was drowned out. Does 0:17 sound like lack of motivation to you? What you gonna attempt next?!
  19. Is chopping up my quote you trying to prove something here "CaptainMusic"?
  20. Yea... I ain't been on here in a week but let me get my last word in. Trying to place a bunch of "gotcha"s on me when: - I clearly made MPGs the point from my very first comment, though you've made out like it was some mid-argument switch-up. Their trajectories track the shift more clearly than one off/mid-tier hits - Trying to make out like I said Royals was the sole influence of the 2010s' change in pop tastes to catch me out and deny its influence, when other factors and artists were mentioned from the very beginning - Originally denying that there was even a change in pop at all, then changing your point to "Royals wasn't influential to it" once disproven - Eventually having to admit that 'Lorde was influential' after posting dozens of comments trying to deny what is easily her most recognisable, most successful song of any influence Sweetie, you jumped through so many hoops just to try and downplay Lorde's success that your intentions just became increasingly obvious with each comment (they were obvious from the beginning). What I originally wrote was "Mainstream Dance Pop stalled in 2013 and struggled as a genre for the rest of the decade" and "Royals was a catalyst to its demise". No one has ever said "Royals was solely responsible for the change in pop music and not a single upbeat pop song was successful for the rest of the 2010s because of it". I noted a trend that took place over 7 years and that there were multiple influences, big and small, to this trend. Royals had a big impact when we look at the influence of individual songs. It was not the sole influence. Trying to exaggerate people acknowledging Royals' impact's points in order to disregard it isn't slick. Since we've finally admitted that 'pop music changed throughout the 2010s', I'd love to know what songs you think were influential to this change, if Royals wasn't one of them.
  21. LMFAO wtf is a 'Lordie' and what on earth makes you think I spend a second of my time thinking about her streams Stop letting your agenda mistake me for anyone's stan pls.
  22. Trying to frame not being a songwriter as synonymous with versatility and as a talent Everyone knows Rihanna is not a songwriter and It's literally ok. She has other strengths.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.